Upload Video to YouTube you wish to share with friends, family, and strangers. Uploading videos to YouTube is quick, easy, and absolutely free.
Let’s get started with understanding how to upload video to YouTube using your computer, phone, or tablet.
There are two ways through which you can upload video to YouTube.
- Using the YouTube Mobile App
- Using Youtube.com on a Computer
Method 1 : Using the YouTube Mobile App
- Open the YouTube app. It has a red-and-white icon with a rectangle and sideways triangle inside, labeled “YouTube.” on home screen or in apps menu.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network before uploading video to avoid data charges.
- Click your profile photo at the top-right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Press Your channel near the top of the menu.
- Click the camera icon on the right side of the bar that runs along the top of the screen.
- Select a video in phone or tablet’s camera roll to appear and click you wish to add.
- You can upload videos up to 15 minutes in length by default. For longer videos, you must verify account first.
- Correct enhancements to the video (optional) to make last-minute edits, you have a few options:
- Click the magic wand icon to choose an artistic filter in the upper-right corner on Android, and at the bottom of the screen on iPhone and iPad.
- Press the music note to add a soundtrack of royalty-free music for iPhone and iPad only.
- Click Next to continue for iPhone and iPad only in the upper-right corner to go to the next step
- Write a title up to 100 characters long to reflect the content of the video.
- Write a description which is optional but recommended to appear below the video while viewing.
- Press a visibility level from the “Privacy” menu from three options in the privacy menu
- Click Location to set location (optional to categorize video geographically.
- Tap UPLOAD in the upper-right corner to start uploading the video to YouTube. Once it is complete, the video will appear in Videos list.
Method 2 : Using Youtube.com on a Computer
- Go to https://www.youtube.com in a web browser to upload a video directly from the YouTube web page.
- Tap the camera icon with a plus (+) sign and click Upload Video in the upper-right corner next to your profile image.
- Navigate to the YouTube Studio web page with an “Upload Video” window in the center of the page.
- Drag video file to the arrow on the window or you can click the blue SELECT FILE button, browse to the file on computer, and then click Open to begin preparing the video for upload.
- Add a video title and description. The title is required, the description is optional but recommended.
- Tap a thumbnail you want to use.
- Select the video to a playlist is optional. Tap the “Playlist” drop-down menu and select a playlist you have created to add video to.
- Write if the video is made for kids or not.
- Tap More Options (optional) and click Next. “More Options” is the blue text at the bottom of the “Details” window for more options you can add to video. When you are finished, Tap Next in the lower-right corner. The additional options are as follows
- Paid Promotions
- Subtitles & Closed Captions
- Recording Date and Location
- License and distribution
- Comments and ratings.
- Add End Screen or cards to video (optional) which appears at the end of the video to promote related material on your channel and click Next.
- Select a visibility level from the given three visibility options.Click the radio option next to the option you prefer. The visibility options are as follow:-
- Tap the blue Save or Schedule button at the bottom-right corner of the window to publish the video to YouTube channel at the scheduled date and time, or after the video is finished processing.
- To edit the title and description, go to https://studio.youtube.com/ and click Videos in the side panel to the left, Press the three-dot icon ⋮, and then click Edit title and description.
- You can change the visibility level of the video on page by tapping current level and selecting a different option.
- Once video has been uploaded, you can embed it on the website or share it online.