Bobby Deol is a dashing actor and a model with a career spanning more than two decades in the Hindi film industry. His real name is Vijay Singh Deol, and he is the youngest son of the legendary actor, Dharmendra. He made his acting debut from the Bollywood movie ‘Barsat’ in 1995 and received the Filmfare best debut award. Since then, he has featured in several commercial Hindi language movies and has always been a chocolate boy for the audience. He is best known for his movies: Barsat, Soldier, Gupt, Humraaz, Bichhoo, Tango Charlie and Yamla Pagla Deewana.
Along with working in the Bollywood, Bobby Deol also manages his banquets and restaurants.
|Name||Ajay Singh Deol|
|Date of Birth||27-Jan-79|
|Birth place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|College||Mithibai College, Mumbai, India|
|Height (in Feet)||5 feet 11 inches|
|ye Color||Dark Brown|
|Step Mother||Hema Malini|
|Half sisters||Esha Deol, Abhana Deol|
|Net Worth||Approx. $20 Million|
Early life and Family – Bobby Deol was born on 27 January 1967 in Mumbai. He is the second son of Dharmendra and Prakash Kaur. He has an elder brother Sunny Deol who is a well-known Bollywood actor. His two sisters Vijavta and Ajeeta, lives in California. Hema Malini is the stepmother of Bobby Deol and Sunny Deol. Esha Deol and Ahana Deol are his half-sisters.
Education and Qualifications – Bobby Deol did his schooling at Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai and Mayo College, Ajmer, Rajasthan. He is a Commerce graduate and completed his graduation from Mithibai College Mumbai Maharashtra.
After completing college, Bobby Deol worked as DJ, but he quit and entered the Bollywood industry due to some bad experiences.
Marriage and affairs: Bobby Deol married Tanya, the famous banker and financer ‘Dev Ahuja’ on 30th May 1996. In June 2002, the couple welcomed their first son and named him Aryaman. In November 2004, the couple welcomed their second son and named him Dharam after is grandfather Dharmendra.
In the past, Bobby Deol had an affair with Bollywood actress Neelam Kothari. Their relationship lasted for five years, but later both broke up because Dharmendra was against their relationship. After Neelam Kothari, Bobby Deol dated Pooja Bhatt. However, they both broke up. After he breaks up with Pooja Bhatt, Bobby Deol decided not to date any Bollywood actress.
Bobby Deol was born in a family with a background in the Bollywood movie industry. It was apparent that Bobby Deol will also pursue the footsteps of his father and brother. As a child actor, he made he appeared in the movie ‘Dharam Veer’ in 1977. Bobby Deol made his debut as a lead actor with the film ‘Barsaat’ in 1995 alongside Twinkle Khanna and received suitable acclamation for his acting. He earned the ‘Best Debut Filmfare Award’ for the movie Barsat.
Bobby Deol second movie, ‘Gupt’ opposite Kajol and Manisha Koirala, was a big hit. Bobby Deol next megahit was the film ‘Soldier’ opposite Preity Zinta.
Hit movies of Bobby Deol in 2000 include Bichhoo, Badal, Humraaz and Ajnabi. All these movies were thrillers, and he received mixed reviews. He also earned a nomination for Filmfare Award for The Best Actor for the film Humraaz. In 2006 Bobby starred in the movie ‘Humko Tumse Pyaar Hai’ and received good reviews from critics. In 2007 he appeared in six movies, including ‘Jhoom Barabar Jhoom’ and Apne. Bobby Deol’s highest-profile film is ‘Ab Tumhare Hawale Vatan Sathiyon’ was a commercial failure. After a series of flop films, he gave a hit Yamla Pagla Deewana in 2011. After Yamla Pagla Deewana 2, Bobby Deol took hiatus from Bollywood and returned in 2017 with ‘Poster Boys’.
Apart from movies, Bobby Deol also did the web series ‘Aashram’ in 2020, for which he received the Dada Saheb Phalke Award in the Best Actor (web series) category.
Less Known Facts About Bobby Deol
- Does Bobby Deol smoke and drink alcohol – Yes
- While shooting for the movie ‘Barsaat’, Bobby Deol met an accident and broke his leg. For the treatment and recovery, he flew to London that affected the promotional shoots.
- He didn’t like the special effects added to the movie ‘Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya’ climax scene and showed his displeasure after the release.
- Bobby Deol was the first choice for the lead role in the movie ‘Jab We Met’ and ‘Highway’. However, Bobby rejected both the offers due to some reason.
- Bobby was not the first choice for the movie ‘Jhoom Barabar Jhoom’ but got the role at the end.
- Bobby Deol and Sunny Deol share is a great bond. Bobby Deol considers his Big Brother Sunny Deol, his best friend and right hand.
- According to the sources, Bobby Deol and Sunny Deol did not attend the stepsister Esha Deol’s marriage.
- Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol worked together in the movie ‘Dillagi’. Sunny got the idea of the film when he caught Bobby coming home drunk on a random night.
- Bobby has a great variety of wardrobe. He has around 200 sunglasses, 150 perfume, hundred, 1500 shirts and 250 trousers.
- Many viewers criticized Bobby for his cameo appearance in the movie ‘Dostana’.
- After the movie ‘Yamla Pagla Deewana 2’ Bobby Deol took a 4-year break from Bollywood.
- He made his come back from the movie poster boy. While shooting of poster boy, he got his hand injured.
- Bobby Deol is a big cricket freak and is an active member of the Celebrity Cricket League.
Bobby Deol has been vocal about taking things at his pace despite the lows and highs in his career. He is quite satisfied with his work. Some people may consider this a laid-back attitude. However, it certainly does not mean that the actor lacks talent. Bobby Deol is one of the finest actors in Bollywood.