Filing Taxes Online? Here Are 4 Of The Best Tools

Tax Accountant in Vancouver

Filing taxes online is becoming one of the quickest and most efficient ways of getting your taxes done and best of all its mostly painless. More and more people are ditching the formal meeting and sticking to their PJs in order to get their taxes done and seemingly in less time. This week we spoke to a Toronto Tax Lawyerabout the most reliable and trustworthy tools that you can use safely.

Turbo Tax:

The Tax Accountant said his favorite of all the online tax platforms was Turbo Tax due to its easy-to-use interface. Turbo Tax goes through each step of the process effectively and with plenty of tips along the way. Perhaps the best part is the online presence of people who are able to assist you whenever needed.

Credit Karma:

Credit Karma is known for mostly telling people their credit score, but did you know you can file with them as well? They promise to be completely free (whereas Turbo Tax still charges) and promise the same benefits as you get by going through Turbo Tax. They are a worthy contender, so they are worthwhile to check out for this next tax season.

H&R Block:

H&R Block has recently put a lot of effort into hitting the digital market after being one of the main in-person tax filing services in town. They also claim to file for free and much like Credit Karma, seem to make their whole marketing scheme around being better than Turbo Tax. With H&R Block you can snap a photo of your W-2 and have it auto-complete into the form, making for a smooth filing year.


The IRS now has a platform for you to file online as well! Their website is not as user-friendly and fun to use as the websites above, but the process is mainlined by using them. What I mean by this is that there is no middle-man in this regard, so if quick and reliable filing is your concern, then the IRS website may be the way for you to go.

Taxes can be complicated however, so even though these sites are well and good, its important to be safe while filing. If you are more than a small business or have a more complicated filing year than a W-2 its advisable to go talk with an expert.