Exam software is a program to perform online tests, participate in assignments, add scores, and create progress reports. In reality, it is related to assessment software.
The software is widely used in colleges, universities, schools, and independent coaching institutes.
Advantages of Exam Software
Using a dedicated exam solution offers many benefits, such as the ones listed below:
- Saves Time: Share test designs with peers and validators through a collaborative platform.
- Calculates Scores in An Instant: Automatically calculate scores in real-time as a candidate provides their answers. Students can also access their issues soon after executing tests.
- Secures Tests & Grades: Create role-based permissions to limit access to tests before administration. Securely store grades and allow students to access their rates.
Examples of Exam Software
Cornerstone LMS: Reinvent learning and development to realize the potential of your employees by creating a culture of continuous learning. With Cornerstones Learning suite, go beyond delivering training and compliance to developing an engaged, collaborative, and skilled workforce.
Easy LMS: Built in the Netherlands by a multicultural team, Easy LMS is the most excellent and most user-friendly LMS on the market. Easy LMS has a simple and to-the-point Dutch design that makes it much easier to use than any other platform out there. Also, it’s moderately priced and available in many languages.
SkyPrep: SkyPrep specializes in automating and transitioning any aspect of your employee training to an online platform and painlessly. In addition to our simple interface, we run on a modern and fully customizable design, allowing for a very unique and dynamic online training environment. Then, of course, we deliver a host of It includes the ability to upload any file type, build assessments, and run powerful reporting.
Features of Exam Software
- Assessments: Design, create, and administer test material.
- Online Tests: Create and share tests through online channels.
- Question Bank: Collect a large pool of questions about a particular subject matter, with varying difficulty levels, to use for multiple tests.
- Reporting: Run analytics on collected data to generate relevant insights for your institution.
- User Management: Manage user-profiles and their details such as personal information, subjects, grades, and exam schedules.
- Easiness: Teachers should be able to create tests easily. Teachers use excel or word import to develop questions in volume. They also have a dedicated admin section that allows teachers to upload learners in bulk.
- Storage: Having a massive library of questions with varying difficulty levels makes your exam practice more streamlined for students.
- Analytics: Performance statements are a necessity for test prep. It should provide a detailed breakup of achievement across sections, problems & peers.
Price of Exam Software
Most products in the market are priced on a “per test” basis and can be divided into three pricing tiers based on their starting price. An enterprise, or premium product, which is priced higher, may include additional features such as mobile application, knowledge management, APIs, and single sign-on.
Points to Consider while Buying Exam Software
Scalability of the Software: Opt for solutions and packages that will allow you to scale the number of users/tests to keep up with your institution’s growth.
Software Compatibility and Stability: Exam software lets you administer tests to many candidates, all of whom need to log in at the same time. It requires a large number of network connection requests at the same time. Therefore, you need a reliable vendor that is capable of handling heavy network traffic. Also, the software should be able to support multiple hardware configurations as tests will be run on many different types of operating systems.
- Import Problem in Bulk: The questions and answers can be quickly uploaded using MS Word or Excel import into the program.
- Building A Library of Questions: Deliver unlimited questions. Manage a repository of questions with different difficulty levels.
- Plan Tests on Special Dates: The software also delivers scheduling quizzes on a particular date
- Select Random Questions: It will also select random questions for the students to guarantee no cheating.
- Provide Immediate Results: The scores are automatically calculated at their peak, reducing the human errors involved in calculating the scores.
Institutes Conduct Tests for Lakhs of Students: The online exam software can conduct exams for lakhs of students simultaneously to scale your business
Invigilators: Cheating is decreased drastically as the questions are irregular in most online exam software programs. It reduces the burden on the invigilating staff.
Exam Software Trends
AI To Eliminate the Need for Physical Proctors: Educational organizations embrace auto-proctor tests with artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities to conduct tests in secure environments. Some exam software uses face recognition and digital IDs to ensure that cheating does not happen.
Advanced Analytics Can Help You Design Tests: Exam software includes advanced analytics to design tests. It uses data such as the time spent on various questions, time to complete the test, performance, and trends from previous exams.