We all face the challenges of rapid digital growth impacting the accessibility of IT professionals. The answer is an efficient, flexible, and cost-effective solution. For this reason, European companies are turning to nearshore software development and searching for innovative collaboration models, one of which is the Build-Operate-Transfer Model. Read about the technology trends for 2022 and get to know how to scale your team quickly and thereby obtain your digital goals.
Digital trends for 2022
There is no doubt that in 2020 the digital transformation has been accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Companies started to look for solutions that would ensure operability, facilitate remote working or support customer service activities (e.g., banking, call centers, not to mention the development of e-medicine and online shopping).
As they do every year, analyst companies like Gartner and Forrester have released their reports on the top technologies. Guided by them, it is worthwhile for Project Managers, and CEOs to analyze their demand for IT specialists for the coming year:
- Cloud technology – the cloud is becoming a new standard. Serverless solutions help to optimize costs, and cloud-native applications are easier and less expensive to maintain. Cloud specialists and DevOps engineers are professions that are in huge demand in IT projects.
- Cybersecurity – Gartner specifically emphasizes the modular security approach of Cybersecurity Mesh as a response to the increasing use of the Distributed Enterprise model. This is an important challenge in the age of the digital workforce. Engaging cybersecurity experts and DevSecOps specialists will help you to prevent and fend off cyberattacks.
- Robotization – RPA and DPA solutions have been on an upward trajectory for several years now. There is no surprise here, as automation helps companies save costs and unburden their employees. Companies might be interested in hiring RPA developers
- Decision Intelligence – this is another important technology trend, according to Gartner Decision Intelligence is a Data Science discipline that focuses on providing strategic insights based on the analysis of massive amounts of data. One makes wonder how DI is different from BI. In the case of Decision Intelligence, the power of available technologies like AI and ML is combined to facilitate decision-making in an uncertain and complex environment.
Digitalization as a competitive advantage
According to the EIB report Digitalization in Europe 2020-2021, by 2020, 37% of European companies still did not have advanced digital technologies implemented. It is worthwhile addressing this issue as digitalization brings many benefits:
- Continuous growth – technology solutions (e.g., cloud platforms, Business Intelligence systems, RPA) enable development and allow employees to get familiar with new tools.
- Attractive workplace – digital innovation paves the way for a better working environment and translates into higher salaries. The average annual wage in non-digital companies equals EUR 28,130. In the digital companies, it is higher and reaches EUR 37,500.
- Better management – digital solutions facilitate communication and flow of information, allowing for better control.
- Efficiency – we need access to sources and data here and now. Companies willingly take advantage of solutions supporting efficient remote work or those that allow for business processes automation. For example, Robotics Process Automation solutions help to take tedious and repetitive tasks off employees’ shoulders.
Europe goes hybrid
No, it’s not just about hybrid work or hybrid vehicles. In the context of challenges such as the IT talent shortage, we can observe a shift away from traditional nearshoring to a hybrid one, for instance, the BOT: Build Operate Transfer model. Hybrid nearshoring means taking advantage of the benefits of outsourcing and maintaining greater control at the same time.
When you should consider IT nearshoring
IT nearshoring means outsourcing of digital competencies to countries located nearby. You should consider taking advantage of nearshoring services whenever you need to expand or set up your IT team of IT quickly without compromising quality. IT nearshoring companies make sure that their specialists communicate well in business languages and that they are familiar with the latest technologies. Moreover, IT nearshoring will allow you to collaborate in a similar cultural mindset and often within the same time zone. All of this facilitates collaboration and makes IT nearshoring a perfect choice for digital initiatives and all kind of IT projects.
Ready, steady, go!
A company willing to open up to a new market establishes cooperation with a local IT provider. They take responsibility for employing specialists, setting up an office, optimizing processes, and assuring operability. Finally, the company takes over its operational subsidiary having all processes and assets already in place. In this context, BOT is a revolutionary and risk-shifting approach.
Where to go?
European companies are more and more often looking for cost-optimal solutions rather than low-cost ones. In that case, Poland is a reasonable choice. It is one of the most rapidly growing economies in the European Union over the last decade, with huge investment potential for business services development. According to the ABSL Business Services in Poland 2021 report, it already provides jobs for approximately 355,000 professionals. When it comes to software development, Poland is a reasonable choice.
IT talents are in Poland
Many countries are struggling with IT talent shortage. At the same time, some have specialized in providing the best professionals through the IT outsourcing model. Recently, Central and Eastern European countries such as Poland, Ukraine, Romania or Belarus have gained on importance due to their investment potential, high adoption of agile methodologies and the experience of cooperating with many partners from foreign markets. Of these, Poland is particularly noteworthy for ranking high among the best countries for investment in 2020-2021.