Readdle, best known for its PDF and document productivity apps for iOS, also makes a comprehensive Calendars app that combines tasks, to-dos, and reminders — and, today, that app is now available for Mac.
Officially titled Calendars by Readdle, it joins the Ukraine-based company’s collection of Mac apps like PDF Expert and Spark email.
Fans of the Calendars by the Readdle app will be excited to know that the Mac app syncs up with the iPhone / iPad versions and that cross-device use will not cost extra on top of the $19.99 per year Pro subscription plan. In addition, you can use the central calendar part of the app for free.
However, you will miss out on the integration features with apps like Google Tasks and Apple’s Reminders, as well as the weekly planner feature, meeting room bookings, weather, and more. It’s also beneficial for creating and launching Zoom and other video meetings.
Similar apps include Fantastical, which has Mac, iPad, and iPhone apps but costs twice as much as Readdle for about $40 a year. Both apps include natural language parsing that lets you type things like “breakfast with Pavan at noon tomorrow at Hidden Grounds,” which converts to a calendar item.
Fantastical works on older Macs running macOS 10.13.2 High Sierra, though, while Calendars by Readdle requires macOS 11.0 Big Sur or newer. Fantastical also released a more enterprise scheduling feature this year that can help you get an opening with someone else even if they don’t use the app.
You can try out Calendars by Readdle for free on the Mac App Store. The company also offers a seven-day free trial of the Pro version to do everything the app provides, including adding multiple accounts so you can have your iCloud, Google, and Exchange calendars and tasks in one place.
Readdle is a software company that aims to shape the “Future of Work” with its ecosystem of interconnected productivity apps—ranked as the #1 company worldwide that creates the best business and productivity apps on the App Store, according to Scale VP research.
Bootstrapped since day one of the App Store, Readdle is one of the very few companies that build a sustainable business by creating premium-priced productivity apps that make people’s lives better.
Readdle products have won numerous awards: -Spark – Best of the App Store 2015 (Apple) -PDF Expert for Mac – “App of the Year Runner-up 2015” (Apple) -ReaddleDocs – “Best file sharing app” (Gizmodo), Scanner Pro – “Best document scanner” (New York Times)
But most importantly, Readdle products are loved by 85 million users worldwide.
A stellar team of 125 people learned a lot about mobile productivity and how people work; that is why Readdle is now taking on much more significant problems in tech – Future of Work. Thus, Spark – an intelligent email client, was born. It is already “The best email client on iOS,” according to numerous reviews in the press. Stay tuned for more.
Readdle started as a crazy idea. Today, it’s become the most incredible thing they’ve ever done, and they owe it all to the customers. At Readdle, they strive to redefine personal productivity and shape the “future of work” by building amazing apps and services.
The popular apps, like PDF Expert, Scanner Pro, Spark, and Documents, were downloaded over 185 million times worldwide. The apps often define mobile software categories, such as document management, scanning, email, and calendaring. Readdle apps won numerous awards, got top positions on the App Store charts, and, most importantly, are loved by millions.
The team consists of over 200+ awesome people, and we managed to create a sustainable business, never accepting external funding. Currently, they have offices in Ukraine (Odesa, Kyiv), Germany (Berlin)
Products of Readdle
- Documents — media player, file manager, and file downloader. It’s a Finder for iOS. A file system that incorporates local and all online services in one place.
- Spark — intelligent and beautiful email app that shows you what’s essential. Best of 2016 (Mac) and 2015 (iOS) by Apple. App of the Year 2016 by iMore.
- Scanner Pro — a scanner in your pocket. Editor’s Selection by Apple and “Best scanner app” by NYT.
- PDF Expert — fast, strong, and beautiful PDF editor. The Mac version has triumphed as “App of the Year Runner-up.”
- Calendars 5 — clever mobile calendar and a great planner.
- Fluix — a B2B workflow automation and document management Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), simplifying even the most complex business processes without needing IT. Fluix helps digitally convert global midsize companies through collaboration, automation, and performance analysis of their day-to-day field-service operations. The leading companies trust Fluix to optimize productivity and ROI in the structure, energy, structures management, and transportation initiatives, including Siemens, BMW, Roche, Henry Schein, Scandinavian Airlines, and hundreds of others.
We see a massive opportunity in the current ecosystem of iOS apps and beyond. Readdle drives long-term user engagement by furnishing vital productivity services like email, document scanning, calendar, PDF editing, and file management.
The approach is to create new intelligent services on top of our existing interconnected app ecosystem, support new platforms, and deliver outstanding products for clients and businesses.