Relieving Letter Format You Should Know About!
A relieving letter is a text that an agency provides after the conclusion of your work. It is also referred to as a letter of knowledge. It is an important document that is needed to continue with other organizations in case of formalities in the context. The format of the relieving letter is necessary as it contains the date of joining, CTC details, details of the last working day, and additional relevant information that will help a candidate get a letter of offer from the next organization.
Some companies provide you with a format of relieving letters on their own, whereas some organizations still exist that are waiting for your request.
Your letter of relief may also contain a short description of the soft skills or management skills you define. Whether to include such information or not, it depends entirely on the person responsible for issuing you the letter of relief. Most companies today do not go forward with the applicant profile after being chosen through the interview process if the employee does not receive a letter of relief.
What Is A Relieving Letter?
It is a formal letter which the employee receives when leaving an organization. It is the official way to inform the employee that his / her termination has been approved and that he/she is released of his / her responsibilities and duties that he/she was entitled to under the employment contract that he/she signed. This letter must be forwarded to future employers.
It is important because an employee is asked to submit a letter of relief from the previous organization while joining a new company. It serves as a written proof that the person quit the former business without any complications.
When & How To Use The Relieving Letter?
The supervisor signs and provides a relieving letter on the last working day or after the receipt of a submission for the issuance of the same by an employee.
This document should be printed on the company’s letterhead, where the employee worked. The approved official, i.e., the company’s HR manager, will sign it.
Why Is A Relieving Letter So Important?
Kudos for cracking on a new job interview. It’s time to move on to your next job, or the dream job you would have hoped. It would be best if you were excited about the turn of things happening and anxious about completing the exit policy formalities with your previous company at the same time.
As you proceed with and make arrangements for your new job offer, make sure you collect your letter of relief before you join the next company.
Furthermore, a significant recruitment firm advises that exit interviews should never be taken lightly and how a letter of relief is a crucial piece of a document.
A relieving letter is that official document or communication that fully assures the new employer that you are no longer connected to the previous employer.
- Recruitment agency studies show that 92 percent of employees and management across different domains take exit policies to heart. It means that they will issue letters of relief with due diligence for the benefit of the candidate.
- Your letter of relief may also contain a brief description of your soft skills or leadership abilities. It depends entirely on whether the individual providing the letter of relief should include this information.
- Many top companies do not carry out the job of an applicant after having selected through the interview process if the nominee does not have a letter of relief.
- Research findings also indicate that during training, more than 90% of companies prioritize a letter of relief.
- The importance of a relieving letter is not realized by several candidates, particularly fresh graduates and junior professionals. A letter of relief serves as a foundation for stepping into your next work with no issues.
- Your letter of relief from the previous employer shows that all the dues have been cleared, and no work is pending there.
- A letter of relief lets your new employer fully trust you and get the job started. Those companies let go off their employees on confidential information.
- The relieving letter helps organizations ensure that the employee who is going to resign is completely relieved of his duties and does not carry any of the data or internal property of the company.
- A letter of relief shows the professionalism that the firm and the candidate exhibit. For the new employer to understand the professional background of his recruit, the format of the relieving letter and its issue is crucial.
In Case Your Organization Does Not Provide A Relieving Letter, What You Must Do?
- Drop an email containing a polite mention of your concerns. Mention your tenure, and specify your reporting manager, if required.
- In case the issue does not settle, mark the mail to the HR department and higher authorities.
- Make sure you have followed all the corporate formalities. If not, ask for any formalities pending that may block that process.
- Save payslips and screenshots of your job profile should you not receive the letter. Seek also to inform your next boss of the bank statement and other facts you can provide.
- Visit the company, and personally talk to HR.
- Send emails with the alert within a week and keep the contact running.
- If the employer refuses to give it in hard copy, try asking for it on emails as both works as long as you have the information therein.
- If there is a provision that either side will apologize for not fulfilling the notification (this option will probably be there in the letter of appointment), review the appointment file.
- Check if you specifically requested an early release and if in your resignation letter, you clearly stated your last day of working with the company. If not, you can issue a supplementary resignation letter citing the previous letter of resignation dated / email dated and mention your last day of work
- Make a note with the list of company docs, emails, resources, etc. to be delivered and handed over to someone in charge (maybe your manager) and keep a signed copy with you.
- Express your commitment to the company, and state the justification explicitly. To maintain your language and be consistent. Take some time in advance to collect these valuable documents, and give your employer a decent timeline.
- Please check the notice period and the time and time/duration of the notice in your Offer / Appointment letter unless you are serving full notice. You are not eligible to receive letters relieving.
- You want to reach some new employer early, and please check with the last/current employer if the note can be purchased / Out alternative is necessary for some businesses. Both sides pay it, and this is specified in the letter of approval. If not, address this issue to the New Employer that they will not be released unless you receive full this and require further time.
- If you have fulfilled the termination process and are required to join a new employer instantly and are still not released from the current employer, you may address this issue to the new employer and give them a summary of the approval of resignations.
- You have finished the notice and still do not receive a letter of relief from the current employer after demanding one, you will sue the company if you have a letter of offer/appointment with you and evidence of the warning time covered.
Is a Relieving Letter Different From An Experience Letter?
- The relieving letter is shown by the employee in his or her next company as it is an essential document. Your letter of release from the previous employer indicates that you have completed all the duties and have no outstanding jobs there. It also allows companies to ensure that the person who is going to resign is entirely free of their duties and does not possess the data or internal properties of any company.
- There is a link between the letter relieving and the letter of experience. A letter of relief is a document that is issued to the employee once it resigns from the organization. It also serves as confirmation and further supports the person in his or her profession.
- An employer can refuse letter relieving as they have the right to deny the issuance of a certificate of relief and experience. There are abrupt situations where an employer refuses to accept the employee’s dismissal; it could not be meeting the notice period or some other problem where the employer may delay the employee for the precise reason.
- A letter of experience serves as evidence of the job of a person with any prior entity. It also gives credibility to their roles as well as roles within that organization. Every other organization has its own rules and regulations, others tend to list the salaries in the letter of expertise, and others demand that they add the current slip of salary with it.
Formats You Must Check Out For Relieving Letter
Here are some sample Relieving Letter Templates. You can also search these formats online.
Following is the same relieving letter:
This applies to your letter dated _______________ resigning from the services of the organization and asking us to relieve you by _________. We write to tell you that your resignation has been approved and you shall be relieved of your duties with effect from close of working hours of ________. You are asked to hand over all the properties of the business like files, correspondence.
The relevant provision in your conditions of the contract should be re-emphasized:
You are asked to confirm that during the duration of your jobs with us, you have not made or maintained any duplicate or photocopy of any of the records made available to you.
If any, the payments will be paid by the Department of Accounting according to the HR rules and guidance.
Please sign a copy of this letter as a symbol of your approval and acknowledgment of the above problems.
You’re most sincerely
The questions mentioned in the letter I agree and confirm
Here is another Format For Relieving Letter That You Can Follow
Sub: – Acceptance of resignation
Dear Mr. xx,
We are in receipt of your resignation letter dated 05th August 2016 we would like to inform you that the same has been accepted by the Company w.e.f. 00th Month 2016 and you will be relieved after the closure of office hours.
You are requested to settle your dues, if any, from the Accounts Department and obtain the clearance certificate accordingly.
For CAknowledge PVT LTD.
Some Organisations Also Use The Below Mentioned Format!
Subject: Relieving Order
This is to acknowledge the receipt of your resignation letter dated 24-June-2010
While accepting the same, we thank you very much for the close association you had with us during the tenure from 02-Aug-2008 to 24-June-2010.
You have been relieved from your service with effect from the closing working hours of 24-June-2010
We wish you all the best in your future career.
Format For Relieving Letter That Is Most Commonly Used In 2020
This has reference to your resignation letter dated ___________ . This is to inform you that your resignation has been accepted and you are relieved from the services of Name of the Company on the close of working hours on Date.
You are requested to deposit the company Id and any other company property entrusted to you during your employment with us.
We wish you all success in your future endeavors.
For Company Name.,
I hope it might help you to draft the same at your end…
Hope this article has helped you understand the meaning of a relieving letter and its importance. Also, I hope the attached sample relieving letters will be of use to you.