8 Best and Cheap Ways to Travel Europe 2019
Planning a trip to Europe is tempting because it is one of the most diverse continents in the world. You will find a lot many things to do in Europe, and as the distance between the countries is small, you can easily travel from one to another.
Travelling to Europe is an adventure; it is inspiring and fun. The cities in Europe are old, and there are buildings dated 2000 years back. You can take lots of pictures in museums and buildings that you visit. In addition, European culture has so much to offer. Wherever you go in Europe, you are going to experience history like no other place.
Travelling European can cost you huge if you are not cautious about your spending. Air tickets, ferries tickets, train tickets and overnight accommodation can eat up your budget. However, if planned properly you can travel the continent in minimum budget. There are so many affordable ways to travel to Europe, let’s have a look at them:
- Travelling via Megabus – Megabus is popular in the United Kingdom, Paris, Amsterdam and Brussels. Tickets are as cheap as 1GBP if you can book in advance. However, if you are not lucky enough to get cheap deals, you can still travel at a more reasonable price than the national bus. Furthermore, Megabus also runs trains to some places around the UK at the cost of 10 GBP. It is one of the cheapest ways to travel in Europe.
- Travelling via Busabout – Busabout is similar to Kiwi or Oz services in New Zealand and Australia. You get to meet with other travellers and can get on and off whenever you like. They have several networks, and you can buy tickets and travel in them. They have a specific number of stops, and you can buy a pass if you want to see different places in Europe. The pass guides you in Europe and also includes trips to different destinations.
- Travelling via FlixBus – German-based FlixBus runs in 20 European countries and thousands of cities. Their prices are as low as 5 Euros. The bus is unique in its sense because it offers free Wi-Fi, three free bags, comfy seats and electrical outlets. FlexiBus is the best way to get around the European continent without having to spend a lot.
You can also take Eurolines, which is a combination of national bus service and a company Eurolines. It serves more destinations in comparison to FlixBus, but the cost is little on the higher side than FlixBus. Take the slower and cheaper routes such as using coach hire in London to explore more of the UK.
- Travelling via Budget Airlines – There are airlines specific to the continent. Due to the high competition, these are the cheap flights that you can imagine. Some of the budget-friendly airlines are:
- Aigle Azur
- Wizz Air
- Norwegian Air
One thing to note is that these budget airlines are very strict with the baggage limits. So if you are travelling with a lot of baggage, consider travelling in larger airlines.
- Travelling via Eurail Pass– If you love travelling by train- sitting in a huge seat with enormous leg space and watching the passing landscape, then Eurail is your thing. It is comfortable than a bus and is less stressful than aeroplanes. European rail is one of the most extensive rail networks in the world.
European railways are hard to beat when it comes to the comfort of travelling from city to city. For long journeys, trains are usually expensive. For short distance, travelling getting a rail pass is the best way to save money and inconvenience.
- Travelling via BlaBlaCar – To save money while travelling in Europe, you can also hop in with the locals. BlaBlaCar allows the tourists to share the ride with the locals who have extra space in their car. The rides thus are very cheap, and you also get to talk to the locals.
- Hitchhiking – The cheapest way to travel to Europe is by hitchhiking. It is very common in Europe, but as a tourist, you should always follow your instincts to avoid mishaps. If you find yourself in a bad situation, bail as quickly as you can.
- Mix and Match – Now that you know that there are many transportation options in Europe; you can mix and match your options to get the cheapest travelling option. You should analyse and find out which method is most suited to your needs and which is more valuable. If you have sufficient time for travelling, take the slower as well as cheaper routes. If you have limited time and more money, you can fly to different destinations and complete your Europe tour. There are few websites like Rome2rio and Go Euro, which can help you in mixing and matching the various travelling options to get around the continent safely and affordably.
Image credit: Travel Europe via Sven Hansche/Shutterstock