Wacom pen not working condition may arise at times, although Wacom are one of the most reliable, used, and purchased pen tablets. People all across the world know Wacom pen tablet devices and love swearing by Wacom.
At times, devices from Wacom fail or stop to work. The reason behind Wacom pen not working may be related to the device, but most of the times it may be a minor fault or glitch, something about drivers, or another thing.
Let us discuss the reason and ways to fix the Wacom Pen problem, which is not working.
Fixing Wacom Tablet Pen Not Working on Windows 10
Several reasons may be not letting Wacom Pen work. Try carrying out general troubleshooting to proceed with a solution accordingly. Facing a problem Wacom Pen not working issue, directly go to play with driver settings. Refrain from doing.
Method 1: Restart Wacom Tablet Services
Windows runs several services to run the software as well as devices. Restarting the services related to the issue may solve the problem. As complex it may sound, continuing a service to fix Wacom Tablet Pen not working point is not difficult.
- Tap Windows + R keys simultaneously to open Run Command box.
- Type services.msc, press OK, or press Enter to open the Services window with a list of services. Start looking for Wacom tablet service. The name of service differs for different Wacom tablets. The service name of the Wacom tablet could be one of the following:
- Wacom Profession Service
- Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
- Wacom Consumer Service
- As you find the service, right-click on it. Press the Restart button from the context menu. If the Restart button is greyed out, it means Wacom service is not running. Tap on the Start button.
- Restart Services Wacom Pen Not Working Windows 10
- Test out Tablet pen to check whether it has started working or not.
Method 2: Checking USB Wire with Wacom Tablet
- Check USB cable of Wacom tablet is connected correctly.
- Try to remove USB wire to re-insert it from both Tablet and PC.
- Check the small LED light on Tablet; whether flickering and not running regularly, then the problem lies with wire or USB ports.
- Ensure the wire is working correctly. Most probably tablet USB cable has a Micro USB pin.
- Test the cable on some other micro USB compatible device. Android phones and chargeable gadgets have Micro USB charging ports. If the cable seems OK, then go for the next step.
Method 3: Changing Wacom Pen’s Tip
Let’s fix Wacom Pen problem by trying a new tip for Wacom tablet’s Pen or stylus. Don’t know how to change the direction; refer to Tablet’s user manual. When changing the tip doesn’t change the scenario, it’s probably a Wacom tablet or PC’s fault.
Method 4: Restart PC
Unplug Wacom Tablet from the PC to restart it. Plugin the Tablet again to PC and check whether Pen started working or not. If not, try Method 5.
Method 5: Reinstalling Wacom Tablet Driver
It sometimes happens that the current driver may get corrupted or outdated with Windows 10 update and Wacom Pen stops working, try the given steps to reinstall Wacom Tablet driver:
- Disconnect Wacom Tablet from PC.
- Open Device Manager by either pressing Windows + X keys simultaneously on Windows 10 computer. Or, right-click on the Start button. Both ways a menu will appear, click on the Device Manager option to open the Device Manager window.
- Check for Human Interface Devices and click it to expand its options. Right-click on Wacom Tablet driver to select Uninstall device option to remove the driver of Wacom tablet from the computer.
- Download the latest driver for Wacom tablet model compatible with current OS, Windows 10.
- Download the latest and compatible driver from the Wacom website.
- Check for compatible products before downloading a driver.
- If the device is not compatible with the latest driver, scroll down on the Wacom website and check for product compatibility with previous drivers. Download the driver to the PC.
- After downloading the compatible driver, install in on your Windows 10 computer. To install the driver, double click on the downloaded driver file to automatically run the installation process.
- When done, restart PC, then plug in Wacom Tablet device. Test whether it is running fine.
Method 6: Revert Windows 10 Update
Windows 10 updates mess up things on the computer. Whether Windows 10 PC was updated recently, it is quite possible that it would have made Wacom pen to stop working. Uninstall the latest Windows 10 update and get things working for you. For uninstalling a Windows 10 update :
- Press the Start button on the PC to open the Start menu and type “Settings.”
- Search for Update and security section
- Tap on Windows Update option.
- Tap on View installed update history placed under Update status section.
- Click on the Uninstall updates option on the new screen that opens.
- Get a new window with a list of latest Windows 10 updates done on PC.
- Scroll down to locate the latest Update done in the Microsoft Windows section, right-click on the Update, tap Uninstall.
- After Update uninstall gets completed, restart PC to replug Wacom Tablet and check its working.
Method 7: Install Previous Wacom Driver
The last thing to fix Wacom Tablet Pen not working is to install previous Wacom Driver. It is called as rolling back driver updates. Uninstall current Wacom driver to install the earlier version of Wacom Driver. Follow the given steps:
- Launch Run window by pressing Windows + R keys at once. Type devmgmt.msc and tap Enter to open the Device Manager window.
- Press on Human Interface Devices to expand from the list of devices. From there, right-click on Wacom Tablet driver, then click on Uninstall device.
- Go to the Wacom website and download the previous version of the compatible Wacom driver.
- Try to locate just below the latest version but never do not skip checking for device compatibility.
- Double click the downloaded Wacom driver for installing it on your PC.
- After restarting PC, press Windows + R again to open the Run box to type services.msc, start the Wacom Tablet service to check whether it worked for the device.