Here’s the stepwise guide on deleting Instagram account.
Step 1: To access the home page of Instagram, open the app that features a multicolored icon resembling a camera lens. This action assumes that you have already logged into the app.
Step 2: To navigate to your profile page, tap on the image representing your profile located in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Step 3: Select the option labeled “Settings” located at the bottom of the menu and tap on it.
Step4: Navigate further down the screen and tap on the option labeled “Help” which is identifiable by its icon featuring a question mark (?) symbol.
Step 5: Select the second item listed in the Help menu labeled “Help Center”. This action will launch a web browser window displaying some instructions.
Step 6: Select the second option situated near the top of the page titled “Managing Your Account” by tapping on it.
Step 7: To proceed, tap on the second option provided on the page labeled “Delete Your Account”. If you wish to ensure that your entire digital footprint on Instagram is eliminated, you may want to consider deleting each post individually prior to deleting your account.
Step 8: Select the option labeled “How do I delete my Instagram account?” by tapping on it, only if you have no intention of reopening the same account in the future. Alternatively, if you prefer to temporarily deactivate the account until you log back in, choose the option “How do I temporarily disable my Instagram account?” and then follow the instructions provided on the screen.
Step 9: Carefully review the conditions outlined on the page and then tap on the option labeled “Delete Your Account” to proceed. The information provided clarifies that deleting your account is a permanent action, but you will have a window of 30 days to reactivate it should you change your mind. The “Delete Your Account” link can be found in section 1 and is identifiable by its blue text. If you are not currently signed in to your Instagram account, you will be prompted to do so at this stage.
There are several genuine reasons why someone might want to delete their Instagram account, here are few reason to do so:
- Time management: Instagram can be a major time-waster, and if you spend too much time scrolling through your feed or checking your notifications, it might be time to take a break or delete your account altogether.
- Mental health: Instagram can be a breeding ground for comparison and self-doubt, as users often present carefully curated versions of their lives. If you find that using Instagram negatively impacts your mental health or self-esteem, it may be time to step back or delete your account.
- Privacy concerns: Instagram collects a lot of data about its users, and some people may be uncomfortable with the amount of personal information being shared. If you’re concerned about your privacy, deleting your Instagram account is one way to regain control of your online identity.
- Cyberbullying: Unfortunately, Instagram is not immune to cyberbullying, and some users may find themselves the target of hurtful or abusive comments. If you’re being bullied on Instagram, deleting your account may be the best course of action to protect your mental health.
- Distraction: Instagram can be a major distraction from more important things, such as work, school, or relationships. If you’re struggling to stay focused on your goals or responsibilities because of Instagram, it may be time to delete your account and prioritize what matters.
To delete your Instagram account, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Instagram account on a web browser. You cannot delete your account from the mobile app.
- Go to the Instagram Delete Your Account page.
- From the dropdown menu, select why you want to delete your account. This step is required before you can proceed with deleting your account.
- Enter your password when prompted.
- Click “Permanently delete my account.”
- Your account will be permanently deleted, and your photos, videos, comments, likes, and followers will disappear. This process cannot be undone.
Note: Once you’ve deleted your account, you can’t sign up again with the same username or add that username to another account. Instagram also cannot reactivate or restore deleted accounts.
Alternatives to Instagram
- VSCO: VSCO is a photography app that lets you take and edit photos, and share them with a community of other users. It has a similar aesthetic to Instagram, focusing on high-quality, artistic photography.
- Flickr: Flickr is a photo-sharing platform that’s been around since 2004. It’s popular with professional photographers and has a strong community of users who appreciate the platform’s focus on photography.
- 500px: 500px is another photography-focused platform that lets you share and discover high-quality photos. It has a strong community of users who appreciate the platform’s focus on creativity and artistic expression.
- TikTok: While TikTok is primarily a video-sharing platform, it’s also becoming a popular destination for photographers and creators who want to share their work more creatively. TikTok has a large and engaged community, and can be a great alternative to Instagram for those who want to explore new ways of sharing their content.
- Pinterest: A social media platform lets you save and organize images and videos from around the web. It’s a great place to discover new ideas and inspiration, and can be a useful tool for photographers who want to curate their collections of inspiration and reference material.
Things you can do Physically instead of using Social Media
- Exercise: Physical activity can help reduce stress and improve mood. Consider going for a walk, a run, or practicing yoga instead of scrolling through social media.
- Read a book: Reading is a great way to unwind and escape from the stresses of daily life. Pick up a book, magazine, or newspaper and read.
- Connect with friends and family in person: Instead of using social media to keep in touch with friends and family, try meeting up with them for a coffee, a walk, or a meal.
- Pursue a hobby: Whether it’s painting, playing an instrument, or knitting, pursuing a hobby can be a great way to engage your mind and stay productive.
- Get outside: Spending time in nature can be a great way to clear your mind and improve your mood. Go for a hike, bike ride, or simply sit outside and enjoy the fresh air.
- Volunteering can be a great way to give back to your community and meet new people. Consider volunteering at a local charity or organization instead of spending time on social media.
Remember, social media can be a valuable tool for staying connected and informed. Still, it’s important to take breaks and engage in other activities to maintain a healthy balance in your life.