Cat owners realize how valuable cat litters are. They maintain the home tidy and clear of cat smells and wastes.
Notwithstanding how good they are, cat owners grow tired of continually cleaning up cat litter tracked out of the box by their feline friends.
Non-tracking cat litter is specially formulated to reduce the dispersion of debris; some are biodegradable. These litters are composed of different materials: crystals, clay, and natural ingredients like pine.
There are many things to consider before purchasing one. Is it good for the environment? Are the substances in these non-tracking litters made from quality components? Are these litters reliable? Let’s explore these issues below.
Buying Guide of Non-Tracking Cat Litter
- Odor Control: This is arguably the most crucial factor to contemplate before buying non-tracking cat litters. It can be scented or unscented. No matter the model, it should be able to overcome cat smells and regularly from your home.
- Clumping Or Non-Clumping: Clumping or a lack thereof can influence the quality. Although non-clumping litters have their benefits, most folks find the ease of cleansing and, in most cases, better odour administration of clumping cat litter compelling. Clumping cat litter, biodegradable or non-biodegradable, is more sensitive to cracking than other versions or clumping litters. When non-clumping one track, cleaning it up is an effort in the backside related to stamping variants.
- Cat’s Preference: No matter how much you prefer a non-tracking cat litter brand or description, it is utterly useless if your cat does not like it. Some cats may choose dust-free, unscented (without fragrance), with or without baking soda, or ones with simple granules or where each granule is more flexible for their paws.
- Reduce Tracking: Felines are, by nature, spotless animals, except some mess. If your cat’s litter case is dirty and clumps are lying on it, it will dig deeper to find clean litter whenever your cat wants to do its business. And as your cat digs, chunks of cat litter inevitably get between its toes. It will cause more tracking.
- It is made of 100% natural commodities. Despite this, or presumably because of this, it has an odour control that is almost entirely the best we’ve ever tested. It retains moisture so well and very suddenly. Its main constituent is the fibres from the walnut shell. It absorbs water and reduces odours better than almost all clay, wheat, or pine types.
- Odor Control: The odour control is phenomenal. Even living in a multi-cat household effectively eliminates ammonia smells from urine and other odours.
- Clumping Action: Consumers might be excused for thinking Naturally Fresh would agree on clumping action. This litter provides super-strong clumps that are surprisingly moisture absorbent. Aside from efficiently eliminating odours, these strong clumps make cleanup effortless. The chunks are immediately scooped and settled off.
- Dust: Naturally Fresh Walnut Based Quick Clumping litter is one of the biggest praised dust-free. Hypo-allergenic traits cause breathing easier for allergic cats and their owners. In addition, it does not stick to the paws of your feline companion because of the lightness of the walnut-based litter.
- It is made for cat owners who want a natural type that does not clump but still offers one top-rated odor control. It is made of 100% pine products. Instead of clumps, it highlights tiny pellets that absorb moisture. 100% natural, this litter doesn’t possess any chemicals or additives. It is proper for feline owners and cats that suffer from allergies.
- Odor Control: It does not hold any chemicals, additives, or synthetic scents. Instead of these, it has a crisp, clean pine smell. This scent is not overpowering but wafts softly through your nose. Many cats and their owners experience this soft smell. If you are in a multi-cat home, this litter is not approved. The larger the cat’s sharing one litter, the higher its performance drops.
- Clumping Action: As registered from the product name, this is a non-clumping litter. Instead of clumps to confine moisture and reduce smells, it simply absorbs moisture. Hence, it’s not right, and it might come with some inherent drawbacks compared to some of the best ones.
- Dust: As a non-clumping litter, the pine follows quite quickly. It adheres not just to the cat’s paws but also to its fur. Dust production is also another difficulty that this litter battles.
- When all else disappoints, you can be assured that this litter neutralizes all other smells. However, we are not too persuaded about its other properties.
- Odor Control: This litter comes with its perfume to eliminate any underlying cat smells and urine odours. If you are sensitive to scent, this type can trigger your sensitivities. There’s a cause it’s “Extreme Odor Control.” The perfume smell is intense and will likely be unacceptable for many folks. However, after a couple of days, urine smells, and other cat smells can be subtly perceived.
- Clumping Action: The clumps made are rock hard. They quickly absorb moisture and waste. However, the chunks can be pretty meaningful, which can cause you to go through a box of this litter soon.
- Dust: This litter has problems with the tracking. The clumps will adhere to almost any cover: litter box surface, paws, and fur. Considering the claims of the manufacturer and the price, it isn’t very reassuring.
- Odor Control: This clay litter falls off a dry clay smell and is not formulated with synthetic scents or perfumes. Therefore, you can rest guaranteed that it will not trigger any allergies. The ammonia smell from urine is secured in the litter for days. Only after some time has lapsed do you notice any unpleasant odours. It is best for households that have many cats.
- Clumping Action: This feline litter possesses one of the most rated clumping actions. The clumps are strong and super hard. They soak up moisture quickly while maintaining their shape. As a result, smells are clasped in and cannot leave. Cleaning the clumps is easy because the chunks remain strong and are easy to dismiss. However, if you, for some understanding, let urine accumulate, the clusters become hard to remove, and scraping has to be done.
- Dust: Some bags have zero dust, while others have a pretty large volume. Notwithstanding, it still provides less dust than the preponderance of brands on the market. It faces the same difficulty common to most clay types, i.e., there’s yet tracking. However, the formulation guarantees that the tracking only transpires in the neighbourhood of the litter box.
- The natural litter World’s Best Cat litter is made from natural wood fibres and whole kernel corn. As a result, it falls off a pleasurable natural scent while blending this with good clumping action and overall impressive performance.
- Odor Control: This type emphasizes natural scents of corn and wood fibres. The lack of chemicals compromises the odour control of this otherwise effective cat litter.
- Clumping Action: The clumps that are created are hard. No matter what it gets in contact with, either waste or urine, it does a good job trapping these while retaining its rock-hard nature.
- Cleaning is easy: No moisture gets access to the sides or bottom of the litter case, so there is no requirement for unpleasant scraping.
- Dust: It does a more than adequate job of creating little dust. But since it is constructed of lightweight materials, it is susceptible to track. Again, a litter mat can help control it.
- It connects the clumping ability of conventional clay litters with the power of crystals for reducing smells. It is suitable for single cat households that want something different from traditional cat litters. It comes without any dangerous chemicals or additives and has no attached scents or dyes.
- Odor Control: The litter offers 5x more protection from odours compared with other litters. The crystals quickly dispel and smells. In addition, they prevent unpleasant odours from aggravating for multiple days.
- Clumping Action: It is non-clumping like a crystal litter. The crystals assimilate the moisture effectively and for a more extended period than others.
- Dust: This crystal litter is dust-free. Tracking is a big issue, particularly if you own a cat that loves burrowing into its trash.
Now, it will be easier for you to choose the best non-tracking litter for your cat. There are many choices available of the top brands on the market.