Urvashi Rautela is an Indian model and film actress. In the Year 2015, she was crowned Miss Diva Universe, and she represented India at the Miss Universe pageant 2015. Urvashi has also made an appearance in several Bollywood films. She made her appearance in Yo Yo Honey Singh’sLove Dose’ song, which was a huge hit. Urvashi Rautela is a tall and beautiful woman with a perfect physique, big brown eyes and black hair. She looks stunning on the screen. She proudly claims to be the only actoress to win maximum no of beauty titles till date.
|Date Of Birth||25-Feb-94|
|Birth Place||Kotdwar, Uttarakhand, India|
|School||DAV, Kodtar, Uttarakhand|
|College||Gargi school, New Delhi|
|Marital Status||Not Married|
|Net worth||Approximately $3.5 million|
Early life and Family: Urvashi Rautela was born on 25th February 1994 in Kotdwar, Uttarakhand. She was born into a businessman, Hindu family. Her father name is Manvar Singh, and her mother name is Meera Singh. Both her parents are engaged in some business. She also how a younger brother Yash Rautela.
Education and Qualification: Urvashi completed her schooling at DAV School, Kotdwar, Uttarakhand. She graduated from Gargi College, New Delhi. After completing graduation, Urvashi Rautela completed her diploma in acting from theNew York Film Academy’s School of Film and Acting Talent’.
Career in Pageantry: Urvashi Rautela got the first break in ‘Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week’ at 15. In 2009, she won the title of ‘Miss teen India’. As a teen model, she appeared as a showstopper for ‘Lakme Fashion Week’. She also walked the ramp at ‘Amazon Fashion Week’ held in Dubai and Bombay. In 2011, Urvashi Rautela won the titles ‘Miss Tourism’ 2011, ‘Indian Princess’ 2011 and ‘Miss Asian Supermodel’ 2007. She was the first Indian woman to win Miss Tourism Queen of the Year, 2011, held in China. The same year Urvashi was offered the movie ‘Ishqzade’, but she turned down the offer as she wanted to focus on pageantry and win the ‘Miss Universe’ pageant. In 2011, she won a special award for ‘Miss Photogenic’ in the ‘Miss Universe India’ competition 2011 but was disqualified from the pageant being underage. In 2015, she won the title of ‘Miss India Universe’ and represented India in ‘Miss Universe 2015′. However, she could not make a place.
Career in Films: In 2013, Urvashi Rautela made her debut in Bollywood with the movie ‘Singh Saab The Great’ opposite Sunny. The film was an above-average grosser at the box office. In 2014 Urvashi appeared in Yo Yo Honey Singh album ‘Love dose’ and became popular. After the album release, Urvashi debuted in the South Indian film industry with the Kannada movie ‘Mr Airavata’. The film didn’t go well and received hostile critics, but her dance sequel was praised.
Later on, Urvashi appeared in 2 Bollywood movies, ‘Great Grand Masti’ and ‘Sanam Re’, and music videos ‘Lal Dupatta’ and ‘Gal Ban Gayi’ in the year 2016. In 2017 in the movie Kaabil she appeared in the dance sequence ‘Haseeno Ka Deewan’ and was complimented for her performance. The same year she also made a special appearance in the Bangladeshi movie ‘Porobashinee’. In 2018 Urvashi Rautela appears in ‘Hate Story 4’ and was appreciated for her role. In 2019 she appeared in Pagalpanti, which was a big box office flop. The movie received unfavourable reviews. In the year 2020, Urvashi Rautela starred in ‘Virgin Bhanupriya’. Because of covid-19, the movie was released through ZEE5.
Affairs: There were rumours that Urvashi Rautela is dating Hardik Pandya. However, in one of her interviews, Urvashi denied this, stating that she is single and only has her focus on her work.
In addition, rumors of Urvashi dating Indian cricketer Rishab Pant surfaced when both were seen on a dinner date. However, the speculations crashed when Rishab shared a picture of himself with his girlfriend Isha Negi from their vacations.
Controversies: In 2012 Urvashi Rautela was disqualified from the Miss Universe India contest. It is reported, that she was asked to return the crown, as she was underage for the contest. However, the following year she participated and won many other pageants and in the year 2015, she again participated the contest and won the title.
Urvashi is often criticized on social media for copy-pasting thoughts of other celebrities. She came into limelight and was trolled when she copied John Paul thoughts on Oscar winning movie ‘Parasite’. She has also been trolled for copying tweets of Narendra Modi,.
Less Known Facts About Urvashi Rautela
- Urvashi’s initial career plan included engineering, and she was preparing for IIT exams. But she couldn’t pay attention to her studies due to her participation in a beauty contest. Finally, she dropped her plan to become an engineer and chose modelling and acting as a career.
- Former Miss Universe Sushmita Sen encouraged Urvashi, saying that she has all abilities to win the title in an international beauty pageant.
- Urvashi is a qualified dancer in various dance forms such as Kathak, Bharatanatyam, Hip-Hop, Contemporary, Belly and Broadway Jazz.
- Urvashi has been an athlete during her childhood. She is a national level basketball player.
- Urvashi Rautela has founded the ‘Urvashi Rautela Foundation’ that helps the needy with health, education and basic necessities.
- In one of her interview, the former Miss India Urvashi reveals that if she were not an actress, she would have been an IAS officer or an Aeronautics engineer.
- Urvashi is a big supporter of the ‘Save the Cow Campaign’.
- She loves reading. Her favourite book is ‘Steve Jobs’, written by Walter Isaacson.
- Her Instagram has more than 25.1 million followers.
- In her free time, she likes to do biking, water sports, yoga and dancing.
- She was a part of the eighth edition of ‘Sketchers Performance Goa River Marathon’ that was organised by Vasco sports club.
- In one of her interviews, Urvashi states that fitness is essential to achieve goals in life. One can pursue their goals, ambition and other things only if they are fit.
- Urvashi Rautela loves to run and has participated in lots of Marathon.
- Urvashi Rautela avoided the director of ‘Great Grand Masti’ Indra Kumar as she believed that the role she was being offered but not decent. However, after three months of chasing around, she finally signed the deal.
- Urvashi Rautela is a huge fan of Justin Bieber. According to a few reports, she paid a huge VIP ticket amount for the Justin Bieber concert in Mumbai. Following this, she has to face criticism for not donating this considerable amount to charity instead of spending on tickets.
- According to a report, Urvashi Rautela gate crashed Manish Malhotra party and was seen getting clicked with celebrities. She made headlines for her impromptu attendance.
- Besides the movie, Urvashi Rautela has also launched the App that provides her fans with information about her.
- Urvashi was named ‘Youngest Most Beautiful Woman’ in the universe in 2018 by the government and tourism of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Urvashi received the ‘Uttrakhand Maharatna Award’ by the chief minister of Uttarakhand in the year 2018.
Urvashi became the first Indian woman to walk the Runway on Emirati label Amato on 24th October 2020, which was showcased on the official calendar of Arab Fashion Week, an event by Dubai based Arab fashion council.