Apple has officially launched Mac App Store yesterday and you can download it too through 10.6.6 update from “Software update” under “Preferences” settings. Mac App Store is surely a visual treat app for Mac users to download latest softwares and update them through the App store.
The new Mac App Store has approximately 1000 apps available for Mac desktop and laptop users. So, today, I have got a quick walkthrough so that you will come to know what Mac App Store is going to have for you. Those who have used iTunes and App stores will don’t see any trouble using new Mac store.
You can check all the softwares by featured and top selling apps and browse the apps by category and search box too. Many apps are still there in App store and now make their way into the Mac App Store. You can make purchase through your existing Apple ID, apps will download instantly and appear on your dock automatically.
So, in this article, I am listing here some best Mac App Store Apps you should check to download it today. Some of these apps will be act like a full-fledged desktop software while some will function like iPad like interface or widgets. You can also sync Mac App Store App purchases across various desktops, laptops and updates of all purchased will be through Mac App Store.
Though, there are many apps like FaceTime, Instapaper, Facebook, Pandora or missing we can only hope that they will make their way in the future to Mac App Store. Meanwhile, have a look on our compilation of 20 outstanding in the Mac App Store you would love to use. Also, stay tuned with us to know more about Mac App Store and its apps.
1) PixelMator ($29.99): Pixelmator, the beautifully designed, easy-to-use, fast and powerful image editor for Mac OS X has everything you need to create, edit and enhance your images.
2) Twitter (Free) : Twitter’s Mac App closely looks like an iPad App. It will now take up full screen after opening but just a part of your desktop. A visual treat app for those who love to stay with their friends through Twitter.
3) Compartments ($9.99) : Compartments is a fast, easy-to-use home inventory application. Check out a few of the great things you can do with Compartments: * Enter Your Information Fast * Enter dozens of items in seconds, all in one dialog box, with Quick Add. Select multiple items and apply tags and other details with Quick Apply.
4) iSlice (Free) : iSlice application is used to slice/cut images out of a PSD document and export them as optimized PNG, GIF or JPEG. iSlice can open PSD documents retaining layers and layer comps. Hence user can easily switch between various layer comps in the document and also hide/show layers.
5) SoundCloud (Free) : The official SoundCloud Desktop app finally brings the full SoundCloud web experience to your Mac. Perfect for both the casual or professional user, it gives you access to all the sounds shared exclusively with you and allows you to browse, listen to and favorite sounds from the world’s largest community of sound creators. Create custom playlists to see the sounds you need in an instant and download others for offline playback.
6) EverNote (Free) : Evernote helps millions worldwide remember anything and everything that happens in their lives. Use Evernote to take notes, save interesting web pages, create to-dos and shopping lists, attach images and PDFs, and so much more. Then, watch as it all instantly synchronizes from your Mac to your smartphone, tablet and the Web, allowing you to find your memories at any time from anywhere.
7) SketchBook Pro ($29.99) : Autodesk SketchBook® Pro for Mac is a professional-grade paint and drawing application. Using the same paint engine as its mobile counterpart, SketchBook Pro delivers a complete set of sketching & painting tools through a streamlined and intuitive user interface.
8 ) LittleSnapper ($24.99) : LittleSnapper is built to be the designer’s digital scrapbook, allowing creatives to snap, organise, edit and share screenshots and webpages that interest them. LittleSnapper is the ideal choice for anyone looking for a beautifully crafted application built to make managing screen and websnaps easy.
9) BasketMania (Free) : Enjoy basketball with this new game from no2. With two play modes, Basketmania is the most addictive basketball game out there. Try to be the best player and score as many points as you can on the given time, or just play to know how many shots on a row can you score. Basketmania also let’s you share your results on Facebook and Twitter!
10) Angry Birds ($4.99) : INTRODUCTORY PRICE – 50% OFF FOR LIMITED TIME ONLY IN MAC APP STORE. The survival of the Angry Birds is at stake. Dish out revenge on the green pigs who stole the Birds’ eggs. Use the unique destructive powers of the Angry Birds to lay waste to the pigs’ fortified castles.
11) Clippy ($0.99) : Ever copied something and then accidentally copied something else only to have the first thing lost? Ever wished you could copy several things and paste them all quickly, without flipping through applications many times? Clippy solves these problems and many more. It seamlessly integrates into your workspace by hiding in the background and giving you access to your up to 100 most recent copies at a click of a button.
12) MindNode for Mac (Free) : MindNode is a free, elegant and simple-to-use mindmapping application for the Macintosh that help to visually: – Collect, classify and structure ideas. – Organize, study and solve problems. Mind maps can be used for many different tasks – including to-do lists, brainstorming, holiday planning, research, writing, project management – and in many different environments – school, meetings, workspace.
13) Translator (Free) : Translator Free is a utility application for Mac OS X that resides in your menu bar and allows to translate any text content. Simply drag & drop your selection or URL into the menu bar icon and it will be translated using a free translation web service.
14) Yelling Robot (Free) : Yelling Robot is a personal desktop robot that gets you back on task by yelling phrases at you on regular time intervals.
15) Remote Mouse (Free) : Turn your iPhone or iPod touch into a wireless trackpad and keyboard now! You can take control of your presentations from anywhere in the room. Features: Two finger tapping for double click. Two finger dragging for scroll. Function keyboard with arrow keys. Touchpad with vertical and horizontal orientation.
16) Caffeine (Free) : Caffeine is a tiny program that puts an icon in the right side of your menu bar. Click it to prevent your Mac from automatically going to sleep, dimming the screen or starting screen savers. Click it again to go back. Right-click (or ⌘-click) the icon to show the menu.
18) Aperture ($79.99) : Aperture is the perfect application for iPhoto users who want to get more out of their photos. It includes powerful tools for refining images, showcasing your work, and managing massive libraries on your Mac. Enhanced Faces and Places provide new ways to organize images.
19) TextWrangler (Free) : TextWrangler is the leading freeware text and code editor for the Macintosh. Specifically crafted in response to the needs of Web authors and software developers, this award-winning product provides an abundance of high-performance features for editing, searching, and manipulation of text.
20) DropBook ($2.99) : DropBook is all about posting things to your Facebook profile. Just drag images, links, text onto the Facebook icon on your desktop. Incredibly easy and fast. Of course you also use DropBook to update your Facebook status. Just doubleclick the Facebook Icon, enter your new status and click “Post”.
Bonus Best Mac App Store Apps
21) MiniShadow ($4.99) : MiniShadow is a tool for Mac developers, iOS developers, bloggers and web designers. It prepares your screenshots for publishing. It’s small and powerful. Key Features: – Removes the shadow from window screenshots, the ones you can make using Cmd-Shift-4 + Space.
22) Ruler ($0.99) : Ruler is a beautiful designed pixel ruler for your Mac. It allows you to measure images, windows and other objects on your screen.