When you travel around the world, it is indeed an experience of a lifetime. An experience that any holiday traveler would want to share with those who want to see it all too. Infact, many travel bloggers have followers who don’t have the time or finances to travel across the globe but enjoy seeing someone have that experience instead. All thanks to social media, one gets access to the travel video memories of millions of people online.
However, social media brings along a few minor issues too. If you are on a holiday, all your attention goes to living the dream trip, taking photos and videos and walking around. It is very rare for anyone to have spare time to edit any videos to upload on social media. Yes, most large sized videos like GoPro, DJI or 4K video that are mostly shot by influencers or celebrities don’t get easily uploaded on social media. Instagram has both a size and format limit, while YouTube creates a lag, if one tries. 4K videos specifically are high-quality videos that give the nitty-gritties of your journey but at the same time, with quality comes quantity. The file sizes are huge and the formats are different.
But then again, if you are can understand what social media platforms demand before uploading videos, you can have a better plan of action where you can come back from your trip, edit videos via simple and easy platforms like VideoProc and up your social media game.
What do social media platforms (example – YouTube) ask from any uploader?
- YouTube usually suggests an MP4 clip with multiple size limits. If you even try to upload your 4K video, YouTube restricts it to a 15 mins clip only. Now, you travel and record for days, a 15 mins video will not even cover half a day of information that you want to share.
- Secondly, 4K videos must be encoded with the same frame rate during upload as during shoot but at the same time have an Audio Code of AAA-LC type.
- 4K Video formats like MKV, AVI, WMV and MXF aren’t supported by YouTube and need to be converted before upload.
- A standard Bitrate has to exist, depending on the frame rate and the SDR of the clip that has to be uploaded.
Since, 4K videos are smooth and enjoyed more on a big screen, one can understand these problems happen to make things easier for anyone to watch videos on a PC monitor. All these conditions are hence crucial as YouTube works as a processing component. This means, that once you upload your video on YouTube, it runs it and then makes it available to the public in a lower standard quality. It is only after a few hours of the upload (depends on video size) that the Video gets available in the actually highest quality band to the audiences. If all these restrictions aren’t met, your 4K Video might not process properly and then get compressed to be available in a lower pixel level only.
Take a look at this video for a detailed understanding:
Thinking about how to do all these conversions and then edit 4K video? Especially when you have never edited a video in your entire life? Well, simple tools are available for download like VideoProc where you can upload your video and make the magic happen.
Just follow a few quick steps below to have your 4K video ready for upload –
- To upload your 4K to YouTube, first you need to upload the same video to VideoProc. Download VideoProc (there are free versions and buying offers available) and then open to software. Select the ‘Video’ option to enter the video processing centre. Here you need to select the ‘add/+ video’ button and select your files for upload. Understanding that the 4K video will be large-sized, VideoProc has a professional system that makes it a quick upload nonetheless.
2. Once the video is uploaded, you have to get to work. VideoProc has multiple editing tools which are easy to use and do not compress your video in any form. Cut you video if the length is an issue, mix and merge sections, add effect to bring a slight shine and add subtitles if you want viewers to understand what you say or hear better in the video. You can also remove fisheye, add your own watermark to avoid any social media stealing and stabilize long-shot 4K videos. All of these must be considered before the final upload to YouTube.
3. The last straw is to format your video. Formatting here not only means converting your video to MP4, it also means that VideoProc supports hundreds of input and output codes, allowing you to convert any original video into any required format. Moreover, these conversions have 47x times faster due to the full GPU acceleration given by the editing software, which allows quick work and low hardware usage exhaustion. After all such changes and decisions, you have to ‘Run’ the file for all work to be done and have it saved as needed and wherever needed on your computer.
Considering how YouTube not only boosts your social media presence but a good quality YouTube upload improves your search engine ranking on the platform. In situations where you want to reach more people or in cases where you want to improve your content type, editing 4k videos and ensuring high-end upload to YouTube is the best way out.
So, don’t worry and wait around. A little amount of your time can go a long way in putting your best foot forward to the world. Why let a few constraints stop you from uploading the necessary when editing softwares can help easily?
In fact, edit and upload should become the new mantra of any holiday traveler or social media blogger. Once you get the hang of it, it will be even simpler to go ahead with. Happy Uploading!