Windows Media Player not working issue in Windows 10
Windows Media Player not working problem in Windows 10 has been popular problems of the Windows Media Player listed by many Windows 10 users.
However, excellent knowledge is that there are several fixes to resolve this problem. Let’s discuss how.
Windows Media Player not working Fix 1: Using Troubleshooter
- Step 1: Tap on the Start button > search box > type Control Panel > tap on the result.
- Step 2: Control Panel > View by Large icons > tap on Troubleshooting.
- Step 3: Troubleshooting window> on the left side of the panel tap on View all.
- Step 4: Next > scroll down > tap on the Windows Media Player Library.
- Step 5: Then window > tap Next.
- Step 6: Wait till it notices and locates any issues with the Windows Media Player.
- Step 7: If any issue detected > two options > Apply this solution and Skip this fix > tap on Apply this fix.
- Step 8: Troubleshoots the error > shows the error found.
This should resolve your issue. However, if the issue persists, try Method 2.
Windows Media Player not working Fix 2: Using Features
- Step 1: Follow step 1 from Method 1.
- Step 2: Control Panel > choose View by Category > tap on Programs.
- Step 3: Next window > Programs and Features > tap on Turn Windows features on or off.
- Step 4: Then, scroll down > tap on the (+) symbol next to Media Features to expand > untick Windows Media Player > Yes.
- Step 5: Restart the computer > repeat Step 1 to Step 3 as above. Turn Windows features on or off window > Media Features > tap Windows Media Player > tap Yes to confirm.
- Your Windows Media Player should play videos now, if the issue persists, follow Method 3.
Windows Media Player not working Fix 3: Using Services
- Step 1: Desktop > tap Start button > search box > type Services > tap on the result.
- Step 2: Services window > right side of the pane > under Name > scroll down > double – tap on Windows Media Player Network Sharing Services.
- Step 3: Next window > General tab > Startup type > Disabled > Apply > OK.
- Step 4: Tap on Stop to stop the service.
- This should resolve the Windows Media Player problem and it should play videos normally now. In case, it still does not work, move onto the 4th method.
Windows Media Player not working Fix 4: Using Codec Pack
- Step 1: Open Google.com > search for media player codec pack > tap on the 1st outcome.
- Step 2: On the web page > tap on Download > wait for the download to finish.
- Step 3: Double-tap on the Setup file to install the media player codec pack.
- Now, just follow the instructions to set up the media codec player pack.
Restart the computer and Windows Media Player should be working fine.