What is so special about Jamaican black castor oil?
Just like other castor oils, Jamaican black castor oil (JBCO) is extracted from the seeds of the castor plant. However, the processing method is different. Clear castor oil is made from fresh castor seeds whereas JBCO is pressed from roasted high-quality castor seeds.
The roasting process creates a little amount of ash which makes black or brown coloured Jamaican castor oil alkaline in comparison to pale yellow castor oil.
Also, in comparison to a regular castor oil which is moist and heavy JBCO is slightly warmer. It is rich in omega-9 fatty acids, minerals and vitamin E.
Let’s dig into the benefits of this magical oil for health, skin and hair.
Health Benefits Of Jamaican Black Castor Oil
JBCO is known to improve digestion, relieve joint and muscle pains and improve breathing. It increases blood and lymphatic circulation and treats lymphatic system drainage issues. The oil has been used in the drugs that reduce the damaging effects of chemotherapy in patients receiving cancer treatment. Below is the list of health benefits of this magical oil.
- Improves digestion- Jamaican black castor oil is a laxative. It promotes the intestinal movements and makes the stool pass out. It is rich in ricinoleic acid that relieves constipation, provokes the contraction of intestinal muscles and pushes the stool out. JBCO balances the gut bacteria and improves digestion.
- Cures insomnia- Studies show that JBCO induces long duration sound sleep. Take a few drops of the oil and rub gently over your eyelids for a minute.
- Relieves menstrual pain– Using Jamaican castor oil from a couple of days before your due date addresses premenstrual pain and also address menstrual cramps.
You don’t have to consume JBCO for this but follow the instructions given below.
- Soak a flannel cloth with warm Jamaican black castor oil. The cloth should be saturated with the oil but make sure it is not dripping.
- Place the castor oil soaked cloth over your lower abdomen.
- Cover the cloth with saran wrap. This will insulate the heat and increase the effectiveness of oil.
- Now place a heating pad on saran wrap. Leave the pack for half an hour to an hour.
- Remove the pack and wipe off the residue with the help of a tissue.
Repeat this for four consecutive days.
- Improves respiration- Jamaican castor oil cleanses your lungs and improves breathing.
Warm about 8 oz of castor oil. Soak a flannel cloth with it. Lay down on a plastic sheet on the ground and place the soaked flannel cloth on your chest. Cover the cloth with a large plastic and place a heating pad over it. Relax for 2 hours. This procedure will break down and eliminate the stored toxins and will relieve chest congestion.
- Relieves joint pain and muscle ache- JBCO is anti-inflammatory and has healing properties. Its pack effectively treats joint pain and relieves muscle ache. Soak a flannel cloth with warm castor oil and place it over the affected part. Cover the soaked cloth with a plastic wrap and place a heating pad over it. Leave it for an hour a then remove it and wipe off the affected area with a tissue.
*In the case of joint pains castor oil provide only temporary relief.
- Slows the progress of the autoimmune diseases– Studies shows that use of Jamaican black castor oil reduce the effect caused due to autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease. It acts as an immune system stimulant.
Benefits Of Jamaican Castor Oil for Skin
Jamaican Black Castor Oil is an effective home remedy for skin issues. Being rich in omega-9 fatty acids our magical oil promotes healing, keeps the skin clean and prevents secondary infections. It is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial (stops the spread of bacteria) and anti-fungal and effectively treats skin issues such as ringworm, warts, athlete’s foot and acne. JBCO absorbs well in the skin ad locks the moisture deep in the epidermis. Thus, it acts as moisturizer and combats dryness. Also, it eliminates dead skin cells from the skin surface.
Check out the amazing benefits of Jamaican castor oil for skin.
- Treats acne– As discussed above our magical oil cleans skin and is anti-microbial. Being alkaline it opens the pores.
To get rid of acne apply a little amount of JBCO on your face or over the affected area. This is followed by placing a steaming washcloth over your face. For this soak a washcloth in steaming hot water. Make sure the water is of bearable temperature. Wring the excess of water and use it. After 5 minutes remove the washcloth. Now wipe your face gently with a clean and moist washcloth. Repeat this once in a week.
- Fights the signs of ageing- JBCO has emollient property. It gets absorbed in the skin, moisturizes the face, fights free radical damage and makes you look young.
Clean your face with a mild cleanser. With a cotton ball assure you haven’t left traces of cleanser on your face. Apply castor oil to your face and massage gently. Repeat this 2 times in a day to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Heals scar- Jamaican black castor oil discourages new skin growth, soothes fibrous tissues and thus helps in removal of scars permanently or at least makes them less noticeable.
To get rid of scars clean the affected area with a mild cleanser so that there is no debris, dirt or surface oil left on your skin. Now apply a few drops of castor oil on the affected area and massage with your fingertips. Blot away the excess oil with a cotton ball.
Repeat this two time in a day to promote healing.
- Treats infection- The antibacterial and antifungal properties of JBCO makes it an amazing home remedy to treat skin infections. It is synthetic free and natural. It promotes the flow of blood and lymph and flushes out toxins.
Mix a little Jamaican castor oil to a pinch of baking soda and apply it to the affected area to treat cysts, fungal infections, moles etc.
*This oil is also useful in treating sunburns and yeast infections.
- Healthy lips and healthy nails– Jamaican black castor oil combats dryness and moisturizes chapped lips. It strengthens the cuticle and promotes the growth of healthy nails.
- The amazing home remedy for cracked heels- To treat cracked heels and make your feet soft, apply castor oil to your heels daily before going to the bed. Castor oil not only locks the moisture but also heals the cracks.
- Perfect skin cleanser– Our magical oils is rich in vitamin E, removes dirt and debris, prevents infection and also maintains the skin elasticity. All these properties make it an effective skin cleanser.
- Natural Moisturizer- Those who have extremely dry skin should use JBCO as a moisturiser to maintain the suppleness of the skin. Massage your face with a few drops of castor oil every day before sleeping. Your skin will become fresh and bright.
- Treats chapped lips- To treat chapped lips mix 3 tablespoons of Jamaican black castor oil to a tablespoon butter, a tablespoon beeswax and a few drops of any essential oil such as lavender essential oil. Apply the mixture to your lips every day before sleeping to get rid of chapped lips.
Benefits of Jamaican Castor Oil For Hair
Most of the hair problems are due to the dry and itchy scalp. Jamaican black castor oil is rich in omega-9 fatty acids and vitamin E. Also, it contains omega-6 fatty acids. It is a great moisturizer and has antimicrobial properties. Thus, our magical oil combats scalp dryness eliminates dandruff and promotes hair growth.
- Treats dry scalp– To a teaspoon of JBCO add an equal amount of olive oil and juice of half lemon. Mix the ingredients and warm it a little bit. Apply it over your scalp and massage gently for 10 minutes. Leave it overnight and in the morning wash your hairs with a mild shampoo.
*JBCO is a natural hair conditioner.
- Treats split ends- To treat split ends mix our magical oil with equal amounts of mustard oil. Mix both the oils and massage your scalp with it for 15 minutes. Also, apply the oil over your hair and rub it over the split ends. Leave it for half an hour and then shampoo as usual.
- Eliminates dry and frizzy hair– To a tablespoon organic honey add a half avocado and four tablespoons Jamaican castor oil. Mix the ingredients and apply it to your scalp and hair. Leave it for half an hour and then shampoo as usual. Regular use of Jamaican black castor oil prevents hair breakage.
- Jamaican Castor oil to get thicker eyelash and eyebrows– Ricinoleic acid present in our magical oil stimulates the growth of eyebrows and eyelashes and nourishes hair follicles.
Clean your eyelashes and eyebrows. With the help of a cotton swab apply JBCO over your eyelashes and eyebrows. Just a drop or two is enough. Do not use too much oil. Repeat this every night before sleeping.
Safety Tips While Using Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Avoid using Jamaican castor oil if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Do not use it in conjugation with latex as a sexual lubricant.
Castor oil should never be applied to open wounds.
Always wash your hands after using castor oil.
Make sure the oil doesn’t enter your eyes.