Importance of Interpersonal Communication Skills at Workplace
Interpersonal communication is the exchange of ideas, information and emotions between sender and receiver verbally or non-verbally. It includes not only verbal speech but also your facial expression, body language and written text. Dancing and singing may also be a way to communicate.
Man is a social animal and cannot work alone but needs someone to share his or her feelings and thoughts. Isolation makes a man stressed and anxious.
Polished communication skill is essential in forming connections and establishing strong relationships with your partner, friends, co-workers and relatives. It also benefits your growth and development and helps in solving inevitable problems in professional and private life.
Interpersonal communication is essential to turn your goals into reality. These small social efforts make it easy to make tough decisions through goal-oriented conversations.
Interpersonal relationship between the employees results in teamwork synergy and productivity. Communication between the co-workers at the workplace make operations efficient and teamwork easier. It is the core of the success of any organisation.
Read below how interpersonal communication brings changes in your life.
Benefits of Interpersonal Communication skill
1. Teaches How to Work Smart –
More than hard work, your visible skills matter. To be successful, you need to work smart. Exhausting yourself at the workplace does not go a long way. Better, spend your time and energy on interpersonal communication and high investment tasks to bring outstanding results. No, we are not saying to have a chitchat with your colleagues during office hours but to have skilful discussions with your boss so that he could see your effort and interest in opportunities you are working.
2. Higher Pay – If you have excellent interpersonal communication, you can build a long-lasting relationship with your clients and shows your investment. In the present scenario,, the business leaders are in search of professionals who are not only qualified and know what to do but also how to do. Interpersonal communication will give a better picture of you as an employee. At the time of review, your communication skills show how much you are interested in the company, serious regarding your work life and how great your efforts are at the job. Always remember your promotion depends on review and promotion means high pay.
3. Strong First Impression – First impression is the last impression. This is why it is imperative to build a strong impact in an interview or your first meeting with the client. Your first impression on a client or your boss affects your job, relationship with the client and achievement of goals for coming years. Along with the answers during an interview, your smile, handshake, introduction and display of your interest in the job tells your potential.
Your interview or your first meeting with your client is similar to a first date where every bit your body language affects the expectation of your boss or client, which decides whether the relationship will be long term or end short.
3. Make More Friends – Interpersonal skills reveal your confidence. Thoughts exchanged with your colleagues during lunch hours, happy hours, builds a relationship and helps in the growth of your reputation. Talk about anything you like to do off-hours and ask about their likes and dislikes. Nevertheless, be sure to question your co-workers and listen to their ideas. This will sparks interest in your co-workers. Besides, interpersonal communication with your co-workers is an effective way to build networks and spark new ideas. I will suggest not to always bringing work into your conversation.
4 – Makes you Feel Better and Happy – Not always you get a job of your choice. Not always, it will be the best day of your life. When the time is tough, talking with people around makes you feel better and gives you a chance to analyse and explore your power.
5. Increase your Confidence – Interpersonal communication helps you relate with other people at the interpersonal level. The art of choosing the words and lines to communicate with your partner and co-workers is essential because or it may result in misunderstandings and disagreements. If your communication skills are perfect and capable, you can put your ideas and feelings confidently.
6. Allows Discussing Problem– An employee has to encounter different types of problem in the course of their work. A person who works in isolation is incapable of solve solving those problems. Communication with your colleague’s helps you discuss the issue as well as weigh the cons and pros of alternative solution to arrive at the optimal one.
Interpersonal communication includes patience, active listening, collaboration, sympathy, adaptability, problem-solving, conflict resolution, as well as diplomacy and leadership. These qualities bring tolerance and understanding and thus prevents the initiation of any argument. These qualities may be inherited or acquired through experiences. With a little practice, you can polish your communication skills to transpose and transmute across every spectrum of your life
We will soon update our article with tips to improve interpersonal communication skills. Keep reading.