Microsoft Outlook Disconnected Issue | How To Resolve It Using Your Laptop Or PC?
This is no surprise that most of the people today are interested in setting up their own startup companies. Where starting a new company might be challenging, there, it becomes even more challenging to maintain it efficiently. Here in this piece, we are going to discuss all “Microsoft Outlook”. This is one of the most commonly used Microsoft offered programs that is used by several startup organizations and companies. Microsoft Outlook is an E-mail that is used for client and personal information management (PIM). It is a part of Microsoft’s office suite and has become quite famous.
There is a lot more that one can do using Microsoft outlook besides emails like calendaring, contact talents, and task management. Being an integral part of several organizations, imagine if Microsoft outlook stops working. It will be a disaster. Here is how you can resolve Microsoft Outlook ‘Disconnected” issue. Before jumping right into answering this, let’s discuss a little more about Microsoft Outlook.
Microsoft Outlook | The Smart Information Manager
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most commonly used email systems used both for internal as well as external communications. It is a desktop-based email client that allows one to sync the email ids to send and receive emails. This MS Outlook is known for having the best user interface with efficient services and high-speed. This program allows the organization to exchange server & MS SharePoint server allowing the employees to book, manage & share calendars, and share corresponding addresses. Some additional features also include shared mailboxes as well as folders and coordinating meetings. This tool is not only good for small organizations but is also great for large enterprises.
Some Interesting Features of Microsoft Outlook
- Email Management
- Calendar Management
- Task Management
- Contacts Management
- Journal & Web Browsing
- Note Taking
Check These Reasons Why Your Business Needs To Choose Microsoft Azure.
How To Resolve The Microsoft Outlook Disconnected Issue?
Clearly, MS Outlook is one of the most important programs in an organization. If this stops working, it will clearly have a really bad impact on the business. This is the reason why it becomes important to keep the program up and running. In case, you encounter the ‘Disconnected’ issue in your MS Outlook, you will stop receiving and sending the emails. Luckily, you can easily resolve this issue using some simple methods. These methods are –
1st Method – Hit Restart
MS Outlook ‘Disconnected’ is one of the common errors faced by a user. To help resolve this problem, one of the methods is to restart your PC/Laptop. This must be the first thing that you must do on encountering the disconnected error. What it actually does is help boost up and launch the MS Outlook application. Mostly, the error is resolved once you restart the system.
2nd Method – Ping The Server
If restarting the system doesn’t work and you still are flashed with the same error, you must try pinging the server. What is Ping? Ping is basically a command that is available in an OS and is usually used in determining whether there is some issue in the server or a host. This actually helps figure out the network connection including the one with the internet and other with the systems.
Follow the steps below to exchange the server –
- Go to the Start, then access the Run utility on the system
- Type ‘CMD’ – Click ‘OK’
- A command window will open
- Type command – ‘Ping followed by the name of exchange server’ -Press Enter
- Ping utility will run for a few seconds and will display the results as responses
- If you get the ‘Request Timed Out’ response, it depicts that the issue is related to network connectivity or the exchange server.
- To fix the issue, all you need to do is contact with the server team.
- If you receive the response back in some packets as ‘Sent=4, Received=4, Lost=0’, there is no issue with the server or network and you can simply check the LAN Cable or network connectivity.
Third Method – Check LAN Account Password Settings
If both restart and Ping methods fail. Her is an alternative to them. In this method, you need to ensure that your Microsoft outlook account works fine. For that, you need to verify the Active Directory (LAN) account password settings. Using this, you will be able to check whether your account has expired or suspended.
Follow these steps to check the LAN Password Settings –
- Check your domain account. Verify if your password has expired or still working.
- Take the permission of your clients to reset the password, if they agree reset it.
- Get access to the active directory & click on ‘Users’.
- Click on the ‘Reset Password’ option.
- Enter the new password and confirm the same by re-entering it.
4th Method – Use Safe Mode To Run The Microsoft Outlook Application
Another method to resolve the ‘Disconnected’ issue in MS Outlook is to simply run it in the safe mode. Here is how –
- Go to Start menu – Access the Run program
- In Run, type ‘outlook.exe/safe’ and then click Ok.
- In case of any issues due to Add-ons installed on the system- Disable unnecessary & redundant add-ons.
- Restart the application & check if the issue is resolved.
5th Method – Check The MS Outlook in Offline Mode
If you face the Disconnectivity issue in Microsoft Outlook, here is one of the methods to resolve the same. In many situations, it is very common that MS Outlook goes into offline mode. Most of the people tend to forget to get the application back online. Here is how you can turn Microsoft Outlook back online –
- Open the Outlook Application
- Click ‘Disconnected’ message on the bottom right corner
- The menu will pop out – uncheck the ‘work offline’ checkbox.
These three simple steps will resolve the ‘Disconnected’ issue in your Microsoft Outlook.
Mentioned in this article are 5 different methods that one can pick when looking for answers to the question ‘How to resolve Microsoft Outlook ‘Disconnected’ issue?’. We hope that your problem is resolved after reading this article. Do let us know if you have any other method you want to add.