Tom Cruise net worth 2020 – Assets, Career, Family, Life & More!
Tom Cruise is one of Hollywood’s most significant, best, and most popular brands. Eight out of every ten people watching Hollywood films are a massive fan of this rock star! His most hit movies are: Top Gun, Mission Impossible, Jerry Maguire, A Few Good Men, Rain Man, Risky Business, Minority Report, Collateral, Magnolia, Edge of Tomorrow, The Last Samurai, Oblivion and the list goes on. Further, Tom Cruise net worth is a topic to talk on.
Let’s Talk Tom Cruise
Tom Cruise is an American actor who has been known since the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s for his amazing appearances in famous films. He was also known for his high-profile marriages with actresses Nicole Kidman as well as Katie Holmes. He rocked up to fame with his star turns in Risky Business and Top Gun despite developing an interest in acting through high school. Cruise later won praise in the hit film Jerry Maguire and the Mission for his work: Impossible franchise.
While we imagine action films, very few names pop up in our heads, one of which is Tom Cruise. And not just films, he is everyone’s favorite even in romantic movies! For most exceptional success comes the most outstanding obligation, Mr. Cruise has always kept it all, and that too, at the top spot when it comes to Hollywood.
Here, we’ll discuss the action hero who is considered to be the master of the thriller and immense action movies. It’s none other than the beautiful Mr. Tom Cruise. Tom has earned massive respect in the cinema industry with his finest acting and business skills, as well as an enormous amount of net worth. Net Worth means Current Assets minus Current Liabilities, in simple terms. Let’s look at Mr. Cruise’s fortune that can further give us an idea of what Tom Cruise net worth might be.
Tom Cruise is an actor in the American film industry and, besides, also a producer. Tom Cruise net worth is estimated at USD 550 million, which is so much to imagine. That will be around 3530.36 crores of Indian National Rupees in Indian currency.
His first strong impression was in the “Risky Business” teen comedy movie, which made him a rising superstar in 1983. Tom is also a great donor when it comes to charity, aside from being a huge earner. A large amount of his income is donated to various charity programs worldwide, which include charity “America: A Tribute to Heroes” to respect the victims of the 9/11 attack. Therefore, we can point out that he knows and is also consequently committed to his duties towards the community.
Tom Cruise’s House
Mr. Tom Cruise once owned a Beverly Hills, California property mansion. The land contained an area of 10,286 square feet, sold to Leon and Dabra Black for a colossal 40 million USD sum. Mr. Cruise also has a 30 million dollar house in California.
Cars and Planes Owned By Tom Cruise
Cruise’s favorite brand is Porsche and Bremont when it comes to luxury cars. He owns a Veyron, a Buggati-manufactured sports car worth 22.50,000 USD. And Porsche also manufactured sports cars, which were estimated to cost around USD 112,000. Aside from vehicles, Tom has a US$ 63,16,000 private jet and a US$ 93,000 private plane.
The Dependency On Tom Cruise net Worth
Much earning in the case of any celebrities depends on fan following. Tom Cruise is one of the movie world’s most popular actors. In addition to directing, Mr. Cruise is also a film producer and owns various businesses around the globe. So we can be sure that Tom Cruise net worth will continue to grow through the years.
A Bit About Tom Cruise Family & More
If you enjoy action films, then you might also learn some interesting facts regarding Tom Cruise as listed below:
- Tom Cruise was born on July 3, 1962, in Syracuse, New York, the U.S. His full name is Thomas Cruise Mapother IV. In his early days, Tom wished to become a priest, who also won him a scholarship and began attending seminary, but fate had chosen something else, and he landed as a priest.
- Tom’s appreciation of action comes from where he was a fighter in his schoolyards. Yet, when he first played a role in Guys and Dolls ‘ high school production, his love for acting started.
- Before becoming a millionaire, Tom did odd jobs like cleaning table, was employed as a busboy and he was a porter as well. Because of his performance, he skipped his high school graduation ceremony.
- Mr. Cruise also received a pilot license in 1994, and he operates a private jet and a helicopter.
- In the early mornings of June 17, 2005, Tom cruise proposed his lady love, Katie Holmes, on top of the Eiffel tower and married in the year 2006.
Tom Cruise Is A Massive Earner | Here Is The Proof!
Tom Cruise is also a professional director, and his own company’s Mission Impossible series of films produced were highly successful at the box office. The movies Mission: Impossible II (2000) and War of the Worlds (2005) won $100 million each. The cruise was pocketing a whopping $70 million for Mission: Impossible (1996). He is reported to have made $290 million in total from the four Mission: Impossible Franchise Films.
Because of the actor agreeing “benefit share” agreements for the film, the enormous sums gained were made possible. Cruise, in reality, insists on getting a good percentage of the gross profits from a movie before deciding to participate in it.
Notable investments under Tom Cruise net Worth 2020
- A $35 million mansion in Beverly Hills A $30 million estate in Telluride, Colorado A New York City condo apartment estimated to be worth $3 million Cruise spends $2 million a year for the safety of its daughter Suri and former wife, Katie Holmes.
- Since splitting from Katie, he paid $200,000 per year in Child Support for Suri.
- Cruise owns a Bugatti Veyron that was considered the fastest car in the world, and a Porsche 911 that was estimated at $200,000.
- He owns two private jets, as well.
Tom Cruise and his personal life
Tom Cruise got married three times. His first marriage was with Mimi Rogers, who welcomed him to the Scientological Church. They were married when he left her from 1987 to 1990, after meeting the woman who would become his second wife, Nicole Kidman.
Since meeting on the set of Day Of Thunder, Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman married in 1990. Both stayed together through the 1990s but eventually separated in 2001. Kidman is currently married to Aussie Keith Urban.
He began dating his Vanilla Sky co-star, Penelope Cruz (Cruise and Cruz), after Tom and Nicole split, eventually breaking up with her in 2004, and shortly afterward, he began dating his soon-to-be third wife, Katie Holmes.
His junior, Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise, remained married six years before Holmes filed for divorce in the state of New York. Their partnership was often splashed on the magazine pages, sometimes because of Cruise’s participation in the Scientology Church or sometimes because he jumped up and down with Oprah on couches.
Childhood & Early Life Of Famous Tom Cruise
Tom Cruise is an award-winning American actor and director best known for roles in the television show ‘ Mission: Impossible’, where he portrays secret agent Ethan Hunt. He is considered one of the greatest movie stars in the United States and is the highest-paid actor in Hollywood in 2012. Born to an abusive father in New York, and raised in near-poverty, there was nothing in his early life to suggest that he would one day become one of the world’s most famous actors. Even as a teen, Cruise dreamed of becoming a priest rather than an actor. Destiny had other dreams in mind for him, though, and as a 19-year-old, he found himself playing a small role in the film ‘ Endless Love.’
- He was born in Syracuse, New York, as the son of Mary Lee and Thomas Cruise Mapother III, Thomas Cruise Mapother IV. His father was an electrical engineer, while his mother taught special education. He has three sisters.
- He had a challenging childhood and grew up in poverty. His father was an abusive man who often used the slightest pretext to beat young Tom.
- When his father took up a job with the Canadian Armed Forces, the family moved to Canada. His parents broke up within a few years, however, and Tom Cruise and his mother and sisters returned to the U.S.A.
Tom Cruise Career Details & His Achievements
- He gave up the idea of becoming a priest during his late teens and decided to try his hand at an acting career. He moved to New York and was successful at bagging a small role as a 19-year-old in the 1981 movie’ Endless Love.’
- He portrayed Joel Goodson in 1983 in the romantic comedy ‘ Risky Business’ after playing small roles in some more movies. The film became a big hit, and Tom Cruise became the heart-throb of millions of American girls, with his chocolate-boy good looks.
- He appeared in the action-drama film ‘ Top Gun’ in 1986, in which he played Lieutenant Pete “Maverick” Mitchell, a young naval aviator on board the U.S.S. Enterprise aircraft carrier.
- He shared the screen often in the early 1990s with actress Nicole Kidman whom he had married in 1990. In movies like’ Days of Thunder’ (1990), and’ Far and Away’ (1992), the real-life couple co-starred as lovers.
- While he played the role of Ethan Hunt in the adventure spy film ‘ Mission: Impossible’, he gained unprecedented success in 1996. The plot follows on from agent Hunt and his quest to discover the mole who blamed him for his entire team’s killings. The movie was a great success in the box office and inspired many sequels.
- During the late 1990s and 2000s, he continued to be a highly bankable and popular star with films such as’ Eyes Wide Shut,” Vanilla Sky,” Minority Report,” The Last Samurai,” Collateral,” War of the Worlds’ (2005), and’ Lions for Lambs. ‘ Some of his latest movies include “Rock of Ages,” “Jack Reacher,” “Oblivion,” and “Edge of Tomorrow.”
- In the fifth installment of the Mission in 2015, Tom Cruise starred: Impossible series,’ Mission: Impossible–Rogue Nation.’ He reprised the part in the franchise’s sixth film,’ Mission: Impossible–Fallout’ in 2018.
- He starred in the horror film ‘ The Mummy ‘ in 2017. The film was a reboot of the 1932 film of the same name by Boris Karloff.
Awards Won By Tom Cruise
- He was awarded the 2003 National Mentoring Partnership Excellence in Mentoring Award for his work with the organization.
- Tom Cruise has been awarded three Golden Globe Awards, including Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture–Drama in 1990 for’ Born on the Fourth of July’ and Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture–Comedy / Musical in 1997 for’ Jerry Maguire.’
- He won ‘Personal David’ at the David di Donatello Awards in 2005.
- In 2011, Cruise was given a charitable award for his efforts as a committed philanthropist by the Simon Wiesenthal Center and Museum of Tolerance.
- One of his best-known works is the war drama film’ Born on the Fourth of July’ (1989). His film depiction of Ron Kovic has won Cruise a nomination for an Academy Award. The movie was both a critical success and a commercial one.
- Tom Cruise is most famous for playing the secret agent Ethan Hunt in the movies ‘ Mission: Impossible,’ a series of adventure spy thrillers focused on the same-name T.V. series. The series is the 17th-highest-grossing all-time film series with a worldwide gross value of over $2 billion and has helped maintain the superstar status as well as Tom Cruise’s net worth over the years.
Philanthropic words of Tom Cruise
- Tom Cruise, who as a young boy, overcame dyslexia, became a founding board member for the Hollywood Education and Literacy Project to help students learn how to read and succeed.
- He has supported many charities, including the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, the Friars Foundation, H.E.L.P., and the Jackie Chan Charitable Foundation, among others out of Tom Cruise net worth.