Sanjeeda Sheikh is an Indian television actress, presenter and dancer who has established herself as a popular actor in the television industry. She debuted in the TV industry as the lead role in the serial ‘Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka’ in 2005. Sanjeeda is an astonishing actress with a combination of elegance and magnificence. To date, she has worked in several soaps, music videos, web series and films.
|Real Name||Sanjeeda Sheikh|
|Date of Birth||20-Dec-84|
|Birth Place||Kuwait City, Kuwait, Middle East|
|College||Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat|
|Height||5′ 6″ Feet|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Salary||50-55 per episode|
Early Life And Education: Sanjeeda Sheikh was born on 20th September 1984 in Kuwait, Middle East. She was brought up in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. She had completed her graduation with a bachelor in arts from the Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Her father name is not known. Her mother name is Anisha Sheikh.
Marriage And Affairs: Sanjeeda Sheikh dated Aamir Ali for more than seven years. The duo started with just being friends and eventually developed feeling for each other. They started dating each other. Sanjeeda and Aamir kept their affair private for an extended period. They revealed their chemistry and togetherness in Nach Baliye 3. On 2nd march 2012, both got married in mumbai. The couple welcomed a baby girl through surrogacy on 30th August 2019 and named the baby girl ‘Arya Ali’. Since mid-2019, there are rumours that Aamir and Sanjeeda have decided to call off their marriage due to differences. They are living separately for quite some time and are about to file a divorce.
Sanjeeda Sheikh, in one of her interview, says that her current companion is only her daughter.
Currently, there are rumours that Sanjeeda Sheikh is dating Harshvardhan Rane, but Sanjeeda denied saying that they both are great friends and Harshvardhan is a brilliant human being and actor. In an interview, she stated that being an actor, she is used to rumours. She is ok with it unless it affects her work.
- In 2007 Rakhi Sawant filed an FIR against Sanjeeda Sheikh and Aamir Ali for cheating in the finals of the dance reality show ‘Nach Baliye 3’.
- In 2017, Sanjeeda’s sister-in-law Zakerabanu Zakir Hussain Bagban filed a mental and physical abuse case against Sanjeeda and Sanjeeda’s mother and brother. In her FIR, Sanjeeda Sheikh’s sister in law stated that while she was speaking with her father on the phone, Sanjeeda Sheikh, Anas Abdul Rahim Sheikh and Alisha Shaikh started yelling and beating her. Sheikh family filed a petition against this FIR in Ahmedabad high court, stating that Sanjeeda was busy shooting on the incidence day. On 30th August, the Ahmedabad high court wait granted Sanjeeda interim relief in the case
Sanjeeda Sheikh started her career as a choreographer. After completing her bachelor’s degree in Arts and completing her education, Sanjeeda went to Mumbai to help her friend on the dance learning institute’s commencement. Later, she decided to stay there, joined the dance school as a dance teacher, and started giving fusion dance training. During teaching dance, she appeared in several modelling assignments. By chance, Ekta Kapoor, a well-known show maker, saw Sanjeeda at some function and approached her with an offer to work in her daily soap. She screened for ‘Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki’ and succeeded to impress the casting team with her performance. However, Ekta Kapoor signed Sanjeeda for the lead role of Nimo for the serial ‘Kya Hoga Nimo Ka’, and Sanjeeda debuted in the industry through the serial ‘Kya Hoga Nimmo ka’ in the year 2005. After this, she appeared as a vamp in the star plus series ‘Kayamath’ in the year 2007. The same year she participated in a reality dance competition, ‘Nach Baliye 3’, with her partner Aamir Ali and won the competition. In the year 2008, she appeared in the serial ‘Kya Dil Mein Hai’. In 2014 Sanjeeda Sheikh played the lead role in ‘Ek Hasina Thi’. The serial Ek Hasina Thi was a breakthrough in her career, and she received lots of appreciation from the viewer and was acclaimed by critics. In 2016 Sanjeeda appeared in ‘Ishq Ka Rang Safed’, playing an on-screen mother of 5 years old. In 2017 she appeared in a supernatural web series, ‘Gehraiyan’, directed by Vikram Bhatt. The same year she also appeared in the TV series ‘Love Ka Intezar Hai’.
Sanjeeda Sheikh is the winner of the dance reality show ‘Zara Nach Ke Dikha’.
In the year 2008, she hosted Nach Baliye season 4.
In 2014 she participated in the Sony TV adventure show ‘Power Couple’ with her husband Aamir Ali.
Sanjeeda Sheikh has shown her acting skills in movies, including Baghban in the Year 2003. In the film Baghban, she made a cameo appearance as Milee.
She has worked in Punjabi films ‘Pankh’ and ‘Ashk’ and in the Tamil movie Poonniyin Selvan. In 2018 she was seen in the Hindi language romantic comedy movie ‘Nawabzaade’. In the year 2020, she appeared in the Hindi language thriller drama ‘Taish’. The same year she played a significant role in the Netflix Hindi language horror movie ‘Kaali Khuhi’.
- 2008 – Zee Gold Awards for Best Actress in a Negative Role Zee
- 2011 – Gold Awards for Most Stylish Actress
- 2014 – Indian Television Academy Awards for Great Performer Of The Year
- 2019 – PTC Punjabi Film Awards for Best Debut Actress
Salary and net worth: Sanjeeda Sheikh wellspring of wage incorporates acting and facilitating and dancing in reality shows. She charges about 50- 55 thousand INR for every episode. Her net worth is approximately $2 million.
Lesser Known Facts About Sanjeeda Sheikh
- Does Sanjeeda Sheikh drink alcohol or smoke – No
- Sanjeeda has a pet dog named ‘Bravo’.
- The favourite film of Sanjeeda Sheikh is ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’, and her favourite actor is Shahrukh Khan.
- Sanjeeda Sheikh hobbies include dancing and cooking.
- Sanjeeda Sheikh has appeared in numerous music videos, including Tum Aaoge, Sajda Karu, Bus Ek Bar, Ajnabee, Ruka Hoon and Kala Sohna Nahin.
- Sanjeeda Sheikh love dancing and displays commendable dancing skills.
- In the year 2013, she made a dance performance in Bigg Boss 6 finale.
She has approximately 3.5 million followers on her Instagram.