YourPhone.exe process in the Windows 10, PC keeps running in the background is, then nothing to worry.
It’s not a virus. It is rather an official Microsoft app that can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. This app helps connect PC and the smartphone, thus helping you to manage smartphone data easily.
Hence, user can disable the app when he or she want. The only issue about the given app is, the app keeps running in the background which leads to using up a large amount of system memory.
So, if user doesn’t require the app, the best is to disable it. Let’s check it how.
YourPhone.exe Windows 10 : Disable Through Privacy Settings
- Step 1: Press on Start for selecting Settings from the menu.
- Step 2: Tap on Privacy in the Settings window.
- Step 3: On the left side of the pane in the Privacy settings window, user will have to scroll down to the App permissions for selecting Background apps.
- Step 4: After the above step, move to the right side of the pane to under Select that apps run in the background, scroll down to locate Your Phone. Then move the switch to the left to switch it off.
Now, you must not see the YourPhone.exe process running in the Task Manager again. When you want to rerun it, simply turn it on.
However, if user wishes to uninstall the app, user would require to run a PowerShell command.
YourPhone.exe Windows 10 : Uninstall Using Windows PowerShell
- Step 1: Right-tap on Start for selecting the Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the menu.
- Step 2: TTo o open the PowerShell window in elevated mode. Copy and paste below.
The YourPhone.exe procedure will be completely removed from system, once the command execution is complete. User will now no more see the app on your system.
When you require the app, head to Microsoft Store and download it again.