Its been quite a long time businesses have realized that website is essential for them to reach out their potential customers. Every businessman is taking online presence seriously and try to build website just after finalization of brand identity. And if someone is not doing that, its not doing justice to the business.
You need to have a strong presence on Internet if you really want to be in race because Internet is the next big thing in the future and there’s already a major decline in print media. The major reason behind is large share of the decision maker spends time on Internet and watch various ads and websites to buy something these days.
There are large number of small business owners too making their websites to reach local customers. But, building a website is really pain in the ass for business owners. When you are owning a small business, you have to really think of the budget and can’t go over a certain amount. That’s make them restricted to build a website.
But, don’t worry my friends, there are Content management system or CMS that are totally free and required no programming skills to work with. CMS are so user-friendly even a person who has basic Internet browsing knowledge can update content and information frequently within no time.
There are many times business owners give the work of website building to web developers but what every single change they have to pay everytime to that person. In this scenario, CMS also comes handy – you can change anything or everything you want in the website. Change is also very necessary because obsolete website affects the business and in turn slow downs your revenue generation.
CMS is wonderful way to work with because it requires no HTML/CSS coding knowledge and you can edit, update and format text, images, contact pages on the fly. The main notion that work behind CMS is – it makes your website design into a template with editable content areas. Therefore, you can anytime edit a particular area without touching the code and site’s layout.
If you too want to have all control of your website in your hand, you must look at Contentw Management System to build and modify your website with ease. To make things easy for you, I have gathered up best free CMS options available in the market right now. Some of you already familiar with and other might be new to you but are very powerful CMS solutions.
So, have a look on our compilation of 14 powerful free CMS solutions for small business owners. Don’t forget to share your favorite CMS solution with us in the comments section below.
1. Joomla : Joomla is a free, open-source content management system (CMS) and application framework that powers 2.7% of the entire web. With a vibrant volunteer community, user-friendly features and plenty of power, Joomla is perfect for your site!
2. WordPress : WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. We like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.
The core software is built by hundreds of community volunteers, and when you’re ready for more there are thousands of plugins and themes available to transform your site into almost anything you can imagine. Over 25 million people have chosen WordPress to power the place on the web they call “home”.
4. GetSimple CMS : GetSimple is an XML based lite Content Management System. To go along with it’s best-in-class user interface, its loaded with features that every website needs, but with nothing it doesn’t. GetSimple is truly the simplest way to manage a small-business website.
5. CMS Made Simple : CMS Made Simple, an open source content management system, allows for faster and easier management of website content. This CMS is scalable for small businesses to large corporations.
8. giFusion : A dynamic system based on flexible and granular permissions, with spam protection, forums, file management, media gallery, calendars, polls, site-wide search, RSS feeds, and more!
9. CushyCMS : CushyCMS is a fast, simple and free content management system that aims to make life easier for web designers by simplifying content management.
10. TextPattern : THE MANY REASONS TO USE TEXTPATTERN - With a browser-based interface in over 40 languages, excellent support and full range of features, it’s no wonder that publishers, designers and developers everywhere choose Textpattern.
11. Etomite : Etomite is a Content Management System, which allows you to remotely administer your website from anywhere that you have an Internet Connection and a compatible Web-Browser.
In the context of a Web site a CMS is a collection of tools designed to allow the creation, modification organisation and removal of information from a Web site. It is common for a CMS to require users to have no knowledge of HTML in order to create new Web pages.
12. Contao : Previously known as TYPOLight changed its name and everything remains the same.
Contao is an open source content management system (CMS) for people who want a professional internet presence that is easy to maintain. The state-of-the-art structure of the system offers a high security standard and allows you to develop search engine friendly websites that are also accessible for people with disabilities. Furthermore, the system can be expanded flexibly and inexpensively.
14. concrete 5 : CMS made for Marketing but built for Geeks. concrete5 is a content management system that is free and open source.Ads by Google