Ankita Lokhande is an Indian television actress who earned fame with her debut role in the daily soap’ Pavitra Rishta’ and became a household name. Ankita Lokhande was one of the highest-paid Indian television actresses. She retired in 2018 from the television industry to foray into movies.
|Real Name||Tanuja Lokhande|
|Date Of Birth||19-Dec-84|
|Father||Shashikant Lokhande (Banker)|
|Mother||Vandana Pandis Lokhande (Former Teacher, Now a Homemaker)|
|Height in Centimeters||165 cm|
Early Life and Family – Ankita Lokhande was born on 19th December 1984 in Indore. She was named Tanuja Lokhande. She belongs to a Maharashtrian Hindu family. Her father, Shashikant Lokhande, is a banker, and her mother, Vandana Pandis Lokhande, is a teacher. Ankita Lokhande grew up with her younger sister Jyoti Lokhande and younger brother Sooraj Lokhande.
Education and Qualification – Ankita Lokhande did her schooling and graduation from Indore. From a very young age, she was inclined to act and used to perform in the college at Navratri festival and Ganpati Utsav.
After completing her graduation, she enrolled herself in Indore Frankfinn Institute to get trained to become an air hostess. Meanwhile, she auditioned for a talent show, ‘Zee Cinestar Ki Khoj’, and got selected. However, she did not win the show but earned the title of ‘The Best Dancer’. After that, she started modelling, did many print shoots and later on entered the television industry.
Career – Ankita debut in the television industry, playing the lead role ‘Archna’ in Ekta Kapoor’s daily soap ‘Pavitra Rishta’ in 2009. The show was a big hit; Ankita became a household name and received various television awards for her performance. In 2013 the serial ‘Pavitra Rishta’ took a leap, and Ankita Lokhande, along with playing the character of Archana, also begin playing the character of Archana’s granddaughter in the serial. The show ‘Pavitra Rishta’ went off-air in the year 2014. Beside Pavitra Rishta, in 2011, Ankita participated as a contestant on the dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhla Jaa’ season 4 with her then-boyfriend Sushant Rajput. She also made her appearance in ‘Comedy Circus’ and was a part of an episode of Ekta Kapoor’s mini series ‘Ek Thi Naykaa’ in 2013.
After Pavitra Rishta went off-air, Ankita Lokhande took a gap of two years. After the break, she debuted in Bollywood in 2019, playing Jhalkari Bai’s role in the movie Manikarnika, the queen of Jhansi. In 2020 Ankita appeared in the action thriller movie ‘Baaghi 3’ directed by Ahmed Khan.
Relationship and Affairs – Ankita Lokhande was in a relationship with Sushant Rajput (her co-star from Pavitra Rishta). They both met on the sets of Pavitra Rishta. Initially, Ankita did not like Sushant but eventually, they fall in love. Sushant also proposed Ankita on the set of Jhalak Diklaja. Both dated for around six years, and then their relationship ended in the year 2016. Rumours is that the reason behind the breakup of Ankita and Sushant Rajput was his growing friendship with a Bollywood actress.
After her breakup with Sushant Rajput, Ankita Lokhande suffered from depression. Later she found her love in the businessman Vicky Jain. Rumours about their affair started when both were spotted together in the 2017 Holi Bash. After that, Ankita Lokhande confirmed their relationship and began sharing pictures of both on her Instagram account. In 2009 after Vicky Jain purchased an 8 BHK flat in Mumbai. Since then, their upcoming marriage speculation is doing rounds on the internet. In the year 2020, Ankita shared a post on Instagram flaunting her diamond ring that surfaced the duo’s rumours.
Controversies – Ankita Lokhande slapped her then-boyfriend Sushant Rajput (then boyfriend) publicly at a party where he was drunk and was dancing weirdly with the other girls around him.
Other Facts About Ankita Lokhande
- Does Ankita Lokhande drink alcohol – yes
- Does Ankita Lokhande smoke – Not known
- Ankita Lokhande was very active in sports during school and college days and was a state-level badminton player.
- Ankita Lokhande was to make her debut in the television industry with NDTV Imagine serial ‘Bali Umar Ko Salam’, but the show got shelved for some reasons.
- Ankita Lokhande’s first salary was rupees 10,000.
- She is a good friend of many other TV celebrities such as Rashmi Desai, Jay Bhanushali, Nandeesh, Ragini Khanna and Mahi Vij.
- Ankita Lokhande was approached for the movie ‘Happy New Year’. She was replaced later by Deepika Padukone.
- She also gave an audition for Salman Khan’s movie ‘Sultan’, but Anushka Sharma bagged the role.
- Ankita was to make her debut in Bollywood through a role in Sanjay Leela Bhansali movie ‘Padmavat’ in 2018. However, Ankita left the film, replying that she was not ready for it.
- Ankita Lokhande is fond of buying shoes, diamond and makeup kit.
- Ankita Lokhande’s ex-boyfriend Sushant Rajput was found dead in his department on 14th June 2020. Ankita Lokhande has been a constant support for the late actor’s family and came to the front and talked about him, stating that it was unbelievable that Sushant Rajput was suffering from depression hand has taken his own life.
Awards and Achievement:
- 2010 – Third Boroplus Gold Award for debut in a lead role – female.
- 2010 Indian Television Academy Award for Great Face Of The Year.
- 2011 Star Guild award for Best Actress in Drama Series.
- 2011 – 4th Boroplus Gold Award for The Best Actress in the Lead Role.
- 2012 – 5th Boroplus Gold Award for Best Actress in the lead role.
- 2012 – Indian Telly Award for Television Personality of the Year.
Salary and Net Worth – Ankita Lokhande has been one of the most extravagant paid television actress. She used to get Rs. 1.5 each episode. It is expected that her total worth is $ 3 million.