The modern skincare routine is getting tech-savvy with this amazing trend of LED skincare. Skincare enthusiasts have been snapping up a newer type of mainstream DIY LED Skincare. Nobody would have ever thought that lights and colors could assist us in treating our fine lines, wrinkles, and acne on our skin.
Thanks to celebrities and influencers on social media, these light-therapy gadgets have gained immense popularity amongst netizens. We adore how beauty trends are becoming an integral part of our lifestyle, beginning with Korean skincare and skinalism.
An LED mask might be your skincare secret for radiant and rejuvenated skin. Stay tuned to know more about the dermatologist’s view on these masks and how they work before investing in one to bid adieu to your skin woes.
What is LED Light Therapy?
In LED Light therapy, our skin is exposed to a specific color band of light or wavelength that is most commonly blue or red light for some period to take a biological action on the skin cells or skin tissues. LED stands for light-emitting diode.
How does an LED mask work?
Changes are triggered in our skin at the molecular level via the light emitted by the LED mask. Each mask has a different spectrum of the wavelength of light that can penetrate our skin cells and tissues. Each spectrum of light produces different colors to target various skincare concerns.
Red light has been specifically designed to enhance blood circulation and stimulate the production of collagen. This is an efficient way to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Fine lines and wrinkles are caused by the loss of collagen in the body. Collagen is lost due to sun damage and aging. Predire Paris luxury skincare reviews anti-aging formulas are also quite promising to boost collagen production.
Blue light is known to target the bacteria that result in acne-prone skin. Blue light works efficiently to stop the vicious cycle of acne breakouts. These are the most popularly used colors. There are other colors, too, like green to reduce pigmentation and yellow for reducing redness.
Tech Skincare is the new skincare regime trend
With the newest trend of LED light therapy, skincare is now tech-approved. This newest modern skincare method is all about getting glowing, radiant skin using LED light.
NASA was the first to use this LED light therapy to assist astronauts in healing muscles and skin damage. But dermatologists use them now to treat skin concerns. Various home devices can also be found in the market for boosting skin and collagen production.
Role of Colors in LED light Therapy
Depending on your skin concern, different colors play different roles in treating your skincare woes.
- Greenlight is known to treat dark blemishes, hyperpigmentation, and it calms the skin.
- Yellow light has been effective in treating wrinkles, fine lines, and it also assists in boosting collagen production that helps in skin rejuvenation.
- Red light has been quite efficient at working on inflammation for aging concerns and rosacea.
- The blue light targets the antibacterial properties that assist in the treatment of acne and control the production of oil produced by the skin. It also helps to reduce the inflammation produced in the oil glands.
Pros and Cons of LED Skincare
- Hair growth is stimulated as it boosts scalp circulation.
- It’s quite easy to use.
- Proven treatment for acne and benefits overall skin health.
- It can be used on all skin types, so it is a skin-friendly therapy. The therapy can be used for various skin concerns and the treatment of fine lines, wrinkles, and acne.
- LED therapy is expensive.
- It’s not considered safe if you are under certain medication or are suffering from any active skin condition.
- Not all LED devices have the strength to stimulate skin cell escalation.
Confidence Level: No Filter
LED masks are the best tech-savvy devices that have been created to target acne breakouts and kill the bacteria causing them. It also assists in stimulating the production of collagen, showing some promising results in healing your skin from various skin concerns.
All these reasons are enough to ensure that this newest trend is here to stay due to its effectiveness in treating fine lines, hyperpigmentation, blemishes, wrinkles, acne-prone skin, and much more.
Keep in mind to take proper precautions while practicing LED skincare, wear eye protection and follow all the directions to stay safe while caring for your glowing, dewy, and radiant skin.