Almonds have been valued for their health and healing properties. Categorized as dry fruits they are rich in proteins, vitamin E, omega-3 fatty acids, omega-6 fatty acids, omega-9 fatty acids, monounsaturated fatty acids, potassium, zinc, vitamin and other vitamins and minerals. Almond oil is extracted by pressing the almond nuts and is recommended to use as a hair oil to improve the strength and shine of hair.
Almond oil is aromatic and light. It has a sweet smell and is not at all sticky. But these are not the only reason we recommend you almond oil for hair but because of the benefits mentioned below.
Benefits Of Almond Oil For Hair
- Promotes Hair Growth– Almond oil is rich in nutrients. It nourishes the scalp. It is a natural emollient. Although research has shown no direct relation between almond oil and hair growth, almond oil scalp massage makes hair roots healthy and strong. A healthy scalp means healthy hair. Almond oil restores the scalp health and ensures the hair growth. It also has the potential to stimulate the re-growth of dormant hair follicles.
- Leave-in Conditioner- Instead of using anti-frizz serum sold in the market that contains chemicals, use almond oil. It is rich in vitamins. Just apply a few drops of it as a leave-in conditioner and continue rest of the day as usual.
- Anti-inflammatory– Dust, pollution and lack of hair care leads to scalp irritation and infection. Almond oil is anti-inflammatory, and it soothes the symptoms.
- Nourishes Scalp– Almond oil being rich in vitamin E is a potent antioxidant. It fights free radical damage and maintains the health of hair. Almond oil head massage improves the blood circulation and ensures that follicles are nourished to produce healthy hair.
- Bye-bye Split Ends– Too much hair styling and poor nutrition are to blame for split ends. Almond oil is rich in vitamins and minerals. Regular application of almond oil for a few months will prevent split ends. You may not see the immediate results but have patience and be consistent with its use.
- Strengthens the Hair– Mangenisum is great to enhance the hair, and almond oil is rich in magnesium.
- Repairs The Damage- Hair styling tools such as straightening iron, curling rod or blow dryers damage hair. Also, chemical loaded hair products damage your hair. Application of almond oil minimizes the hair breakage and damage.
- Softens Hair– Almond oil is emollient. It fills the hair gaps at the cellular level, makes your hair smooth and provides with a smooth texture. To get rid of hair tangle and make it easier for you to comb or style your hair incorporate almond oil in your daily hair care routine.
- Prevents Dry Scalp– Being a great moisturizer almond oil hydrates the scalp. It has high penetration and locks the moisture, thus prevents dry scalp.
- Prevents Dandruff And Treat Scalp Condition– Almond oil treats scalp psoriasis and flaky scalp. It is potent antimicrobial, maintains the scalp pH and thus prevents dandruff. Dandruff accumulates around the hair shaft and does not let the oxygen reach the hair roots. Almond oil softens and loosens dandruff and makes it easy to clean out dandruff when you shampoo your hair after oiling.
- Controls The Oil Production– In people with oily scalp hair fall is more common. This is because of overzealous sebaceous glands. But, almond oil calms and controls the production of oil.
*Almond oil is ideal for both dry and oily scalp.
*Almond oil is safe to use on hair. But if you are allergic to almond oil better avoid it.
How To Use Almond Oil For hair
The simplest way to use almond oil is overnight oiling. For this damp your hair. Make sure hair is not dripping. Almond oil absorbs well if your hair is wet. Comb your damp hair to get rid of tangles and then massage your scalp with almond oil. Apply oil to hair from root to tip. Comb your hair once again with a wide-toothed comb so that oil is evenly distributed on the scalp. Leave the oil overnight and in the morning shampoo as usual.
*Application of almond oil on your hair before heat styling is not recommended as the oil will heat up and could burn your hair shaft and scalp.
Head massage with almond oil 2-3 times in a week can do wonders. Many brands offer almond oil for hair but for best results we strongly recommend you to use cold-pressed almond oil without any adulteration.