Three suspects held over deadly blasts in Afghanistan’s Bamiyan
At least three suspects were arrested on Thursday in connection with the deadly bomb blasts in the city of Bamiyan in central Afghanistan that had killed at least 17 people and wounded over 50 others, police said.
Bamiyan police said that according to their initial investigation, “Taliban has plotted the attack.” Taliban has denied involvement in the attack.
“One suspect has been identified by the National Directorate of Security,” Bamiyan Police Chief Zabardast Safai said.
Survivors said the blasts were huge and that it was shocking because it happened for the first time in Bamiyan, which has been a safe place for tourists, Tolo news reported.
“I was in a butcher shop when the blasts happened. It was huge,” said a wounded.
“Doctors have told me that my legs have been broken. Doctors have asked me to go to Kabul for further treatment,” said Khan Ali, a wounded.
According to health officials, 10 of those wounded in the explosions are in critical condition.
“Some people were saying that it was a gas cylinder explosion, but I saw that a vehicle was totally damaged and four people were lying on the ground,” said Ali Dad, a survivor.
“We are deeply concerned about those wounded who are in critical condition and need more specialized treatment,” head of Bamiyan Hospital said Froghuddin Amiri.
Meanwhile, in the southern Kandahar province, at least six policemen were wounded in a suicide attack on Wednesday morning.
The incident happened in Aino Mina Township in PD11 of the city Kandahar when a suicide bomber detonated an explosive-laden vehicle, the statement said.
Local officials said the incident happened close to a security checkpoint.
So far, no group including the Taliban has claimed responsibility for the blast.
“A truck crashed with the wall of the building and the explosion occurred. As a result, some parts of the building were damaged and six policemen were wounded,” said Bahir Ahmad Ahmadi, spokesman for Kandahar Governor.