Preity Zinta: Bio, Date of Birth, Affairs, Husband, Life story, Awards and Achievements, Lifestyle And Many More
Preity Zinta is an Indian model, film producer, screenwriter, actress, entrepreneur, founder of PZNZ Media and co-founder of IPL team Kings XI Punjab. She is known for her work in several Bollywood movies. She made her acting debut in 1998 with the film ‘Dil Se’ and gained popularity after the film ‘Soldier’ released the same year. Apart from Hindi movie she has also worked in a few Telugu, Punjabi and English movies. She has also written columns for BBC News Online. Preity is active in stage performances and TV presentations. Currently, she lives in Los Angeles with her husband, Gene Goodenough.
|Birth Name||Preity Zinta|
|Date of Birth||31-Jan-75|
|Place of Birth||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Parents||Nilprabha Zinta and Durganand Zinta|
|Height||5 foot 4 inch or 1.63 m or 163cm|
|Education||Convent of Jesus and Mary,|
|Sanawar (The Lawrence School),|
|St. Bede’s College|
|Degree||English honours and postgraduate degree in criminal psychology|
|Relationships||Gene Goodenough married since 2016|
|Nett worth||$30 million or R 165 crore|
Early life and Family– Preity Zinta was born on 31st January 1975 in Rohru, Shimla district, Himachal Pradesh. Her father Durganand Zinta was an army officer in the Indian Army. Preity Zinta lost her father in a car accident at the age of 13. Her mother Nilprabha was also seriously injured in the accident and remained in the bed for two years. Preity Zinta defines this tragic accident as the turning point of a life that turned her into a mature girl beyond her age. Preity Zinta has two brothers Manish Zinta and Deppankar Zinta. Currently, Manish lives in California where are the Deepankar is an officer in the Indian Army. In one of her interviews, she revealed that during her childhood, she was a tomboy. Her father’s military background affirmed in her and her brothers the importance of punctuality and discipline.
School and College – Preity Zinta did her schooling from Jesus and Mary Boarding School, Shimla. As a student, she was in love with literature, especially poetries and works of William Shakespeare. She used to get good grades in school and loved playing sports, especially basketball, during her spare time. After graduating from the Lawrence School in Sanawar, she got the bachelor’s degree in English from St. Bede’s College, Shimla. She did her post-graduation degree in criminal psychology and after that entered into the field of modelling.
Controversies – It was reported that Preity Zinta was in the romantic link up with Shekhar Kapoor who was already married to Suchitra Krishnamurthy which caused the divorce between the married couple.
Preity Zinta filed a case against molestation on her ex-boyfriend Ness Wadia in year 2015.
Affairs and Marriage: Preity Zinta has been linked up with many celebrities. However, she denied any such relation. Initially, it was rumoured that she was in relation with director Shekhar Kapoor for a short period. She dated the businessman Ness Wadia from February 2005 to May 2009. In 2009 it is speculated that Ness slapped the actress in a party in a fit of anger and then after a few months they broke up. However, the couple never spoke publicly about their split. They remained friends and maintained a professional relationship. In 2014 Preity Zinta filed a complaint against Ness Wadia accusing him of molestation at IPL match on 30th May 2014, and things got ugly between them.
After a few love affairs and heartbreak Preity Zinta finally found her perfect life partner Gene Goodenough. Gene Goodenough is a Senior Vice President of Finance at Nline Energy. Gene Goodenough was one of the witnesses who stood strongly with Preity Zinta when she filed the molestation and abuse case against her ex-boyfriend, Ness Wadia. Preity and Gene married on 29th February 2015 in a private ceremony at Los Angeles.
Career – Preity Zinta started her modelling career after completing her post-graduation and appeared in the Perks chocolate commercial for the first time. Subsequently, she appeared in other advertisements, including one for the Liril soap. She made her debut in Bollywood from Mani Ratnam’s movie ‘Dil Se’. For her terrific performance in the movie she received Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. Later she appeared in the movies ‘Soldier’ the same year and ‘kya Kehana’. Both the films were a hit and gave her recognition in the Bollywood industry. After that, she worked in several movies. Some of her successful projects include: Sangharsh, Mission Kashmir, Chori Chori Chupke Chupke, Dil Chahta Hai, Dil Hai Tumhara, The Hero: love story of a spy, Lakshya, Koi Mil Gaya, Kal Ho Na Ho and Veer-Zaara. She was also part of top-grossing movies like Salaam Namaste and Kabhi Alvida Na Kahana.
Her first role in international cinema was in Canadian film ‘Heaven On The Earth’. For her role in the movie, she received the Silver Hugo Award for Best Actress in the year 2008 Chicago international film festival.
Preity Zinta has hosted the shows ‘Guinness World Record – Ab India Todega’ and has judged the Star Plus dance reality show ‘Nach Baliye’ in the Year 2015.
Awards and Achievement
- 1999- Best Female Debut for Soldier
- Filmfare Awards 1999 in category Best Female Debut for Dil Se & Soldier,
- 2004 – Best Actress for Kal Ho Naa Ho at
- Stardust Awards
- 2004- Star of the Year – Female for Kal Ho Naa Ho,
- 2005 – Star of the Year – Female for Veer-Zaara.
- 2010 Searchlight Best Actress Videsh
Less known facts about Preity Zinta
- Preity Zinta received a Bravery award in the year 2003. She was honoured with ‘Godfrey’s Mind of Steel Award’ in the year 2003 for her contributions in solving the case that involved Bollywood producer Bharat Shah. She received the award to stand strongly against the Underworld. She was the only witness who did not retract from her statements in the court.
- Does Preity Zinta drink alcohol – Yes
- Does Preity Zinta smoke – No
- Preity Zinta has twice escaped from death. First, she escaped the explosion in Temptation concert in 2004 in Colombo. She was in danger area when Indian ocean Tsunami took place in 2004.
- She loves to buy shoes every time she shops.
- It is her rule not to work on Sundays.
- She is the brand ambassador of Himachal Pradesh.
- Preity Zinta does not believe in any caste or religion. In one of her interview, she says that she believes in Karma and good deeds. She does not believe in going to the temple. For her, religion is very personal and is all about having faith. She believes that all religions are equal.
- Preity Zinta is the co-writer of the romantic comedy ‘Ishq in Paris’.
- She was Goodwill ambassador in India for United Nations Programs on HIV/AIDS.
- She is involved in many social activities, especially that are related to women.
- She adopted 34 girls on her 34th birthday in the year 2009
She is the owner of South African cricket team T20 Global Stellenbosch Kings since year 2017.