Google ranking factors are known to be at a of count around 200, so if you want to improve search engine ranking, these factors are essential.
I am NOT going to list all the 200 factors here, which almost nobody knows, most of the Google ranking factors are speculation of hundreds and thousands of optimizers, analysts and influencers.
From all that I can gather, I have formulated this list that comprises of very important and not very important factors.
Very Important Factors
1. Keyword in Title Tag: See on-page SEO
2. Keyword in other meta tags – Description, H1
3. LSI keywords – to distinguish meaning of a word that has more than one meaning . Like an Apple (fruit) and Apple (Company) .
4. Page loading speed – the faster the better
6. Content Updates – is your content up to date?
7. Keyword usage in start – In 100 words your keyword should be
8. Outbound link in numbers – don’t provide dofollow links in large numbers, as it may leak the pagerank.
9. URL should have the Keyword
10. Layout and Design (Also see – Best Blog Sites )
11. TrustRank and Domain Trust
12. Structured Sites Perform Well
13. Uptime – server should be good
14. Domain Authority of backlink’s page
Not Very Important Google Ranking Factors
But still these factors are considered.
1. Domain Age
2. Keyword in top level domain – If your domain name has keyword, it good.
3. Domain length
4. Keyword in subdomain
5. Exact match domain – these can be risky, as these are made for keywords only and less user value.
6. Public WhoIs is good over Private
7. Keyword Density
8. Keywords in H2, H3
9. Quality of Outbound link
10. Spelling plus Grammar (Also see – proofreading services)
11. Internal Links
12. Broken links should be minimum
13. Reading Level – this should be appropriate and can make a difference.
14. Affiliate Links – Lesser affiliate link are good to go.
15. HTML / CSS Code Validation
16. Server Location
18. Breadcrumb navigation.
19. Mobile Friendly
20. Usability of Site
21. Google Tools like Analytics and Webmaster tool can bring notice to Google about your site’s behavior and backlinks.
22. Alt text and Anchor text
All of these above Google ranking factors are formulated according my knowledge and experience, so don’t think these are ultimate. Do perform experiments as it’s all about taking risks.
What are your thoughts on these ranking factors? Have your say below in comment section.