Cash App has been around for quite a while now and is one of most popular peer-to-peer payment apps that allows users to send and receive funds easily. Irrespective of their seamless assistance, users might want to delete their cash app transaction activities or history in order to protect their privacy.
Meanwhile, if you are looking for information on whether or not you can actually delete your cash app history and how to do so, be rest assured that you’ll be provided with a detailed answer in this article below.
There are several other mobile payment apps that offer exactly the same service as cash apps. Cash App is simply outstanding due to the extensive features and offers it provides to its customers. For those asking how to delete cash app history now, let’s dive into the main answer to your question.
In simple words, cash apps literally do not allow you to delete your transaction history and this is due to this policy that goes in line with protecting the personal information of their users.
Cash app doesn’t have a feature that helps you clear your transactions history, so hiding or deleting your history on the app won’t be possible unless you deactivate your Cash App Account entirely. That’s the only way to permanently delete your history and all your transaction details will no longer be available after doing this.
If you are still willing to delete your cash app history, the only available method to do that is to delete your entire account. Perhaps you are comfortable with completely deleting your account, follow the procedures below to continue.
- The first step is to proceed to your cash app account dashboard and click on the profile icon.
- From there select “Support” which is then followed by the “Something else” option. Tap something else to continue.
- Now, go to your account settings where you will see an option that displays “delete your personal information”.
- Click on “delete your personal information” and proceed by choosing the customer support option.
After completing these procedures, all your account personal information would be deleted and you won’t have access to them anymore.
For future reference purposes, it’s really recommended that you also download your cash app history if you think it might come in handy at the end of the day.
In order to download and save your cash app history as a file, here are the steps you should follow.
- Go to your cash account but this time, you need to access it via a web browser rather than the mobile application.
- Login with your personal details and proceed to choose the settings option.
- You will see an option that prompts you to save your account details. Click on “Download Your Info” to continue.
- Next, click on the activity and select your account statements.
- Tap on the “Export” button in order to save a copy of your Cash App history onto your device
Note that this process will save your information as a CSV or PDF file which you can access on your computer later on
Since you can’t simply delete your transaction history, the only method to do this is to close down your account completely. You should also know that after you have deleted your account, you won’t be able to retrieve it again. So think carefully before you do this.
If you think there is no other way for you to avoid your issues than to delete your account, the required steps to close down your account will be provided below.
- Open the cash app mobile app.
- Proceed by tapping on your profile icon
- Scroll down until you see the “support” option
- Click on the “Something else option”
- Select account settings and click on the “close your cash app account
- Select confirm and input your cash app pin to verify it’s you.
You should know that deleting your cash app account will render your account useless, this implies you won’t be able to send or receive funds and your cash tag won’t function again. Nevertheless if you think your account is not safe , or you think it has been hacked it is best for you to delete the account instantly.
Cash app has tons of security features that will definitely help you to secure your account, so before you delete your account try as much as possible to try using the cash app security features and if you still think it doesn’t work for you, follow the steps above to delete your account.
Unfortunately you can’t. Cash app doesn’t offer its users the opportunity to delete their transaction history. But if the need arises, you can delete your Cash App Account.
Of course you can. However it’s best for you to empty your cash app balance before deleting, as you may not have access to the available funds after deleting your account.
And as long as you’re using a different email and phone number, you can choose to create as many Cash app accounts you want .
No you can’t. Once you have already used a phone number to create a cash app account, you won’t be able to use it to create another.
There are some fake websites out there telling people that they can delete their cash app transaction history anytime they like, you should know that it’s a lie. You can’t clear your transaction history on the cash app. But if you are looking to delete your cash app account, just follow the steps above.