There was a time when male grooming was looked down upon. If a man spent too much time in front of the mirror, he was considered strange and advised to see a doctor. But as time flies, it is interesting to see how men are taking interest in their looks. Gone are the days, when a smelly cowboy was considered the symbol of masculinity. Today it is all about personal hygiene and self love. A well-groomed male is liked by all and shows that he can take up responsibility, when situation arises.
Grooming does not take up much of your time. The trick is to make it a regular habit like brushing your teeth. It improves hygiene and boosts self confidence in men. There are a variety of men’s body care products available in the market for men’s grooming. Small basic self care products need to be included in your routine to make that difference:
- Body Wash – toiletry segment witnessed the fastest growth in men’s body care products in the past few years. Soothing body gel with refreshing aroma not only provided a clean and smooth clean but the scent lasted on the body for few hours. Nowadays men are not so fond of soaps. Soaps are harsher than body wash and cause the skin to become dry. The exceptions are of course handmade soaps made with natural ingredients. A true connoisseur only buys them for the impeccable quality. Body washes leave the skin soft and supple and are quite affordable to use. It also lasts longer than regular soap.
- Shampoo – this is a crucial product which takes care of your hair’s basic need. Do not compromise with it! If you have concerns like dandruff, dryness, frizzy hair, hair loss; get the right shampoo. Look into the ingredients that will target these issues. If your problem is severe than consult a dermatologist immediately.
- Hair styling cream wax – a regular trip to the barbershop is always recommended for a well-groomed man. But let’s face it; you cannot go a barber every day. But in order to keep your hair stylish, cream wax is very effective. The perfect haircut stays in shape. Hair gel come in various flavors with essential oil and moisturizes your hair.
- Shaving Cream and after shave lotion – if you are into regular shaving, make sure you choose a shaving cream followed by an aftershave lotion that is perfect for you. The aroma of an aftershave must be just right, not too overpowering and not too little.
- Perfumes – always invest in a good perfume. The trick to select a perfume that is right for you is to familiarize yourself with the scents. Get your signature aroma and keep make it a brand for yourself!
- Curated products – brands with male target audience are known to develop bespoke men’s body care products. Among them, you will find specialty items like tattoo oil, beard oil, anti-chafing cream, anti sweat lotion, and more. These are for the next gen men who take self love to the next level!
Image credit: daily grooming via JAYANNPO/shutterstock