Did you know that your iPhone is one of the most expensive accessories you own? And what about all the money youíre wasting on repairs because of it? The reality is, despite being one of the most popular gadgets in the world right now, there are a lot of hidden costs involved with owning an iPhone. Why? Because there are so many places where theyíre exposed to potential scratches and nicks every single day. Keep reading to find out more.
There are a few simple ways to prevent your iPhone from getting scratched. Here are our top picks.
- Always keep your device in a case. Cases or mobile skin templates are essential when it comes to protecting your phone from potential damage. They offer a layer of protection between your iPhone and the outside world. The good news is that they donít impair the design of your device or the functionality of the ports and buttons. Thatís why we recommend getting a case for your iPhone even if you donít use it as an accessory.
- Keep your device dry and clean. Donít let your phone stay in a sweaty pocket or in a puddle on the ground. Clean it with a damp cloth if necessary, and avoid using sprays that leave behind residues.
- Avoid using nail polish. It might seem harmless, but using nail polish on your iPhone is a huge no-no. Itís a porous surface, and nail polish dries quickly. Once it does, itís almost impossible to remove. So over time, itíll leave behind residues thatíll make your device look dirty and damage it.
- Avoid sharp objects. Keep all sharp objects away from your phone. That includes pens and pencils, as well as anything thatís been used to cut food. Even paper clips can scratch your phone if theyíre used with enough force.
- Use a microfiber cloth for dust and dirt. A microfiber cloth is a great way to clean your iPhoneís screen and other parts. You can use it to wipe dust off the phone, or clean it with a damp cloth. Donít use a cotton swab, which can leave behind residues.
- Store your phone safely. We recommend keeping your iPhone somewhere itís out of the way and not easily accessible. That way, youíre less likely to jam your finger or a pen into the headset port and scratch your phone. You can also use a protective bag to keep your phone out of harmís way.
A sturdy case is a must-have if you plan to keep your iPhone dry or use ar vinyl skin template. Water, sand and just about every other substance you can find on the beach will damage your phone. The best way to avoid this is to keep it dry whenever possible. A waterproof case can give you this protection while keeping your phone dry. A case also protects your phone from minor damage and wear and tear. The iPhone is a very easy device to damage if you arenít careful. High-impact activities like dropping it or throwing it against a wall can cause damage. A case can prevent this kind of damage. A good case is made of a durable material that resists scratches and scuffs. It should also be lightweight and easy to carry around.
A water-damaged iPhone is a costly problem to have. So how can you keep your phone safe from water damage? Simple: keep it dry. Dry your phone immediately after using it in the rain, or when itís been sprayed with water. And donít just let it sit on a towel or in a puddle. Instead, dry it with a cloth. A dirty phone is just as dangerous as a water-damaged one. Dirty phones are more prone to getting scratches and nicks because theyíre covered in grime thatís hard to clean. To keep your phone looking like new, rinse it with a damp cloth and allow it to air dry completely before putting it away.
Using nail polish on your iPhone is a bad idea. Itís a porous surface, and nail polish dries quickly. Once it does, itís almost impossible to remove. So over time, itíll leave behind residues thatíll make your phone look dirty and damage it. If you must use nail polish, make sure itís clear. That way, you wonít be able to see the residue thatís left behind. In addition, try painting your nails instead of keeping your phone in your hand. That way, you donít risk damaging your phone.
Keep all sharp objects away from your iPhone. That includes pens and pencils, as well as anything thatís been used to cut food. Even paper clips can scratch your iPhone if theyíre used with enough force. To keep your iPhone safe from scratches, keep it away from sharp objects. That includes in your pocket, on your desk and in your bag.
A microfiber cloth is a great way to clean your iPhoneís screen and other parts. You can use it to wipe dust off the phone, or clean it with a damp cloth. Donít use a cotton swab, which can leave behind residues. When using a microfiber cloth, always use it on its clean side. Never swipe a dirty part. Doing so will not only damage your iPhone but also transfer the dirt from the cloth to your phone. When cleaning your phone, never use water or other liquids. Instead, use a dry microfiber cloth to remove dust, fingerprints and other residue.
Your iPhone is an incredibly expensive accessory. Itís one of the most popular gadgets in the world, and yet itís also one of the most vulnerable. Why? Because itís made of glass and aluminum, two easily broken materials. If you take care of it, your iPhone will last you a very long time. However, if you donít take care of it, it could break at any time. Scratches on your iPhone could be prevented with a sturdy case, keeping it dry and clean, and avoiding sharp objects.