Pediatric EMR software is an arrangement of records and processes created to support pediatricians inefficiently manage everyday activities. As the authoritative electronic record of a clinic’s communication and organizational processes, pediatric EMR software helps pediatric practices improve their workflow, track and record treatment options, and focus on the overall well-being of their cases.
Pediatric EMR systems will have different features and functionality for pediatric clinics. For instance, most systems will have immunization administration that traces vaccines, correlates with state immunization registries, and advises providers when vaccinations are due.
In addition, pediatrician EMRs will hold preterm, infant, and child growth and BMI charts. In addition, they will have some level of summarizing for school and camp physical models, VFC eligibility rank, HEDIS immunization compliance, etc. Finally, most systems will own customizable templates and workflow intended for pediatricians.
Examples of Pediatric EMR Software
NextGen Healthcare: NextGen Healthcare is a leading healthcare software and services company that empowers the transformation of ambulatory care. It helps mobile practices alleviate the burden of documentation, advance clinical outcomes, connect with other health systems, elevate provider and patient satisfaction, streamline the revenue cycle, and foster healthier communities.
Marketing 360: Get everything you need to manage and grow your business, all from a singular platform. Create your free account today to explore the platform and compare plans and pricing.
athenaOne: athenaOne constitutes the moment of care, offers administrative and quality services to guarantee full payment, and follows all physician orders so doctors can focus on what they do best. Perform high-quality care.
With athenaOne, Doctors benefit from constant access to the most beneficial practices of the nation’s largest clinical network, the most up-to-date and comprehensive quality rules and industry guidelines, and 24/7 support.
Characteristics of Pediatric EMR Software
- Pediatric-specific workflow: The EMR needs to address a pediatric clinic’s high-volume, short notice, rapid turnover nature. It should also allow the capability to capture and preserve sensitive childcare information and maintain diverse family structures based on the practice context.
- Pediatric drug alert mode: Drug interactions and dosage considerations are their beasts in pediatric exercise. Many award-winning EMRs have dosage calculators, drug interaction checking, and alert systems to ensure the patient is treated safely and competently.
- Well-child/preventive care: Uniquely in infancy, pediatrics incorporates well visits and preventative care and treatment of illness. In addition, to gauge well visit templates, many EMRs have templates for school, sports, camp, and daycare physicals.
- Pediatric SOAP records templates: Sample templates incorporate: flu, allergies, ears, appendicitis, reflux, abdominal pain, school excuse, vomiting/diarrhea, and viral infections.
- Immunization management: Administering vaccines is a significant component of pediatric practice; delivering immunization management is critical in a quality EMR. A recommended immunization schedule permits alerts and automated reminder reports customizable to the patient and the course. The most efficient systems can buy paper or electronic parental authorizations. The immunization status should thoroughly document all features, including the site location, batch number, and reaction, if any.
- Age- and gender-specific maturity charts: A pediatric EMR should document birth and prenatal records, plan and calculate growth patterns, and document developmental milestones, automatically graphing vital signs to growth charts.
- Communication: Parental permission forms, school explanation letters, patient referral letters, and physicals are a few of the records of correspondence a pediatrician has to manage. Most EMRs create these documents electronically on your customized letterhead, eager to be emailed or printed.
- Pediatric EMR software can be connected with medical billing software and medical scheduling software as a combined medical system, attempting the best solo pediatric EMR system or a more complicated EMR for more extensive practice.
Advantages of Pediatric EMR Software
- Electronically record and transmit patient immunization records provides additional support to pediatricians to track immunization data, including maintaining an inventory of separate vaccines, eligibility assessment, and submitting this information as reports, as and when necessary.
- Acquiring a setup with a patient portal is a great way to improve communication effectiveness and convenience for cases, parents, and providers.
- It empowers patients with the information they need to manage their health proactively. They can update their demographics, review personal health records (PHR), view lab results and education material, request prescription refills and appointments/referrals, and send secure messages related to clinical questions.
- Immediately available biometric-specific norms for maturity curves and aid growth charts for children with decided growth parameters like height, weight, head circumference, and BMI
- A pediatric healthcare practice has the in-built capability to calculate drug doses based on appropriate dosage limits, using the patient’s body weight and body surface area, and incorporate it into the prescribing method by recommending amounts based on these estimates.
- EMR for pediatrics presents multiple preloaded templates for all kinds of sick visits, allowing the pediatrician to see what to check, provide an assessment, and plan the visit in seconds.
- The maturity and development of telehealth are opening new roads for practical, effective, and affordable pediatric health administration services, allowing pediatricians to entertain children at distant locations.
- It assists pediatric healthcare providers in sending automated appointment reminders using the channels most preferred by parents and caregivers.
- Pediatric EMR Software enables lab orders and diagnostic tests electronically and tracks results directly through the EMR.
- Pediatric EMR Software alerts with vaccination reminders, updates on medication dosages, or potential allergic reactions play a vital role in pediatric diagnosis.
- The cloud-based Pediatric EMR software allows families to create their family profiles. Through one click gives pediatricians access and links to charts and other valuable features.
Pediatric EMR Software Trends
- As electronic therapeutic record trends shift, there’s a trickle-down influence on the pediatrics software market. Here are some contemporary drifts and why you should hold them when determining the best pediatric EMR for your work.
- Mobile device support: As mobile devices like iPhones, iPads, and Android devices gain reputation in the medical world, vendors quickly adapt to the course by developing practical applications that physicians can locate both on and off-premise.
- SaaS service: Cloud computing has become widespread in healthcare, like other industries, because of the comfort of implementation and its efficiency of use. And Internet-based pediatric software is increasing in popularity. Additionally, businesses have modern interfaces with web browsers. Opting for a Web-based option also saves physicians from the initial investment for on-premise systems that often require monthly hosting fees.
Pediatricians need to maintain efficient patient encounters and consume less time on paper refills or completing charts. At the same time, billing staff must ensure charges are captured accurately and following E&M documentation guidelines. Offices still relying on paper charts or an antiquated practice management system will have a more challenging time delivering these operational efficiencies than a practice utilizing pediatric electronic medical record (EMR)/electronic health record (EHR) software.