Hardware requirements for Windows 10 version 21H1 published. Microsoft has announced the requirements for the upcoming Windows 10 feature update 21H1 for its associates in the professed Windows Hardware Compatibility Program (WHCP). Nothing has modified since version 19H2 – that is, for two years.
It is also interesting for end-users because it is clear that anyone who could use the previous versions from 1909 can update their hardware to the upcoming update to version 21H1.
No variations in the hardware compatibility program for the company also means no changes in the CPU requirements. We have therefore attached the list of supported processors for version 1909 after the article.
The table in the Windows hardware compatibility program also functions beyond the CPU specs.
Release of Windows 10 version 21H1 (WHCP)
Windows 10, version 21H1 does not update the Windows Hardware Compatibility Program and follows the same pattern as 1 previous feature updates. Please find below more details regarding all relevant WHCP activities. Activities associated with the Windows Hardware Compatibility Program (WHCP):
- WHCP requirements – No change. Windows 10 version 2004 conditions still apply to Windows 10 version 21H1 release.
- Hardware Laboratory Kit (HKL) – No change. Since the WHCP requirements also pertain to Windows 10, version 21H1, the HVAC requirements also continue unchanged. There won’t be a new variant of HVAC in Windows 10 version 21H1. While both Windows 10 variant 2004 and the 21H1 operating system can fit for Windows 10 version 2004, it is recognized that they are eligible for Windows 10 version 2004.
- Errata – No modification. All errata for Windows 10, variant 2004 is still adequate for Windows 10, version 21H1.
- HVAC playlist – No change. The 2004 version HLK playlist can be utilized for both Windows 10 version 2004 and version 21H1.
- Driver signature – No modification. Drivers that satisfy all applicable Windows 10 version 2004 specifications are digitally signed with the same signature attributes.
- Filing – No change. Both Windows 10 variant 2004 and 21H1 OS can be utilized for WHCP filing.
- WHCP Qualification – Windows 10 Version 2004
- Required OS Version – Either Windows 10 Version 2004, 20H2 or 21H1
- HVAC revision – 2004 HVAC revision
In the list, Microsoft primarily compares with the first features update from 2020. However, the group has not changed anything fundamental since the change from 19H2 to the upcoming 21H1.
Processor Table Windows Client Edition for 19H2
- Windows 10 version 1909
- Intel: Up to and including the tenth generation of Intel processors (Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / i9-10xxx) and Intel Xeon E-22xx, Intel Atom (J4xxx / J5xxx and N4xxx / N5xxx), Celeron and Pentium processors. Intel Xeon processors are supported on Windows 10 Pro for Workstations and only on Windows 10 Enterprise.
- AMD: Up to and including the seventh generation of AMD processors (A-series Ax-9xxx & E-series Ex-9xxx & FX-9xxx); AMD Athlon 2xx processors, AMD Ryzen 3/5/7 3xxx, AMD Opteron and AMD EPYC 7xxx. AMD Opteron and AMD EPYC processors are supported on Windows 10 Pro for Workstations and Windows 10 Enterprise.
- Qualcomm: Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 and 8cx