Kratom is a naturally occurring tropical tree that grows wildly in rich soil in humid and hot environments, particularly in Southeast Asia. The leaves of this plant are said to possess opiate-like effects that are effective in relieving pain. Traditionally, farmers from Asia used to chew the leaves directly from the tree to get rid of pain from different parts of their bodies. Today, the leaves are dried, crushed into a fine powder, which you can use to make Kratom tea for pain relief.
When taken responsibly, Kratom tea produces a mildly stimulating effect. It can also produce a sedative effect that yields a similar experience in taking opioid-based painkillers. Kratom tea is absorbed and digested conveniently, and therefore, many people are using it as a natural alternative to pharmaceutical drugs, which have a long history of various side effects.
Kratom tea for pain
Kratom tea has powerful pain killing effects and would be better than over the counter substances for anyone dealing with chronic pain. According to research, Kratom is rich in alkaloids, terpenoid saponins, glycosides, flavonoids, and various polyphenols. The main active ingredients are alkaloids that come in varying amounts depending on the strains, although the ones responsible for pain-relieving effects are Mitragynine and 7-Hydroxymitragynine.
If you want to purchase kratom powder, you can always check online stores.
· Mitragynine – This is the most abundant alkaloid in Kratom tea and being an opioid receptor agonist, it binds to opioid receptors in the brain to suppress pain
· 7-Hydroxymitagynine – This alkaloid is 17 times more potent than morphine and 20 times more potent than Mitragynine and hence an excellent pain reliever
Effects of Kratom tea
The combination of alkaloids Mitragynine and 7-Hydroxymitragynine makes Kratom the best herb to relieve pain. When brewed into a tea, it is absorbed easily and will have instant effects and reduce pain from various conditions such as;
· Back pain
· Migraines and cluster headaches
· Multiple sclerosis
· Neck pain and soreness
· General neuropathic pain
· Minor injuries – scrapes, burns, and broken bones
· Menstrual cramps
How to prepare Kratom Tea
Now that you’ve learned what Kratom tea can do, the question that could be going through your mind right now is how to prepare. Well, preparing Kratom tea is simple and straightforward, and anyone can make it at the comfort of their homes. When making Kratom tea, many people worry that the alkaloid present will be destroyed making the tea useless, but you can now have a sigh of relief because these alkaloids are stable at high temperatures and cannot lose their potency.
· Pour water in a teapot and add Kratom powder
· Allow the mixture to simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the powder settles beneath the water
· Use cheesecloth to filter out the powder
· Serve your tea and enjoy
Kratom tea preparation tips
· Add water to Kratom powder and freeze it before cooking to increase alkaloid absorption
· Adding citric acid or lemon juice can increase alkaloid absorption and also protect alkaloids from being destroyed
· You can store the strained powder from tea in a refrigerator to reuse later to avoid wastage of alkaloids
Kratom tea is easy to prepare, and the most interesting thing is that it offers pain-relieving benefits. Whether you are experiencing menstrual cramps, body discomforts, flu or headache, taking a cup of Kratom tea can provide soothing comfort and reduce pains and aches. If consumed in the morning, it can relieve pain to improve focus and motivation throughout the day, while taking it a few hours to bed will enhance the quality of your sleep.