In the present times, there is growing usage of digital cameras along with smartphones as well as other gadgets and everyone seems to become a photographer. Photography has become an essential part of our life, and we like to click photos of our favourite landmarks and the sites which are worth visiting and also share them with our friends or on social media. So, if you have got a great photograph, then the next big question is how to protect your intellectual property from getting stolen by others without you getting any credit. But how can we ensure that one can’t steal from us? In such case, you can copyright your photographs by means of watermarking them. You can simply add your own name or any other information that you wish to add. In case you are into a business, then you can easily add your contact details too. When it comes to one of the best watermarking application, Visual Watermark is among them which aims to protect your rights on the digital images that you have produced.
Visual Watermark is a great software which allows you to watermark your digital images without any hassles. This software was initially launched for Mac OS, but now it is also available for Windows too. The best point which goes in its favour is that it is also supported on Windows XP too. When it comes to functionalities, this software has a lot to offer. You can easily get over 100 images watermarked within one minute. This itself speaks a lot about the performance of this software. The batch watermarking ability of this software is one of the most salient advantages which is in sharp contrast to its competing products such as Adobe Photoshop.
Now, let’s talk about its interface and performance. When it comes to installation of this software, it is quite simple as well as easy to follow. You merely have to download the setup file and then install it just the way you install any regular software. There are no unnecessary steps as well as menu items. There is no complicated menu structure which is involved even with the regular working of this tool. Its option to add watermarks are very resourceful. The different watermarks are completely customizable. You can also define the text as well as its format according to your preferences.
This software allows you to add your own business logo as a watermark to your images. However, you should remember that the logo which you are using as the watermark, requires to be permitted in order to to be used. This software allows you to customize the size, position, colour as well as transparency of the watermark which you have chosen. It provides an easy way to copyright all of your images. Its performance is quite excellent along with an easy to follow interface.
- This software is among the fastest solution to watermark your images. You can easily watermark over 100 images in merely 1 minute, given that your computer provides the support for this speed. The developers of Visual Watermark claim that it would allow you to watermark over 50,000 images without any issues.
- Batch Watermarking is one of the best feature of this software which sets it apart from other products of its domain. Batch uploading is essentially a natural process and makes your task quite simpler. All you need to do is drag and drop any number of digital images to the drop area and simply choose the watermark template that you wish to use on these files and you are all set to go.
- Another salient feature of this software is its Highly Customizable templates which makes the watermarking task quite easy. You can add any combination of both text and logos. You can also use the watermarks in any way or use them for stronger protection. This tool has over 66 effects, 260 fonts and 100 transparencies for you to choose from.
- This software also comes with a wider range of watermark templates. There are 12 distinct watermark templates which are available for you to choose. Once you have selected the basic style of the watermark, then you can easily customize the template using various fonts and effects. The entire process of watermarking takes less than a minute. It is quite user-friendly in comparison to its competing products which are quite complicated when it comes to watermarking and protecting the image files.
- It also supports an extensive range of formats of digital images. This tool can work on different files in various formats such as PEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF and BMP formats. It also preserves the EXIF data on the JPG files without changing the quality.
- Added copyright data to the image files is among the most significant advantage of this software. It allows you to add the contact as well as other details to your images. The different copyright details are essentially embedded inside the watermarked images, and it can easily be viewed by the users by simply accessing the details of the image file.
Visual Watermark is essentially a paid service, and there is no free service which is available. However, you do have the option to try the software before you decide to buy it. Its trial plan comes with limited functionalities, and it only adds the new watermark with the distinction that the watermarking is done with the trial version.
This tool comes with three plans. All the fees which are mentioned here are one time. There are no hidden cost or periodical subscriptions which are involved with these plans. You have to simply visit the website in order to buy this software.
The three plans are as follows:-
- Basic Plan- It is priced at $19.95, and it can only be used on a single computer. It can only be used for personal use, and it does come with few restrictions on the speed of performance as well as the font.
- Plus Plan- It is priced at $29.95. It can easily be used for both personal as well as commercial purpose. The plan is essentially meant for two computers and also offers faster speed.
- Premium Plan- It is priced at $39.95. This plan allows you to utilize the software on up to 10 computers at any time. It can be utilized for both personal as well as commercial purposes.
All of the above-mentioned plans come with a 30-day money back guarantee. The payment modes which are supported are MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, PayPal, JCB, Amazon Payments and Bank Wire Transfer.
This software comes with its own sets of both advantages as well as disadvantages which are mentioned below.
- It has batch processing of the digital images which is the best feature of this tool. It allows you to process almost all files in one step.
- Its user interface is quite easy to understand and simple which makes it quite convenient to use.
- It comes with a high degree of customization.
- It has a faster speed of performance.
- This tool is currently not available for iOS.
- The folder view of this software is quite rigid.
- Owing to its simplicity, it is not suitable for experts and professionals.\
- There are scaling issues in some cases.
In case you are looking for a web-browser based watermarking app, then the maker of Visual Watermark has come with its own unique app, Watermarkly. You don’t have to download or install anything in order to watermark your images. It is all based on the browser, and you can simply type in the website address, and you are ready to start watermarking. In order to start using this app, look for red button names “Run Watermarkly”. It will take you to a screen where you can import or upload your images. You can also choose to upload from your computer at this particular point or even import the files from Google Drive or Dropbox.
At present, there are many watermarking software that are available on the market, but all of them are not commendable. Visual Watermark is essentially one of the best options available especially when it comes to usefulness as well as simplicity. It provides the ability to use it for multiple files at the same time which makes it the best. The features like batch watermarking as well as highly customizable templates also make this software worth trying. So, try this software in case you are looking for a software for watermarking your images and do share your experience.