A virus in our computer just acts like a infection in a human, it spreads all over body, infecting and harming in every way it can. But we are lucky, that there is a way to protect our computer by a good and effective antivirus program.
In the starting days of Antivirus softwares, they generally detected viruses in computer. But nowadays, they are totally full protection software which basically acts like a layer over all programs in your computer to protect from various threats like virus, trojan, worm, malware, spyware, rootkit infections etc.
Even I recommend to use only one Antivirus program because more security programs can become cause of slow computer speed. But, there are many free Antivirus programs in the market and it’s difficult to choose the right one from ever growing number of Antivirus programs.
[ad1] [re] [rss]
Coming to the point, in this article, I looked at several free Antivirus programs available which are best till know in protecting your computer from various viruses, threats and malware infections.
So, here’s the SaveDelete’s compilation of top 10 free Antivirus programs available in the market to make your computer virus free without losing any penny.
1) Microsoft Security Essentials : This antivirus is from Microsoft team and totally free for Genuine Windows users. It has a good detection rates and most of all very light on resources. Automatic updates works perfectly fine. To see the whole review and how to install MSE on your computer, please click this link.
2) Avast ! Free Antivirus : Avast is often seen as the biggest competitor to other Antivirus programs as it is very simple and easy to use. Avast is loaded with most features, real-time protection capabilities including web, E-mail, P2P, network shields, boot-time scanning. It is very light on resources and hardly take minutes to schedule scans. But there is one negative point that you have to register first and it takes time to register. Otherwise it is widely preferred Antivirus program for many users.
3) AVG Free Antivirus : AVG has been around in the Antivirus market from ages and gained lot of loyal users to their kitty. They also provide upgraded version which is very costly but I believe that their free Antivirus program is great for users having personal computers. AVG user interface is pretty simple and it takes a minute to install on your computer.
4) Bitdefender : Bitdefender is one of the best contender for top Antivirus software which provides advanced protection against viruses, phishing attacks, spyware, malwaere and various other real-time threats. It takes only minutes to download it and work without slowing down your computer speed. There is also a very nifty feature included in the latest version that it helps to protect leaking your personal information via E-mail, Web or IM.
5) Avira AntiVir Personal : One of the best pick if you are looking for simple to use and light on Antivirus software. It works perfectly fine to detect virus, spyware, rootkit threats. The best part of Avira is that it is quiet outstanding in terms of finding malware. Few false positives about Avira is that it does not inlude E-mail scanner in free version, but if you open any infected E-mail, it comes again into action. And with every update, it shows advertisements but you have choice to disable them. I still believe that Avira is strong Antivirus program and you should try it.
6) Comodo Antivirus + Firewall : This program was started as a commerial Antivirus software but now available free for both personal and commercial use. It is very simple to use, light on resources and doesn’t affect your computer speed. It offers real-time scanning, automatic updates, email scanning, detects worms and spyware. The virus definition is update daily and Host Intrusion Detection allows you to protect from attacking viruses, spyware, and other malware before they infect your computer.
7) A – Squared Free : This program was detecting and removing only trojans in the starting but recently included the Ikarus antivirus engine. It scans your computer from Trojans, Viruses, Spyware, Adware, Worms, Bots, Keyloggers and Dialers. The only negative point about this software is its large virus update size. Its comes with Antivirus + Anti – Spyware.
8 ) Rising Antivirus : Rising Antivirus Free Edition is Antivirus solution from China. It is a simple program which runs low on the memory and do every bit of task that every other Antivirus software does. It protects computers against all types of viruses, Trojans, worms, rootkits and other malicious programs. One feature is good is that it provides full protection to your account information. It mostly updates on alternate days and if you are looking for “install and forget” program, this program is best.
9) PC Tools Antivirus : All-in-one program which can protect your PC from virus, worms, trojans and also included scanning of incoming and outgoing mails. It provides you on-demand scans and automatic updates. The negative points are that free edition offers limited support and updates are non-priority based which are essential for real-time virus protection program.
10) Spyware Doctor with Antivirus 2010 : As the name suggests, its comes with Anti-spyware and Antivirus program which provides full security to your computer. It detects almost every infection like spyware, adware, trojans, viruses, worms, keyloggers, identity theft, phishing, popups and malicious websites. It updates automatically mostly on daily basis.
1 More Bonus Free Antivirus
11) DriveSentry : DriveSentry is free anti virus software for personal computer use only. It comes with Anti- spyware, Antivirus and Anti-Malware program. It provides real time protection and updates regularly.
Hope you like my list of top 10 free antivirus. If you know any free Antivirus which you feel that it would fit in the list, please be kind and share with others in the comments section below.