More than 10 Firefox Addons For Maximum Productivity
Firefox has been the best browser in terms of its functionality & ease of use. Right now it has thousands of addons & 467,077,139 are in use at the moment of writing this post. All the other stats like number of user reviews & total number of downloads in a graphical manner with monthly plotting can be seen in the statistics page here.
Its been more than 7 years I have been using firefox and it’s been a great journey, although I am a web developer so I have to use every other browser to see whether a website is working well on it or not.
Designing for firefox is always easy and it makes my development time very less with all those useful addons. So presenting here some of the most popular, most useful firefox plugins which are make your web surfing experience more enjoyable.
Firefox addons for better browsing experience
- Tile Tabs: A great tool to switch between tabs in a quick manner. Weather you are copy-pasting or doing research you can set different tile layouts, groups of tabs, in a horizontal, vertical or a grid view.
- Adblock Plus: Ever been annoyed by all those ads and banners on the internet that often take longer to download than everything else on the page? Install Adblock Plus now and get rid of them.
- FoxyProxy Standard: FoxyProxy is an advanced proxy management tool that completely replaces Firefox’s limited proxying capabilities. For a simpler tool and less advanced configuration options, please use FoxyProxy Basic.
- FastestFox: Save time by speeding up repetitive tasks. Get faster, parallelized downloads, auto-loading of next page, improved searching, and more. FastestFox will dramatically enhance your productivity!
- Xmarks: Keep your bookmarks synchronised with your multiple browsers or different computers anywhere in the world. It takes all your bookmarks on the server of its own and you can import all those favorites anywhere, anytime.
- Alexa: Alexa website information. Ranking of a website & credibility of a news source can easily be tracked and all that free.
- WebMail Notifier: I don’t have to login or check my mail account at any point as this notifier checks & tells me where I have got mail. Be it Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail. Its one of my great time saver.
- Screengrab: How many times you want to save a part of website or a snippet which can give you insights about the topics that are your favorite. In just few clicks you can take a screenshot and save it for future usage.
- ImageZoom: Have you ever had trouble viewing some image that is small and u want a closer look at it. Just Zoom in and image, rotate it in definite order.
- StumbleUpon Toolbar: StumbleUpon helps you discover great websites that match your interests. Simply click the Stumble button and see the best websites. There are over 500 topics to choose from, and, the more you use it, the better your recommendations become!
- Delicious: Another bookmarking service that has been very often used to save your favorite link or website. With the addon you can save your favorite sites in few secs.
- Echofon: Social networking has really began to take its toll on many and Twitter is among the top favorite. It notifies you of your friends’ tweets on Twitter.
- Download statusbar: View and manage downloads from a tidy statusbar – without the download window getting in the way of your web browsing.
- VideoDownloadHelper: The easy way to download and convert Web videos from hundreds of YouTube-like sites.
- Nuke Anything Enhanced: Edit your stuff before printing like removing unnecessary objects, images, blocks etc.
- IE-Tab: An enhanced version of IE Tab which enables you to use the embedded IE engine within tabs of Mozilla Firefox. It supports Adblock Plus in IE, and can sync cookies between IE and Firefox. This is the self-hosted version.
Also see – Best Firefox Alternatives
I know that there are lots of addons missing here but then again it’s a list that increases your productivity. I hope you have enjoyed the post. Please add any other addons in your comments .. so that i can add it to mine.