Top 15 MBA colleges offering best jobs in 2021 placements
Whenever we talk about the MBA colleges across the country, IIMs remain our top priority most of the time. But with time, many other management colleges are making it to the top. Several IIMs and other top B-schools in India like IIFT, FMS, MDI, SPJIMR, IMT-Ghaziabad have recently concluded their final placement process for session 2020.
In case you are amongst the one who is planning to do an MBA soon, then check out the job placements report which will encourage you to apply. of IIMS and other renowned B-Schools. Read further to know about the placements at the top management institutes in India.
Top 15 MBA Colleges in India – Placement Details
Here we will share brief details on the average salary package of 15 top MBA colleges in India. Check the key highlights of the placement process across institutes for the year 2020 are mentioned below:
|Rank||India Based Top MBA Colleges||Average starting package||Tuition Fees||Entrance Exams|
|1||IIM Ahmedabad||INR 25.83 lakh||INR 23 lakh||CAT/GMAT|
|2||IIM Bangalore||INR 24.54 lakh||INR 23 lakh||CAT/GMAT|
|3||IIM Calcutta||INR 27.90 lakh||INR 27 lakh||CAT/GMAT|
|4||XLRI Xavier School of Management||INR 24.30 lakh||INR 20 lakh||XAT/GMAT/CAT|
|5||Indian School of Business (ISB)||INR 24.35 lakh||INR 24.54 lakh||GMAT/GRE|
|6||SPJIMR Mumbai||INR 22 lakh||INR 17.50 lakh||GMAT/CAT/XAT|
|7||IIM Indore||INR 20.79 lakh||INR 16 lakh||CAT/GMAT|
|8||IIM Lucknow||INR 24 lakh||INR 14.16 lakh||CAT/GMAT|
|9||FMS Delhi||INR 23.20 lakh||INR 1.92 lakh||CAT/GMAT|
|10||IIFT Delhi||INR 18 lakh||INR 17.25 lakh||IIFT/ GMAT|
|11||IIM Kozhikode||INR 20.67 lakh||INR 19 lakh||CAT/GMAT|
|12||NMIMS School of Business Management||INR 17.79 lakh||INR 19.76 lakh||NMAT/GRE/GMAT|
|13||MDI Gurgaon – Management Development Institute||INR 19.17 lakh||INR 16.00 lakh||CAT/GMAT|
|14||NMIMS School of Business Management||INR 10.50 lakh||INR 19.76 lakh||NMAT/GMAT/GRE|
|15||IIT Kharagpur||INR 16.11 lakh||INR 9 lakh||CAT/GMAT|
For the year 2020, more than 153 firms participated in the IIM Ahmedabad placements and offered 182 jobs to MBA graduates. Some of the main recruiters that offered top placements include McKinsey, Boston Consulting Group, and Tata Consultancy Services.
- Accenture gave the maximum number of job offers that is 23.
- The maximum salary offered during 2020 MBA placements at IIM Ahmedabad was INR 70.00 LPA.
- The average salary offered was INR 25.83 LPA.
- The international salary offered was INR 83.51 LPA.
During the final placement process at IIM Bangalore, close to 430 students got appointed by different companies. The maximum number of job offers were made in the Consulting sector, followed by IT and General Management.
The MBA graduates’ average salary package was INR 26.18 lakh per annum; however, the international salary offered was INR 32.30 lakh per annum.
Compared to the previous year, IIM Bangalore witnessed a steep decline in international salary, in the 2019 MBA placements, the maximum international salary package was INR 62.30 lakh per annum.
- The average international salary given was INR 32.10 LPA, while the median international wage was INR 26.00 LPA.
- The average domestic salary was INR 26.18 LPA.
- Total companies that took part in the placement round were 120.
This year, the final placement process at IIM Calcutta was held for three days. Close to 500 offers were given to 439 students. The average salary offered in 2020 to the MBA graduates was INR 27.90 lakh per annum, an increase by INR 2.50 lakh as compared to the previous year. The maximum salary offered was INR 80 lakh, an increase of INR 8 lakh from last year.
During the placement process in 2020, Finance and Consulting sectors were the primary recruiters who gave maximum job offers to almost 50% of graduates.
- The maximum salary package offered was INR 80.00 LPA, while the average salary offered to the graduates was INR 27.90 LPA.
- The median salary offered was INR 25.50 LPA.
- At IIM Calcutta, for the year 2020, a total of 492 offers were made.
- Some of the primary recruiters that took part in the placement round include McKinsey & Co, Bain & Co, Kearney, PricewaterhouseCoopers, the Boston Consulting Group, and Accenture.
IIM Indore witnessed 100 per cent placement as all the MBA graduates got decent placements. The maximum salary offered was INR 50 lakh per annum while the average domestic salary was INR 22.92 lakh per annum.
No international offers were made at IIM Indore in 2020. Some of the leading recruiters in 2020 include Aditya Birla Sun Life, DHFL Pramerica, Shriram Life Insurance, Airtel, Amazon, American Express, MakeMyTrip, PayTM, Boston Consulting Group, among others.
Key highlights include:
- The maximum highest salary offered was INR 50.00 LPA.
- The average salary offered was INR 22.92 LPA, while the median salary offered was INR 22.00 LPA.
- Total job offers made 160, which include two international job offers as well.
FMS Delhi is among the top B Schools from where pursuing an MBA course will offer higher ROI. For the year 2020, FMS Delhi witnessed an 11 per cent surge in the average salary offer last year. The average salary offered to MBA graduates in 2020 was INR 25.60 lakh per annum, increasing from INR 23.30 lakh per annum provided in 2019.
- A total of 234 offers were made to 219 MBA students. Consulting and General Management sector made maximum offers (close to 100) followed by Sales and Marketing (74).
- The highest salary offered was INR 58.60 LPA, while the average salary offered was INR 25.60 LPA.
- The median salary offered to MBA graduates was 23.40 LPA.
- A total of 219 students participated in the FMS Delhi placements round.
- The total number of offers made were 234, which includes some pre-placement offers as well.
- Some of the prominent participants at FMS placement rounds include Accenture Strategy, Airtel, Flipkart, Kearney, McKinsey & Company.
Of 20 IIMs, 14 are included in the top 60 list of management institutes in India as per NIRF 2020. While the other management institutes like MDIs and FMS are at par with the top IIMs. In case you plan to do an MBA course, there are many options to choose.
The average salary offered to the MBA graduates was INR 23 Lakhs PA. The average tuition fee for the colleges mentioned above is close to INR 10.7 Lakhs PA. But students can expect one thing post completing a management degree, which is a higher ROI.
All those who are eyeing to join the MBA institutes in India must study harder to expect good things after completion. So, chase your dreams and all the best!