Men’s Packing Guide For An Adventurous Summer
Adventurous summer you say? This can only mean one thing – open up the first available bag, throw in your clothes, and hit the road! Well, this is definitely one way to pack for the trip. But you are bound to pause your adventure as soon as you figure out that you didn’t bring something important with you.
This is why we are here. We came up with a men’s packing guide for an adventurous summer to help you make sure that you have everything with you, so that you can focus on the most important thing – adventure.
Find a Good Case or Backpack
Let’s start with the essential part of your gear – a good case or backpack. If you are going on an adventure, you have to bring a lot of stuff for you. In this case, you will make sure that nothing can slow you down and that everything that you may need will be there with you.
This is why you need to browse through numerous cases and backpacks. Don’t worry about finding one because the market is flooded with them. What are you looking for? You need something that’s not way too big and is easy to carry, but still large enough to contain everything you need.
Look at this as a one-time investment, as you will use it for years. Pay attention to the material and number of external compartments!
Pack the Right Clothes
To pack right, you have to answer one simple question – “Where am I heading?” All you have to do is research your destination in terms of climate and the terrain. If you are headed for a city adventure, for instance, you will have to pack a completely different set of clothes than the ones you’d bring for a hiking holiday.
The story about the clothes doesn’t end here. If you want to participate in the adventure as much as you can, you have to bring spare clothes on your trip. This includes a lot of underwear and socks. Choosing the right kind of clothes is vital.
Don’t let the ladies spot you in the same t-shirt three days in a row. While we may not pay attention to details, they do.
Don’t Forget About Your Hygiene
Hygiene is the next aspect of your travel arrangements that we need to address. You should plan as if there are no hygiene products awaiting you at your destination. Here is a list of must-have items:
- Toothpaste and toothbrush – maintaining good oral hygiene is very important, even when on an adventure. There are many toothpaste/toothbrush variations for adventurous travelers. Look for ones that are small and easy to carry.
- Hair/beard shampoo – washing your hair once in a while is not such a bad idea, especially during summer. If you have a beard, don’t wash it with soap or hair shampoo, you can damage it to the point of having to shave it off. HiLee beard shampoo is a great option for travelers looking for a summer adventure.
- Shaving gear – if you want to keep things tidy even when you are traveling, don’t forget to bring shaving gear with you, you’ll thank me later.
Stress Relief Stuff
Adventures can be overwhelming. You should definitely consider this when you are packing. Since different people prefer different stress relief methods, we have added several unique items to our stress relief list:
- Flask – contrary to the popular belief there are many more types of drinking flasks apart from the traditional one. If you don’t particularly enjoy the high liqueur prices, why not bring your own in a flask. Your fellow adventurers will definitely be surprised when you take one of these babies out to lift your spirits.
- Phone – if playing mobile games helps you calm down and relieve the accumulated stress, then you should pack your phone full of fun games and apps. Since you’ll be on an adventure make sure to bring an extra charger, or you’ll end up with a useless brick in your pocket.
- Headphones – if you can’t imagine an adventure, even a summer one, without your favorite tracks, headphones are a must-have. If we may suggest, a wireless model is the best option here.
You never know where your adventure may take you. As a precaution, make sure that you have all your travel documents with you on your trip. Is there a cheat list? Of course there is:
- Travel insurance and driver’s license
- Payment cards
- Transportation tickets
- Lodging or hotel reservation confirmations
- Destination map
Here is a perfect guide to help you learn how to back up your travel documents and carry them on your trip.
There you have it. You are now ready to hit the road and have the time of your life without worrying about leaving something important back at home.