PDF, also known as the Portable Document Format is one of the most commonly used file formats on desktop and mobile phones. It was developed by Adobe in the year 1992 to present images and text in an independent file format.
But editing a PDF file that you have received from someone, or downloaded from a website can be really challenging. Although there are several tools available online that can help you in editing like Adobe Acrobat, but those are quite expensive.
How to Edit PDF Files with PDFescape
Here, we have got the best solution for you to edit PDFs with an Online PDF Editor called PDFescape editor. It is a free PDF converter and editor that helps you to format your PDF documents. You can also use it to create PDFs online and share them with others using a shareable link.
In addition to this, PDFescape online also enables you to encrypt PDFs using passwords, change PDF tags, add images to the PDF document, use a digital signature to sign PDFs, and more.
You can follow the given steps to edit a PDF file using PDFescape online PDF editor on any webs browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera, etc.
- Go to the PDFescape editor web page.
- Here, upload your PDF file online. Or, open your PDF file using PDFescape.
- Next, tap on the ‘Text Button’ available in the ‘Insert Tab’ to edit the text in your PDF document.
- Now, go to the document tap where you can delete, add, or edit the existing text, and wait till your cursor appears.
- To add text, drag the cursor to create a text block and type your text.
- Similarly, you can delete any text using the backspace key. With PDFescape editor, you can also add images, or highlight your text.
Further, you can edit your PDF documents after downloading PDFescape editor to your Windows system. PDFescape online pdf editor is compatible with the latest versions of Windows, 7,8,10, and 11.
- Start by downloading PDFescape editor on your Windows desktop.
- Launch the software, and upload the PDF file you want to edit, using the available tools.
- In the desktop version, you can also compress, merge, and convert documents, edit, add, and delete texts and images, add page numbers, and do much more.
How to Keep Your PDF Files Secure
If you are the one creating a PDF and you don’t want others to have the access to edit your PDFs, you can protect it using a secure password. This means you can keep your PDF in the read-only format, where people can only read your PDF text, but to edit it, they will need a password.
This is a great way to protect your sensitive information like research papers, templates, etc., while presenting them to the public. To facilitate the same, you can use PDFescape to create your own password for your PDF file. Let’s understand what all does it offer.
The free PDFescape version includes the following features:
- PDF file editor
- Fill PDF forms
- Create PDF forms
- Encrypt PDF files with a password
- Share PDF documents online
- PDF file viewer
- Annotate PDF files to add notes or description to a PDF document
The paid version, PDFescape Premium version offers the following features to its users:
- All the features of the free PDFescape version
- Text and image editor
- PDF document printing
- PDF file merger
- Convert PDF documents to Word documents and other file formats
- Add a watermark for your own branding
- Insert page numbers
- PDF compressor for reducing the file size
So, this is all how you can view, edit, and share PDFs online using PDFescape online editor. All you need is an active internet connection and a web browser to get started. You can also protect your PDF file with password encryption and share sensitive information with others.
In the beginning, you can start with the free version of PDFescape and upgrade to the PDFescape premium version as your requirements grow with time.