John Abraham is an Indian film actor, producer and model who predominantly appears in Hindi language movies. After working as a model for various companies and advertisement, he finally made his debut in Bollywood with the movie ‘Jism’ in 2003 opposite Bipasha Basu. He earned the Filmfare Best Debut Award nomination for the movie ‘Jism’. He shot fame with the movie ‘Dhoom’ portraying the role of Kabir. John Abraham has worked in many Hindi movies and has established himself as a commercially successful actor in the Bollywood industry.
|Occupation||Actor, Model and Producer|
|Date of Birth||17-Dec-72|
|Birthplace||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|Father’s Name||Abraham John|
|Mother’s Name||Firoza Iran|
|Brother’s Name||Alan Abraham|
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|College/ University||Jai Hind College, Mumbai|
|Net Worth||$20 million|
Early Life and Family – John Abraham was born on 17 December 1972 in Kochi, Kerala, India. His maternal family named him Farhan Irani. However, he uses his name John Abraham that is the reverse of his father’s name Abraham John. He belongs to a multi-religious middle-class family. John’s father is an architect. He is a Syrian Christian. John Abraham’s mother name is Firoza Irani. She is a Zoroastrian Parsi. She is a homemaker and social worker. John has a younger brother named Alan Abraham. During his teenage days, John aspired to become an architect just like his father
Education and qualification: John grew up in Mumbai. He did his schooling at Mumbai Bombay Scottish School. He did his graduation in economics from the Jai Hind college university of Mumbai. After that, he completed his MBA from Mumbai Educational Trust. During his school days, John was very active in athlete and used to participate in races. He represented his school at the district level in hundred-metre race.
A career in Acting: John Abraham debuted in Bollywood with the movie ‘JISM’ in 2003 opposite Bipasha Basu. In his next film, ‘Dhoom,’ he appeared in a negative character. The movie Dhoom was a super hit and established John as a renowned actor. In 2005, his movie ‘Water’ was a significant success. The movie ‘Water’ was based on the tragic fate of Hindu widows during the British rule of 1930’s. The movie was nominated for ‘Academy Award for Best foreign Language Film’ in 2006 at 79th Academy Award.
After that John appeared in many commercially successful movies such as ‘Garam Masala’ 2005, ‘ Babul’ 2006, ‘Taxi Number 9211’ in 2006, ‘Dostana’ in the year 2008, ‘New York’ 2009, ‘Housefull 2’ in the year 2012, ‘Welcome Back’ in 2015 and the movie ‘Dishoom’ in 2016. In 2013, John Abraham appeared as the lead character in the movie ‘Madras Cafe’ made under his production house. The movie was a big blockbuster. The same year he appeared in the movie ‘Shootout at Wadala’ which received positive reviews. A few commercially successful movies of John Abraham in year 2018 includes Satyamev Jayate and Parmanu. His movie Batla House released in 2019 was semi hit. His latest release is Mumbai Saga, 2021 John’s upcoming movie projects include Phir Hera Pheri 3 and Ek villain Returns.
Affairs and Marriage: John married Priya Runchal on 3rd January 2014 in a private ceremony. Priya and Jhon met at a gym at Bandra. Both became friends, and John fell in love with her. Priya is a Banker by profession.
Earlier, Jhon had dated Riya Sen and Bipasha Basu. He wanted to marry Ria Sen, but she rejected as she wanted to focus on her career in Bollywood. John and Bipasha dated each other for eight years after meeting on their first movie Jism sets. However, their relationship ended because of John’s interest in Priya.
Controversies: In 2010, John Abraham appeared in the singing reality show ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’ to promote his movie ‘Jootha Hi Sahi’. After the participant Sugandha Mishra’s performance, he went to the stage and kissed her. Grandfather of Sugandha Mishra did not like this act of his. Later on, John appeared again on the same show and apologized.
John Abraham once slapped his fan in September 2016 for misconduct at the launch event of the trailer of the movie ‘Force 2’.
Lesser-Known Facts About John Abraham
- John Abraham does not follow any specific religion and considers himself a profound individual.
- He is conversant in Gujarati as Mumbai is near to his mother’s side but, knows nothing of Malayalam, which is his dad’s dialect.
- John Abraham is a big gadget freak. He invented Velocity: a cell phone game that a company, ‘Small Devices’ later on programmed’.
- John is an ardent animal lover. He has two dogs named Sia and Bailey.
- He is actively involved with NGOs ‘People for Ethical Treatment of Animals’ and ‘Habitat for Humanity’.
- He is a pescetarian. He eats egg white and fish but does not eat meat.
- John Abraham is an Indian brand ambassador for Yamaha and Reebok.
- According to sources, John is planning to launch his bike racing team.
- He is a big football lover. He owns a football team, ‘North East United Football Club’. The team competes in the ‘Indian super league’.
- In the year 2016, for his movie, ‘Dishoom’ John has to smoke a lot. Lots of smoking caused many problems, and later on, he went for detox.
- Hrithik Roshan, Uday Chopra and Abhishek Bachchan are best friends of John Abraham from the Bollywood industry. They all were together in the same school.
- John Abraham replaced Akshay Kumar in the sequel of four movies Aankhen, Welcome, Hera Pheri 3 and Aawara Pagal Deewana.
- John Abraham parents are down to earth people. His father still travels by bus and his mother still travels by auto.
- John has worked as a promotion manager and media planner in Enterprises Nexus and Time Media Entertainment Promotion Limited.
- During his modelling career, he won the title of runner-up Gladrags Manhunt Super Model contest. He also won the Manhunt International contest.
- John Abraham learned the basic acting skills from Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Laboratory.
- He was to make his debut with the movie ‘Is Pyar Ko Kya Naam Dun’ in the direction of Rahul Rawail. However, the film was shelved after 70% shoot.
- John is a big lover of bikes. His first Bike was a Yamaha 350, which we bought at the age of 18 for Rs.17500.
- John was featured in Jazzy B’s Punjabi album, in which he played the character of a criminal investigator.
- At the age of 22, after watching Sylvester Stallone’s Rocky IV, he got inspired to stay fit.
- In his first movie Jism his voice was dubbed by another actor.
- John Abraham father is a cancer survivor.
- His hairstyle is the movie ‘Dhoom’ became a trendsetter among the youths.
- Movie Vicky Donor in year 2012 was the first movie office of production house. The movie was a big commercial success.
- John Abraham hates going to clubs and late-night parties in his real life.
- He is a good friend of Mahendra Singh Dhoni. He was seen wearing the jersey with the name Dhoni and number 7 in his movie Desi Boys.
- In his movie ‘Force’, John Abraham lifted a bike weighing 115 kg without any safety measures all by himself.
- John suffers from a deviated septum and also has to breathe through his mouth.
He owns a clothing brand named JA and a fitness entity called JA fitness. The name of his production house is JA entertainment.