3 Best IWMS Software & Buyers Guide
Scheduling shared spaces Busy office can be a challenge. Designed specific use Perfect for meeting rooms, conference rooms, company resources presentation areas
Online scheduling assistant to coordinate meetings faster with contacts inside and outside your company. Works with all calendar
Integrated Workplace Management System
Web-based software platform that is integrated the five modules needed most often by facility and real estate managers to form an Integrated Workplace Management System.
- Real estate and lease management
- Facilities and space management
- Maintenance management
- Environmental sustainability
- Capital project management
An IWMS is more than a repository for all of the data these applications gather. The system offers coordination of activities occurring in each of these areas of an enterprise. Therefore, an IWMS performs best for organizations with hundreds or thousands of assets, and reveals how various departmental activities impact each other. Several major software vendors offer IWMSs. When they’re scattered across different systems or departments, the quality of data about facilities and assets can suffer—but IWMSs give managers all the features they need in one convenient package.
Common Features of IWMS Software
The following five component modules make up an IWMS:
|Real estate and lease management||As in property control software, real estate administration modules provide users with a centralized database of buildings’ knowledge, such as size, cost, condition, function, possession and maintenance costs. Generate requests for proposal (RFPs) and control a building’s entire life cycle, from acquisition to disposal. Users can also achieve charters or other specific documentation.|
|Facilities management||Facilities management emphasises guidance users manage physical construction space, facilities maintenance, portfolios, and outstanding data records.|
|Maintenance management||Where facilities management modules encourage users to manage buildings, maintenance management tools help users manage assets—like equipment and vehicles, reduce maintenance costs and keep assets at summit performance.|
|Capital project management||These characteristics encourage users to pursue the status of large, long-term capital schemes (for example, the construction of an apartment complex). This can include budgeting, catalogue management, allocating tasks and functions to workers, record storage/experiencing and invoicing.|
|Environmental sustainability||Sustainability characteristics can observe and identify excessive energy usage, water and other resources, including functionality to compose a building within LEED certification measures.|
Benefits of Integrated Workplace Management System
The principal aim of an IWMS is to implement the most valuable features for equipment and real estate administration within a different software platform. It translates into many other advantages, like:
- Centralizing report in a database. When utilizing multiple systems to accomplish a workplace, transferring data swiftly and carefully between them is a trial, and can introduce individual error. IWMS merchants solve this problem by sharing information across blended modules automatically.
- Optimizing space and resources. IWMS software can help organizations investigate their physical space use, whether it’s an office, a construction plant or a warehouse. Moving employees and assets around a virtual office or into a new space (called a “churn”) can be invaluable, and software can efficiently help purpose future usage.
- Reducing energy usage. By monitoring and analyzing a facility’s energy effectiveness, organizations can identify cost-cutting opportunities that reduce their carbon footprint.
Use Cases for an IWMS
An IWMS includes many statements, so it can be easy to envision the specific situations in which the system adds importance to an organization.
- Coordinating activities to circumvent interruptions: Company’s maintenance team practices a CMMS to propose precautionary maintenance work plans. Its administrative unit has a separate calendar to reserve meeting rooms. With an IWMS, these programs can be viewed by both groups so that it will achieve projected maintenance on an air handler above a conference room before or after an instrumental executive meeting.
- Automate minor environmental adjustments: Employees work best when they’re comfortable, but it’s sometimes a hassle to find someone who can modify the temperature immediately. A workplace that appropriates an IWMS can offer a more straightforward, faster way to make minor modifications—representatives can use their smartphone to register that a room is too cold throughout an online portal. If the operation is set up to do so, it can automatically shut off the air conditioning, conserve time and enhance workplace support.
How Is It Priced?
IWMSs are appraised through a monthly or annual subscription fee, or an upfront license fee. Nevertheless, it’s essential to remark that most IWMSs are Web-based.
|Subscription-based SaaS or Web-based||A monthly or annual fee is typically based on the number of users who access the system and the number of assets. However, pricing models are based on square-footage.|
|Perpetual license fee||Per-user, One-time, or per-computer fee. A few products perit multiple users on a unique license, while some need an additional license for per user. Support, updates, and training have separate costs.|