Snapchat has become one of the mainstream video and photo sharing applications of today. Along with the photo and video sharing, this platform also allows us to add text and share these videos and pictures with friends. The only catch in using this application is that the friends who receive the message are allowed to view the message for a few seconds only. This makes it a little inconvenient for the users. To be specific the messages sent are only meant to be displayed for 10 seconds and then they are permanently deleted.
More About Snapchat Application
Snapchat is one of the widely used mobile applications that can support both iOS and Android devices. Through this app, you can communicate with your friends using Snapchat with photographs or videos along with the text. These texts appear on the messenger just for few seconds and then get deleted permanently from the messenger of both sender and receiver. Till the last update, there was no option to retrieve these deleted messages, however, the new update comes with many interesting features.
Video-Sharing With Snapchat
Snapchat by far is one of the fastest media to share the videos with friends. The most interesting part of this application is that you are provided with the control to decide on how long these messages should appear on your and your friend’s messenger. For this, all you have to do is set the timer (available to choose up to 10 seconds) and sent it to your friends. Easy and cool, right?
Snapchat & The New Update | Can You Retrieve Deleted Messages?
In case you are looking to retrieve deleted Snapchat messages, you are in luck. There is an option to retrieve the deleted messages. This indeed is the most unique and interesting feature of this application. The new update, as we mentioned before comes with the option to retrieve the deleted pictures and videos. Without wasting any more time, let’s discuss how can you actually recover data on Snapchat.
How to retrieve Snapchat messages | Both Android & iOS Method
There are different procedures to recover data on Snapchat for android and iOS.
Check out some amazing alternatives to Snapchats.
How to Recover Snapchat Messages on Android Using Laptop/PC?
To recover the Snapchat messages on an Android device, all you have to do is use the FoneLab tool on your PC/Laptop. This is the tool that is designed to help retrieve the deleted Snapchat messages. Here is how you can use this tool –
Steps to Follow to Retrieve Snapchat Messages –
- Download the FoneLab Tool used as the recovery tool for Windows PC or Mac
- Go to settings > Enable the USB debugging mode
- Use USB cable > connect your phone to the computer or laptop
- Once connected, the FoneLab program will start detecting your android device.
- Go to Android data recovery > Select “Contacts & Messages”
- Your phone will be rooted once you select the option
- All deleted messages will be retrieved.
- Select the messages you want to retrieve and press the recover button
How to Recover Snapchat Messages on iOS Using Laptop/PC?
The same tool, FoneLab is used to recover the messages on iOS devices. All Apple users can also follow certain steps to retrieve the messages.
Steps to follow to recover Snapchat messages from iOS devices –
- Download the FoneLab tool on your PC/Laptop
- Connect your Apple phone to your computer with the help of USB cable
- Start the Scan button once the phone is connected.
- Press the “Start Scan” button.
- Once, the scanning is complete all you have to do is select the section from the many that you want to be recovered including “Snapchat Messages”.
- Select all the deleted messages you want to be recovered Once started, select the destination folder and wait until the messages are recovered.
Direct Methods to Retrieve Deleted Messages on Snapchat
First Method For Recovering Deleted Data On Snapchat
Even if the messages on Snapchat appear only for a few seconds, still as we have mentioned before that there are ways to recover the deleted data. The entire data of Snapchat is stored in the device’s memory with a .nomedia extension. This is the extension that reflects that this data is disregarded by all other apps. In simple words, when stored with the extension .nomedia, it is like there is no file in existence. However, as they are there, it is clear that the data still exists and you can retrieve it, here’s how –
Step 1 – Go To File Manager
- In case you are looking to recover the data of Snapchat, all you need to do is rename the files to remove the .nomedia extension.
- For this, you have to use a file manager application on your device. So, download one if you don’t have one.
- All the Apple users will have to jailbreak the phone to find a suitable file manager. This is the reason why we don’t recommend this method.
Step 2 – Rename All The Files To Remove .nomedia extension.
- Go to file manager
- Select every message to rename them and remove the extension. This will allow other applications to index the data.
- Walla! All you have to do then is dig deep to retrieve the data.
Second Method – Using Dumpster Application
Other than renaming the files to retrieve the data of Snapchat, there are several other methods that one can use including the use of Dumpster Applications. There are many dumpster applications that one can easily download from the Google Playstore for free. These apps work as the recycle bin which further helps to retrieve the Snapchat messages.
- Install the Dumpster application on your Android device
- Open Snapchat pictures/videos
- Go to the Dumpster Applications. Here you will be able to get all the snap pictures or videos.
- All you have to do is turn ON the Dumpster app so that all the messages, pictures and videos start getting added to the application.
The Catch – This method of recovering the Snapchat messages works only of the photos and videos are not opened before.
We hope that you found the complete information about the means to recover the Snapchat messages including pictures, videos, and texts. We, above have mentioned 4 different methods including the direct approach and the approach that includes Laptop/PC. Hopefully, after reading this, you will be able to recover all Snapchat messages.