Yesterday, Amazon made an announcement regarding software update for Kindle and Kindle DX. The software update 2.5 has already started rolling out to a small group of Kindle users and most probably will go for a broad release in May 2010.
As the software update is compatible with both Kindle and the Kindle DX. The most noticeable feature is that you can now share books passages with your Facebook and Twitter’s friends. I believe that Amazon also want to come in ever growing social networking platform with integration of Facebook and Twitter into their e-book readers.
With integration of Facebook and Twitter in Kindle and the Kindle DX, software update 2.5 also comes with 6 handy features which will surely gonna make user experience more better. Let’s see new features of latest Amazon software update :
1) Collections : You can now organize your books and documents into one or more collections.
2) PDF Pan and Zoom : You can now easily zoom into PDF document and pan around to easily view small print and detailed tables or graphics.
3) Password Protection : Protect your Kindle book reader with a password when you are not using it.
4) More Fonts and Improved Quality : Two new larger font sizes and sharper fonts are coming for comfortable reading experience.
5) Facebook and Twitter Posts : Now you can share your favorite book passages with your facebook and twitter’s friends.
6) Popular Highlights : See what the Kindle community thinks are the most interesting passages in the books you’re reading.
The new software updates for your Kindle devices will come in batches. It will be automatically updated and installed in your device when you come in contact with wireless connection.