Filmora Video Editor Review 2018
Videos are moving images with sound, and they look so amazing. The popularity of online videos has given rise to many video editing tools and software. This is the reason why people are getting engaged in videos. Catching video on devices like smartphones, GoPros, DSLRs is getting very popular. The need for powerful video editing software is highly evident. Video editing tools were mostly confined to professionals a few years back, but now everyone can use them due to their high availability and easy to use interface.
One of the best video editing software is Filmora video editor which has made the video editing very easy even for the nonprofessionals. Filmora video editing software allows you to import any video and audio file from all the possible devices like Android, iPad, iPhone, cameras along with Facebook and other social platforms. Let’s have a look at some features of the software and know what makes it different from its counterparts:
- Pricing: The software is available for free trial for a specific duration, and after that, it costs 39.99 $ for a one-year subscription for windows and 44.99 $ for Mac users. Similarly, for the lifetime access, you will have to spend 59.99 $ for windows and Mac both. The software has a free lifetime update and free customer support. The software supports Windows 7 through Windows 10 and needs a 64-bit version to function properly. The best part of this software is that it is continuously updated with many new features.
- Interface – Filmora video editing software has a nice-looking, flexible interface. The startup view is easy to understand. To enjoy all the features of the Filmora video editor, you need to click on the ‘cart’ icon and then on the ‘Register’ button. During registration, the software will ask for your email address and registration code. After filling up the details, you can use the software. It gives you the option to upload the files from your computer, camera and social media like Instagram, Facebook, and
Filmora video editor is designed in such a way that it is suitable for beginners as well as for the professionals. It comes with the easy mode and the full feature mode to meet with different video editing needs. Before selecting the video editing project, you can also choose the desired aspect ratio (4:3 or 16:9) for your video. The software also gives you an option to change the skin color from dark to light. By default, the software runs on dark skin. The software has different features for professional video editors and the novice. The easy mode is specially designed for the amateur. The editing interface in easy mode is intuitive and straightforward. You can select the theme from a few given themes, choose the music and preview your edited videos.
- Effects – Filmora allows its users to add titles and texts to the video. If you are making a movie, you can add subtitles to your video. You can adjust and manage the duration and location of the text that you have placed in your video. Additionally, you can also customize the color and font of the text.
Filmora understands the need of its customers; hence they have also provided filters to make your video impressive. Select the filter that you like and drop it to the timeline. You can adjust the duration of the effect by the motion of the cursor. Other than filters, the software also gives overlay functionality to its buyer. Choose the best looking overlays to make your video attractive looking. It also has the option of adding the filters and overlays to favorites so that next time when you use the software, you can quickly pick up your choice.
Filmora allows you to choose from 200 types of transitions. You can also use sample colors and sample videos as a transition to add them between the videos, in the beginning, or at the end of the video.
Another impressive feature of the Filmora is its picture to picture overlay. With PIP you can add more videos and photos to the original videos.
The software also offers a split-screen feature which helps the user to display two or more videos in one screen. It also has a green screen feature which allows you to set the color in the top layer of the overlay in such a manner that the background video or images show through.
- Audio editing – The software has 25 copyright free songs in the music library. By clicking on the music tab, you can select between the multiple music styles and freely add music to your video. You also get an option to adjust the sound speed, fade it in or fade it out.
- Basic features – Basic editing features are specially designed for beginners who are not comfortable using the advanced options of the software. The basic features include video split, crop, rotation, trimming etc. along with combining the photos and videos and editing the audio to make it more desirable.
- Advanced features – Advanced features are for the professionals to make their videos and movies flawless. The advanced features include:
- Color tuning – To create a high-quality video or image you can choose from the various preset options. In just one click you can get different color correction options for your video. Additionally, you can also adjust the color, hue, saturation, and luminance manually according to your desire.
- Pan and zoom – This is another exciting feature of the software – it pans the image from one subject to another and gradually zooms in on the subjects.
- Video stabilization and reverse playing – Video stabilization is used to improve the video quality. It removes the ‘shakes’ from the video.
- Screen recorder – Filmora allows you to record the screen in three recording settings including full screen, custom, and target window. You can also add the audio in the video with the help of microphone device or other audio systems.
Filmora video editing software can do everything that a professional video editor needs. For the price that you pay, it is one of the best video editor software. Its numerous customizing options give freedom to its user to make and edit their videos as they like. Its massive toolset and rich ecosystem make it a winner among all the other video editing software.
Image: Video Editor from Tero Vesalainen/Shutterstock