A Complete Guide To Shareasale | How To Join & Use Shareasale???
Would you look for the right marketplace for your affiliates? I’m launching ShareASale today, which is a popular affiliate marketplace that can help you earn extra revenue online.
You’ll learn all about Shareasale in this tutorial & in the next 15 minutes; you’ll be all set to start earning from this popular Affiliate marketplace.
Events, videos, posts, thoughts, food — it seems like when posted, it’s all about all the better.
Again, that’s exactly what’s trendy right now.
” Would you have jumped off too, if all your friends had jumped off a cliff? All of us would have heard this at some point of time in their life.
Although the term itself is quite cliché, the argument our parents were trying to make was clear: it’s not a good idea just because everyone is doing it.
This is why we are always a little suspicious, even when a network of affiliates is very common:
- ShareASale is one of the biggest currently operating affiliate marketing networks. It competes and holds its own with other giants, such as CJ affiliates and Rakuten Linkshare.
- But are we trusting this business because everyone else does?
- What are the things affiliates appreciate about the network of ShareASale affiliates, and where does it fall short?
We will answer those questions today, and see if this affiliate marketing network is the right choice for you.
What Is Shareasale?
ShareASale was launched in 2000, and the launch of an affiliate program for their product or services is a popular service for marketers. Bloggers & affiliate marketers may find a new affiliate program at the time and join them. This tutorial is more blogger-oriented to understand how it works & how to use ShareASale. Marketers who plan to start an affiliate program can join them and use their Webinars on Welcome Kit & Training to educate themselves.
It’s not a new partner program. ShareASale, a member of Awin, operates as a merchant-affiliate intermediate. More than 2500 + merchants sell a product or service and wish to spread the word by paying bloggers to review and support them by ShareASale. On the other side, thousands of affiliates support the goods of merchants and through it earn commissions. Affiliates write about and review products and will be paid if their readers click on the links and order the product or service.
Here members give merchants requests to join their program. Because your ShareASale account provides merchants with all the specifics they need to learn, there’s also an option to write a personalized request Affiliates give some information, e.g., Blog URL, site category, partner site or other information why they want their products promoted. Based on this, merchants elect to approve or reject the request of the affiliates. You’ll learn how to utilize ShareASale in the later section.
Terms you must be clear with before we start discussing this topic:
- Merchants: Merchants are company owners who set up their affiliate system to be able to enter and bring further sales to their company in exchange for a fixed fee.
- Affiliate Marketers: Users like me & you who join and promote an affiliate program via blog, PPC, or other methods.
- Affiliate Software: This may be self-hosted or services such as ShareASale, ClickBank, CJ, where hosting affiliate programs are in this scenario, the Affiliate app is ShareASale.
- Platform Affiliate: a platform where an affiliate can explore new opportunities and enter an affiliate program. Similarly, a marketer gets to expose the affiliate marketers to their affiliate program.
All other model affiliate marketplaces are more or less the same with different UI & apps. Since you have a good understanding of the fundamental jargon, let’s learn how to use the marketplace of ShareASale affiliates.
They are continually improving their program, and are working to make both merchants and affiliates happier.
They boast that they hold a reputation as a fair and honest company, and their actions support those words. They offer excellent customer support, efficient resources, and accurate reporting.
As of January 2017, ShareASale was purchased from an overseas affiliate network, Affiliate Window (now known as Awin). The two businesses continue to work independently for now. There might, however, be some very lucrative prospects shortly for foreign affiliates to come.
Shareasale Network Program
ShareASale explicitly offers two forms of promotions. Selling the items alone isn’t the way to earn compensation. Various affiliate programs may use different terms of payment, such as:
- Pay Per Lead: In this, the advertiser pays you (affiliate terms) based on the conversion of leads, such as uploading a file or program, completing a newsletter sign-up form, sign-up trial request, or some other desired action. If a customer follows an affiliate link to the advertiser’s website and performs the work needed under the affiliate agreement, the affiliate shall be charged. Also known as CPA (Cost Per Action), this PPL is a great earning option.
- Pay Per Sale: In this, the advertiser is charging the affiliate based on revenue conversion. If a customer follows an affiliate connection to the advertiser’s website and makes a purchase as per the affiliate agreement, the affiliate will be paid. Affiliates can earn a higher commission through affiliate pay-per-sale programs, but these types of programs usually have the lowest rate of conversion.
How To Join the Shareasale Network? What Are The Shareasale Sign Up Requirements?
The ShareASale account development process is pretty simple and straightforward. You must also have a website to register for a ShareASale affiliate account.
Follow this step-by-step guide and set up your website in just 15minutes if you don’t have a website yet.
To become a registered member of the affiliate, you must complete a simple 5-step sign-up process. Let us go through it.
Step1: Create An Account For Shareasale Login
- To sign up for a free account on ShareASale, click on the link of the site.
- Click on the “Affiliate Signup” button in the top right corner of the homepage or click on the button “I want to promote this merchant on my website.”
- A registration form will appear, which you need to fill in your login information such as username, new password, and country.
- After the information has been completed, click on the “Switch to Step 2” button.
Step2: Sign Up With Your Website Information
- This is a very critical move because the retailer must determine whether to approve/reject your application, based on your primary website, to join their affiliate programs.
- Through this move ensures that you reach a working site.
- Next, pick your Website language.
- Answer a couple of questions regarding your website. Test which box is essential to you.
Step3: Fill In Your Email Address
- Use an email address associated with your domain name, such as email@example.com, to speed up the approval process.
- Most web hosts will give you a free choice to use your domain URL to build an email, but some will charge you a fee.
- You can use standard web hosting providers such as Bluehost, HostGator, and Siteground to get your free domain email address.
Step4: Fill In Your Contact Details
- First, fill in the contact information such as name, address, and payment information.
- You can see the help pin is 4-digit. Use this number to verify your account when you call them for technical support or assistance.
- Write a brief overview of your website and its functionality.
Step5: Your Payment Information
- The last step is to pick the form of payment for setting your Shareasale express sign up. Payment can be accepted via check or direct deposit.
- If you can’t decide now, just press “Choose later” to later customize it.
- Click on “Sign up to complete” for submitting your application.
- You will then receive an email from ShareAShare, and click on the connection to confirm.
This is it. Now you’re on track to become an official ShareASale affiliate. Next, to attract your market, you will need to find some fantastic products.
How To Find A Product To Attract Audience On Shareasale?
Follow measures below once your application has been accepted to find a product relevant to your niche.
- Go to the website of ShareASale, click “Affiliate Login” and enter the details of your accounts. You must keep your code ready if you are using it by Shareasale referral program.
- Go to “Merchants” on your dashboard and click “Search for Merchants” If you know the name of the merchant you wish to join, simply type the name in the search box and click “Login.”
- If not, you can click through the sections like how to use the ShareASale merchant setup, or enter the search box with a keyword.
- Find the dealer, and press Join.
- Select “Join this plan” after you read and consent to the Agreement.
- Now, wait for your approval to be informed via email for your ShareASale admin account.
How Can You Create A Link From Shareasale?
- You’ll need to add a link or banner to your blog to begin promoting a product.
- Turn your mouse over “Links” on your dashboard, and press “Get a link/banner.”
- You are going to see a list of licensed merchants.
- Choose the dealer you want to promote and click “Links.”
- You will be taken to a page where you can select Text Links, Banners, Customer Link Creating, etc.
- We want a text connection here, so click “Get HTML Code,” and you’ll see a connection that looks pretty spammy
- Once you’ve built your affiliate page, you can put it on your blog or website. The method is equivalent to adding any other links to your blog. Simply select the words you want and paste the link you created above.
How Can One Make Money From Shareasale? How To Use Shareasale?
Here are a few tried and tested techniques that I use on Shareasale Shopify to promote merchants and to make money online:
Write Guides, Reviews, And Tips
I like to write reviews, tips, and useful product guides that I have used on my blog myself. Your blog is a fun and simple way to earn some passive income.
- For example, I wrote this, and this step-by-step Tailwind guide to help my readers get an unlimited supply of high-quality blog traffic with no great effort.
- Along with the written content, you can add some screenshots too. And don’t forget to add a unique affiliate link to your post. Whenever anyone clicks on your page’s links, it will be registered in your affiliate account.
Create A Resource Guide
A new great way to promote affiliate products is to create a resource page on your blog. Check out my blogging tools page here to give you a better idea. As you can see, I’ve also mentioned my resource page on my blog’s main menu bar.
Use A Lot Of Banners And Widgets
Placing banners and widgets on your website/blog would certainly improve exposure and click-through levels apart from placing text links on your blog post. Attach a banner to your left, within the content, or anywhere you see fit.
Social Media Marketing
If you think your audience will benefit from the product, tell the world about it on social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
What Kind Of Merchants Should One Reach Out To Earn Maximum Benefits?
Affiliate Marketing is all about carefully choosing merchants (or goods to be more specific). Pick the merchants or products that come under your niche. For example, I write blogging or WordPress articles, and I’m an affiliate for Premium WordPress themes and hosting businesses. You can browse by category to see all your topics or niche based merchants. You can see the general payout for a sale when you find a firm you recognize, plus read the details of the affiliate program. The business name is on the bottom. A link to JOIN PROGRAM will be underneath.
As you can see, the structure of the commission is 35%. If someone purchases any of StudioPress products from my affiliate link, I will be paid a 35 percent commission. Set the cookie to 60 days. What does that mean right now? Let’s say a user has clicked on StudioPress via your affiliate link, the user sees only all the available topics but doesn’t buy any theme. The cookie will now be stored in the user’s browser. If the same consumer opens StudioPress again (not necessarily from your affiliate link) and purchases some style, you’ll still get the fee. It will use the same cookie (60 days) that is stored in your browser.
Pros And Cons Of Shareasale?
The Program Has A Lot Of Advantages:
- One of the most impressive features is the vast network of Shareasale merchants it has. This provides affiliates with a wide choice of options.
- The commission rate supplied at 10 percent is excellent. This may grow to 30 to 40 percent.
- The goods sold on this website are also extremely special as the site boasts a large chain of merchants.
- The process of joining is extremely easy, and payment is made on the 20th of each month.
- The deal between the affiliates and the merchants is exceptionally professional, making this affiliate program reliable.
Few Limitations Of Shareasale are:
- One of the significant drawbacks of this website is that it may take you some time to do well.
- The process can be a little time consuming because before you market the goods, you should get approval from each merchant as an affiliate.
Why Do People Consider Shareasale As The Best Affiliate Program?
There are lots of significant marketplaces you can enter, like Commission Junction, Clickbank, etc. But there are many reasons why I would consider using ShareASale.
- ShareASale has an interface which is very user friendly and simple to use.
- Quick, every product can be found in your niche. There are more than a thousand products available to promote in ShareASale.
- There are both types of programs available, Pay Per Sale and Pay Per Lead. Few services also pay 2 Tier fee.
- Share a Sale has the merchant’s downtime and history study. You will see how much ShareASale provides real-time monitoring if the merchant has gone offline. You will see how they run your campaigns in real-time. The merchant broke out with both unique and non-unique clicks, and all.
- Many Renowned Companies can be found offering their services, which you can promote.
- Compared with other partner services, the compensation level is minimal (i.e., $50). It is one of the partner programs with the highest pay.
- ShareASale is not holding you into a deal. You can cancel at any time and do not have to deal with any fines etc. Share a Sale offers easy to build, manage, and change widgets for your Affiliates, and you can always make sure there are up-to-date goods and best sellers showing where you want them to be.
- They give all the training. Merchants can go to webinars to learn about Affiliate incentives, ways to motivate them, recruit them, and expand their programs. Affiliates will learn how to develop their own companies and make more money using the resources they didn’t know existed.
There are also other reasons why I find the Affiliate ShareASale to be the best affiliate system. So far, I have no complaints about ShareASale, and my experience is pleasant.
ShareASale is considered more pleasant to operate on than ClickBank as opposed to this website; it provides a wide variety of merchants. Also, this program is a superior option compared to CPAway.com, which is hard to work with.
Share A Sale is also a better choice compared to most other websites because it provides different advantages for both the partner and the merchants. Compared to other websites, it also offers impressive support for customer care.
The ShareASale network is the ideal platform for those wishing to succeed in the affiliate marketing business. This website is designed mainly to hold the masses in mind. As such, everyone can sign up and be very easy to start up their affiliate marketing business.
Things People Love About Shareasale
It Is A Reputable Company
When you see a company that has been in the market for so long, and it is still thriving, there must be a reason for that. Shareasale Amazon has a reputation for being a reputable business online and offline, and both retailers and associates sing their praises.
More than that, ShareASale now has direct links in this industry with another large company. ShareASale appears to be gaining ground ever since Awin acquired it.
The Dashboard Is Easy To Operate With Free And Easy Sign Up Process
Signing up for ShareASale is a simple, five-step procedure that can be completed in minutes. ShareASale has ensured that new publishers don’t find signing up difficult.
Easy To Use With Multiple Websites
If you are an affiliate marketer who owns many websites and would like to use ShareASale to monetize all of them, you’re in luck! This network makes the connection to various systems very easy for owners of several websites.
You will be allowed to upload all of the websites you currently own, listing them in order of importance. In this way, you do not have to sign up several times for any merchant system you are applying for. Submit once, and all of your websites for that software will be working!
Best Merchants On Shareasale
Whether it’s tech, weddings, clothing, health, car, gifts, productivity, or virtually everything else, ShareASale has you covered. They currently boast more than 40 different categories, packed with more than 4,800 various merchants! That’s an unbelievable amount, and it rises every day.
Many of these merchants, including Viator, WP Engine, Mod Cloth, Jillian Michaels, NBA Store, and more, are big names in their respective fields! ShareASale has a nice mix as merchants with big brands and small businesses, so you’ll have plenty of choices when selecting which programs to enter.
With more than 4,800 merchant programs on ShareASale available to you, how do you find the one that best suits your business?
There are some great search options on ShareASale. You will be able to filter your searches based on specific keywords, merchant category EPC, sales commission, merchant status, or even how long they have been a part of ShareASale.
More than that, ShareASale has a feature, called a PowerRank, that lets you sort through the best of the dealers available. It helps you to show the top 100 merchants that are currently on ShareASale.
You’ll find the dream affiliate plan with those resources quickly!
Excellent Customer Care Support
Customer support for almost all of the other big-name affiliate marketing networks is a big complaint. So for ShareASale, this point is an even more significant plus.
This network of affiliates prides itself on excellent customer service for both retailers and affiliates. You can contact them by phone or email if you have any doubts. ShareASale’s customer support team is ready to answer your questions from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM Central Time.
Other than that, new affiliates will receive a welcome package that will help them immerse themselves in affiliate marketing. Affiliates do have the opportunity to watch webinars on training, which will help them develop their skills.
Also, you can find a detailed FAQ section on their website, which is likely to address most questions.
Customized Deep Linking
No one likes super-long links, and often those extra numbers and letters that are part of your affiliate ID make visitors wary of clicking on them.
ShareASale eliminates this problem by allowing you to customize the links to your affiliate completely. You can create shortened URLs that are considerably more appealing to users. ShareASale also provides handy social tools that allow users to share an affiliate link with others!
Reliable Shareasale Payment Methods
Part of the advantage of working for such a big corporation is getting the payments exactly when you want them to be.
ShareASale will forward your affiliate earnings directly to your bank account on the 20th of each month. They can send money to banks in several different countries, so it’s a profit as well. You may either obtain a check or be billed by Payoneer.
A Large Number Of Reporting Features
To successfully run your affiliate marketing business, you need to see exactly what happens to your affiliate links. ShareASale lets you do it.
ShareASale gives you an easy-to-understand summary of how your affiliate connections operate for you, including general reporting features. You can also create custom reports which will show you precisely the metrics you want to see.
The monitoring of ShareASale is all in real-time so that you can see the clicks and sales as they happen. You can also use their clickstream function to understand the steps each user takes to get to your affiliate page, and then purchase later.
Areas Of Improvement For Shareasale
No Paypal Pay-Outs
This is a common concern in the more extensive networks of affiliates, but it should be noted that we do not like it.
High Pay-Out Threshold
The payout rate for affiliates on ShareASale is $50. That’s pretty much higher than most of its rivals, which can be a turn-off for new affiliates. But more prominent affiliate marketing firms aren’t going to consider this a concern.
Threat Of Account Deletion
It has been said that if you don’t meet the $50 mark, ShareASale will debit your account at $25, and you can risk losing your account if your balance is below $25. Again, this is a bigger problem for younger affiliate marketers who do not yet have a steady selling rate. This is not something about which the more prominent affiliate marketers will need to worry.
No Prior Notification About Future Actions
Some affiliates of the ShareASale affiliate network have complained without warning that some merchant services have been removed from the network. Since affiliates had no deletion notification, their affiliate links suddenly proved useless. This is a rather big issue ShareASale should be looking after.
If affiliates remain on top of monitoring and reporting, though, they will be able to say if one of their ties is incorrect.
It looks like joining ShareASale from what we’ve mentioned above isn’t the equivalent of jumping off the bridge just because everybody else is! (My mom will be so pleased.) Moving deeper into the details, we’ve seen solid reasons behind the success of ShareASale in the affiliate marketing world. You’ve seen in this analysis how ShareASale takes good care of its clients through attentive customer service and prompt payouts.
They also excel in built-in search functionality and personalized deep connections, as well as helpful reports. And with their wide range of vendors, there’s always something you have to sell in your niche!
ShareASale can have its flaws, but it stands out as one of the currently available top affiliate marketing networks.
What Is Shareasale?
ShareASale is a marketing network of affiliates that connects merchants and affiliates. The Chicago based organization has been in the affiliate marketing business for over 20 years.
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a method of monetization in which affiliates may receive a commission by promoting the products of another business. Adding links to your website and driving traffic via channels like SEO or social media is the most common way to make money through affiliate marketing. How much you will receive as a member depends on factors such as commission rates.
How Does A Shareasale Work?
ShareASale features more than 3,900 merchants that sell a wide variety of goods and services. Affiliates may apply to various merchants and promote their products across different marketing channels. Most merchants have a mechanism of approval to assert more influence over who can sell their goods.
Is Shareasale Free?
As an affiliate ShareASale is free to join. It only takes about 5 to 10 minutes to fill out the application form, and you will hear back within 1 to 3 business days. To sign up, you will need a website and a valid e-mail address. You will also need to fill in additional details such as your address, telephone number, email, and information about payments.
Is Shareasale Safe?
ShareASale is free to dealers and affiliates alike. This is no fraud. The firm has been in the industry as an affiliate marketing network for over 20 years. Many well-known brands, such as Reebook and FreshBooks, depend on ShareASale to manage their affiliate programs and to communicate with affiliates.
How Do I Find A Profitable Niche?
On ShareASale, you can find lucrative niches by browsing the Power Rank list, by category or by keywords. Using software such as Keyword Planner to look up search frequency, and Google to see if there are any advertisers when you find a possible niche. High search volume and advertisers are a clear example of how competitive a market is.