Abdominoplasty or commonly named tummy tuck is a body shaping operation that is based on removing of the excess skin, fat folds, and stitching away muscles in the abdomen. According to the worldatlas.com reports, 10,000,000 plastic surgeries are carried out over the globe annually. Among the most popular interventions are breast augmentation, liposuction, and abdominoplasty.
Because of the high prices for plastic operations in some countries, people travel to other states, where they can get the desired result within their budget. The most significant number of abdominoplasties are performed in the USA, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, and Italy. Tummy tuck in Mexico is one of the leading in the world. Mexico is the third world country regarding the number of plastic surgeries. One million operations are conducted here, and this number continues to overgrow.
7 reasons to undergo abdominoplasty in Mexico
- Short distance to the United States and Canada makes Mexico attractive to citizens of these countries who are looking for the option nearby. Travel costs are low, and patients can quickly move between countries.
- The World Health Organization estimates that Mexican hospitals are similar in terms of service and infrastructure to hospitals in the United States. Patients are offered tours that include accommodation and post-operative care away from urban areas near the beaches.
- The cost of medical care in Mexico is 50-75% lower than the average in the United States.
- There is no language barrier. Many doctors speak fluent English.
- A growing number of companies that provide insurance for medical tourists to cut down cost and make it significantly lower.
- Waiting time for the procedure in Mexico is not a problem. There are not long queues here.
- The mild climate makes rehabilitation more enjoyable and reduces the recovery period.
Average tummy tuck cost in Mexico
The average cost of abdominoplasty in Mexico is $3,200. It is approximately 2-3 times lower than in American or Canadian medical facilities due to the price policy and local citizens’ income within the country. Because of this reason, in-country stay and snacks in Mexico are also cheaper. So you can save up to 75% of your money.
However, the price of a tummy tuck varies in different Mexican clinics and may change depending on:
- Doctors’ experience. High qualification of a surgeon increases chances for achieving the more significant result and avoiding undesirable complications. So read patient reviews and check CVs before choosing a doctor.
- Abdominoplasty difficulty. A tummy tuck may be conducted on the bigger or less area of your abdomen that also change the cost of the procedure. The less area is operated, the lower the price is.
- Additional expenses. You pay for the in-country stay, meals, taxis, tours out of your packet. However, some clinics include your accommodation, snacks, and transfer from/to an airport in the tummy tuck price that helps to cut down your expenses even more.