There are environmentally friendly alternatives to ridding an area of pigeons and other pest birds with the help of a pigeon exterminator Phoenix, AZ service. They don’t harm anything or anyone. They just rely on a pest bird’s natural instincts to keep them away.
Once a bird has moved it, it can be very difficult to get rid of them. While professional pigeon pest control Phoenix experts know how to get rid of birds in the attic, you may not have as much success.
Most people have had pigeon nests in their homes and have found them very cute as well. However, these very nests can become quite problematic.
The following are some of the ways that pigeons can cause problems and how to prevent such problems.
- Uric acid: Feces passed by birds are full of uric acid, which in large quantities can become corrosive and damage metallic objects.
- Diseases: Since birds fly from one area to another, they are susceptible to a variety of diseases that may be passed on to humans. Thus, they can cause health issues for you and your family. In fact, some birds are carriers of fungi, bacteria which can be very harmful to you, causing diseases such as salmonella, meningitis, etc.
- Nests: Birds build nests everywhere. These nests can affect the performance of air conditioners, exhaust fans, etc. Nests also make your house look untidy.
- Debris: Another way that birds can cause blockage is through the debris (in other words, feathers) which may accumulate and cause drainage problems.
- Spotting: Bird droppings appear as spots all over the places. If that is the problem that you are facing, your house will look shabby and untended.
- Slipping: As mentioned earlier, feces and debris can cause a variety of problems. They can also cause people to slip and fall.
- Noise: Birds are very noisy creatures. As such, they prevent you from concentrating on your work, household chores, etc.
Usually, birds must be evicted from the attic and all of their entry points sealed. Obviously, prevention is one of the best strategies. Any breaks or holes in your soffit, eaves, and duct-work can provide an entry point for nuisance birds.
By securing the perimeter of your attic with plywood or wire mesh, you can avoid the problem of pigeons in your attic. However, if you are already experiencing an infestation, there are a few ways you can work to get rid of them.
Your attic makes an ideal habitat for many unwanted animals including rodents and birds. While any infestation should be dealt with, birds, in general, can pose a significant nuisance as they can contaminate your attic not only with noise but bacteria and parasites as well.
While it’s fun to feed pigeons at parks and courtyards, pigeons and similar pest birds can create all sorts of problems. They cause millions of dollars in damage to buildings, facades, and mechanical structures–like air conditioning units, telephone, electrical and lighting systems.
Pigeons can also create a health hazard. Because their poop, besides being corrosive, can carry any of 60 known diseases. Fortunately, man has devised all sorts of clever pigeon and pest-bird deterrents.
And, unlike the days of old when property owners used poisons or shotguns to cull down pest bird populations, today’s methods are far more humane:
The following are some of the most common methods employed to control bird-related problems:
- Netting: The easiest and most widely used method is netting. Netting prevents the birds from nesting in your area. It is also the cheapest option as the netting is inexpensive.
- Electric wire or track: This is the use of a low voltage electric current to prevent birds from accumulating. It is most effective when placed near homing sites.
- Bird Spikes: These spikes are designed to be placed on ledges and they prevent birds from sitting on those ledges.
- Bird wire: Just like bird spikes, bird wire is designed to discourage birds from landing on buildings, etc. They are made of steel and are attached to stainless steel posts.
- Bird scare products: Originating from the scarecrow effigy in fields, such products are designed to scare birds, and have developed into more sophisticated products such as decoys, blasters, etc. The more lifelike they are, the more effective they will be.
Pigeon pest control experts can easily take care of this and even clean up the nesting material, droppings and ensure that your home is free of the bacteria, parasites and other pathogens associated with birds.
Author Bio: Digvijay Singh Kanwar is a professional Content writer and Digital marketing expert and he loves to write about Finance and Health based Articles. For more details you can contact him via digvijaykanwar96 @gmail.com