Google has added a new feature that now can calculate distances by right clicking your starting point and then clicking ‘Measure Distance’. Here are the instructions from Google Support page.
Measure and calculate distance
To see the distance between points in the new Google Maps, use the right-click menu.
- Open the new Google Maps.
- Right-click on your starting point.
- Click Measure distance.
- Click anywhere on the map to create a path you want to measure. Click to add additional measuring points.
- [Optional] Drag a point to move it, or click a point to remove it.
- Look on the map and under the search box for the total distance.
When done, click the “X” in the card under the search box or right-click on the map and select Clear measurement. Via