Richa Chadda is an Indian model and female actor who made a debut in Bollywood with a small role in the movie Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!
Richa Chadda is well known for her part in the movie ‘Fukrey 1’ and Fukrey 2. She has also appeared as a supporting actress in many Bollywood films. She received a Filmfare Award for her role in the movie ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’.
|Real Name||Richa Chadda|
|Birth Location||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Home Town||Delhi, India|
|Net Worth||$11 million|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Early life and Family – Richa Chadda was born on 18th December 1986 in Amritsar, Punjab, in a Hindu, middle-class family. Her father’s name is Sumesh Chadda, and her mother name is Kusum Chadda. Her father owns a management firm, and her mother is a lecturer at PGDAV College, Delhi University. She has three brothers and a sister.
Education and Qualification: Richa was brought up in Delhi. She did her schooling from ‘Sardar Patel Vidyalaya’. After completing her school education, she completed her graduation in arts from ‘Saint Stephen’s College’, Delhi. After completing graduation, she did a diploma in social communication media from ‘Sophia College, Mumbai. Before entering into films, Richa did her internship with a renowned men’s fashion magazine.
A career in Bollywood: Richa Chadda started her career in the entertainment industry as a model. After doing a few advertisements, she shifted her focus towards theatres. She made her debut in Bollywood with the movie ‘Oye Lucky Lucky Oye’ in 2008. In 2010 she made her debut in the Kannada movie ‘Nirdoshi’. In the year 2012, she appeared in the film ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’ part 1 and played the role of Nagma Khatoon in the movie. The pivotal role of Nagma Khatoon was the breakthrough, and she received Filmfare Critics Award for it. She received success by potryaing the character of Bholi Punjaban in the comedy movie ‘Fukrey’ in 2013. The same year she appeared in a supporting character in the movie Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela. She also appeared in a segment in Anthropology film titled Epilogue produced by Anurag Kashyap. The segment received a mix review In 2015, Richa appeared as the lead actress in the film ‘Masaan’, which was an Indo-French film and was screened in the Cannes Film Festival 2015. After recieving great appreaciation in the movie Massan she appeared in the biopic Charles Sobhraj in the movie Mai aur Charles and played the character of Charles girlfriend. . In 2016 she was seen in the biopic Sarabjit. however the movie did not do well but Richa received mixed reviews by the critics for her acting skills. In the year 2017 acted in the web series Inside Edge print character of a struggling actress received a positive review from the audience and the critics. she reprise the of Bholi Punjaban in the Fukrey Returns 2017. the movie was a big commercial success. After that she worked in Aur Devdas and was also seen in carbohydrate released on 9th January 2019. Richa Chadda also work for David Womark in Love Sonia. The movie was premium on 21st june 2018 at London Indian film festival. and was released in India on 14 September 2018.
Latest movies of Richa Chadda are Unpaused, Shakeela and Panga released in Year 2020 and Madam Chief Minister released in 2021.
Affairs and Love Life – Richa Chadda is in relation with the actor Ali Fazal. Earlier she dated actor Nikhil Dwivedi and Franck Gastambide the French actor.
Controversies: Richa Chadda was detained at Delhi Airport for about 2-3 hours for carrying the skincare products.
Richa was trolled on Twitter when she talked about the ‘#Selfie with daughter initiative by Narendra Modi’ in an interview. In her interview, she stated that the problems women face could not be solved by juts taking selfies. For her statement, she received lots of hate comments from the Modi fans.
Lesser Known Facts About Richa Chadda
- Richa Chadda had attended several theatre workshops in Mumbai City with Ranveer Singh, Kalki Koechlin and Gulshan before they got famous.
- During the internship period in a men’s fashion magazine, Abhay Deol refused Richa Chadda for the TV interview. Finally, she succeeded in taking an interview with Abhay Deol for the movie ‘Ahista Ahista’. Later on, she made her debut in Bollywood with the movie Oye Lucky Lucky Oye with Abhay Deol.
- Before entering the movie industry, Richa worked as a model in the showbiz industry and participated in the 2008 Gladrags Mega Model.
- She has the habit of wearing a perfume that matches the movie’s theme while shooting for any film.
- Richa has also performed plays in Pakistan.
- Richa Chadha’s mother is a writer and has written two books. Also, her mother works for ‘Gandhi Samiti’.
- In 2014 Richa Chadda posed for a ‘People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals ad campaign and posed as a Mermaid.
- Richa Chadda considers Dr. BR Ambedkar her icon.
- She has received theatre training from the famous director Barry John.
- In 2006, Richa Chadda wrote a 20 minutes documentary film called ‘Rooted in Hope’. She also directed the movie.
- Richa is a big cat lover. She has two pet cats Kamli and Jugni.
- She received the Filmfare critic’s award for the best actress for her role in the movie ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’ in the year 2012.
- Richa Chadda represented India at the Marrakech International film festival in 2015, where she was invited as a jury member alongside the famous Hollywood screenwriter and filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola.
- In the Year 2014, Richa walked the ramp for Lakme Fashion Week. The same year she also performed a play Trivial Disaster.
- In 2020 Richa expressed her support with the students victimised in the JNU attack along with other actors such as Tapsi Tanu and participated in the protest in Mumbai, Maharastra. Earlier she has also been vocal against the police crackdown on Aligarh Muslim University and Jamia Millia Islamia university student on 15 December 2019.
- Richa Chadda had endorsed many brands and has done advertisements for Tata Sky, Minute Maid, Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate, Virgin mobile and Archies gallery.
- In 2021, Richa started her own film production company along with Ali Faizal named ‘Pushing Button Studios ‘ and turned producer.
- In 2016, Richa Chadda, in an interview with NDTV, revealed that she suffered from an eating disorder, bulimia, for many years and sought professional help from a psychiatrist to get recovered. She attributed eating disorder to misogyny, male gaze and patriarchy in the entertainment industry.
- Richa family was victim of Khalistan riots and had migrated to Delhi.
- She is popularly known as Miss Fire in the Bollywood industry.
- Does Richa Chadda smoke – No
Does Richa Chadda drink alcohol – Yes